Indiana HS BB 2022

Hoosierfan1901

On 4/5/2022 at 4:50 PM, landrus13 said:

West Vigo run ruled Marshall, IL last night 12-2 in 5 innings. Their game tonight was canceled because of rain. They play Friday night at Noblesville, and Saturday at Westfield and Western.

They must be good to play those schools.  Noblesville is the real deal baseball wise. Really anything but football, BB, and VB. 

Favorite SIAC ballparks:

1. Jasper’s Ruxer Stadium(great venue and their rich history)

2. Castle’s Baseball Stadium(love the additions of chairback seats)

3. Memorial’s N.J. Stone Field (renovations were excellent for seating)

4. Central’s Paul Gries Field (great hill to watch games behind the home dugouts)

5. North Stadium (North has great atmosphere when it comes to baseball)

On 4/13/2022 at 12:08 AM, btownqb said:

They must be good to play those schools.  Noblesville is the real deal baseball wise. Really anything but football, BB, and VB. 

Didn't get to play because of weather. We picked up Lebanon and lost 4-1. Couldn't get anything to fall but that's baseball. We've run ruled our last few opponents. Won 10-0 last night over Greencastle. We had a perfect game last week against North Vermillion. We run ruled Warren Central last Saturday. We haven't lost a WIC game since 2019. 2-0 in the conference right now. Our toughest games come against Edgewood and Northview. We play Bloomington South later this week.

• 4 weeks later...

West Vigo won their 19th straight game last night beating Northview 10-0. With the win, West Vigo finishes 10-0 in the WIC and wins back to back WIC championships. Played 6 games in the last 8 days and all were run rule victories.

Beat Terre Haute North 13-3

Beat South Putnam 10-0

Beat Clay City 15-1

Beat Terre Haute South 10-0 and 10-0

Beat Northview 10-0

Supposed to play on the road tonight at Riverton Parke but I think it's gonna be rained out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, landrus13 said:

West Vigo won their 19th straight game last night beating Northview 10-0. With the win, West Vigo finishes 10-0 in the WIC and wins back to back WIC championships. Played 6 games in the last 8 days and all were run rule victories.

Beat Terre Haute North 13-3

Beat South Putnam 10-0

Beat Clay City 15-1

Beat Terre Haute South 10-0 and 10-0

Beat Northview 10-0

Supposed to play on the road tonight at Riverton Parke but I think it's gonna be rained out.

Incredibly impressed. I saw they had one kid going to ISU? 

Castle Knights pitcher, junior Cameron Tilly, pitched a gem yesterday. He threw a 1 hitter and blanked the North Huskies 13-0 in a sectional semi-final tomorrow against Jasper. Castles record stands at 25-3.

Correction!!! Castle will play Evansville Harrison for the sectional championship!! In a major shocker, Harrison beat Jasper by a score of 14-1!! 

Well a correction again! When I searched Jasper baseball, I got my score from maxpreps. And it showed Harrison winning 14-1. However, I later found out that Jasper did indeed win, beating Harrison by a score of 4-1!

So it will be the Knights vs. the Wildcats for all the marbles. Should be a good game....

BTW, just checked again and it still shows Jasper losing 14-1..... Screwy

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier

14 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Castle Knights pitcher, junior Cameron Tilly, pitched a gem yesterday. He threw a 1 hitter and blanked the North Huskies 13-0 in a sectional semi-final tomorrow against Jasper. Castles record stands at 25-3.

Correction!!! Castle will play Evansville Harrison for the sectional championship!! In a major shocker, Harrison beat Jasper by a score of 14-1!! 

Wish Tilly was going to IU. 

Tough day for the Castle Knights as they were defeated 5-4 by the Jasper Wildcats in extra innings.

The Knights were down 3-1 in the bottom of the 7th, but rallied and scored 2 runs to send the game in extra innings. Jasper got a 2 out bases loaded 2 run single to make the score 5-3. In the Knights bottom half of the inning, they scored 1 run to make it 5-4 and had the bases loaded with 2 outs. But the game ended on a ground out to first base. Tough loss as the Knights had a senior loaded club. 

It was a tense game to say the least.....