Wisconsin Postgame Thread

KDB

This game got me in trouble with the wife.  I wanted to throw something through the 75 inch TV.

Just. So. Tired. Of. This. %$#%.

Also, I am over the Big Ten officiating.  That was not a foul on Durr to go up 14.  The ball went off that bridge of Frankenstein looking mofo for Wisconsin.  The BIG let's the sh-- officiating happen and they end up screwing teams out of seeding or teaching "good" teams habits that get them murdered every year in the tournament.  Worst officials in D1.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iucane said:

No.  Woody lost is the game.  You can’t keep playing him the way he was playing.  Also, didn’t like the stretches with both Race and TJD off the court and the back ups.  There was no offense with Rob, Durr, Geronimo, bates on the court.  

If we sit XJ we have rob in longer who cannot score to save his life in these kinds of games. I think we were outcoached, but players make free throws and we didn't even do that.

I do agree players sat too long and thats on Woody, but I'm not saying this game was his fault either. We'd be praising him if the players just maintained the first half performance.

It baffles my mind how we can’t seem to hardly ever keep our foot on the gas the whole game. It’s like when we get a big lead, like we had at halftime, we think it’s in the bag. One half we look the best we have all year, and the next it looks like we forgot how to play basketball. I don’t get it. That killer instinct is still lacking. Plus, yes, playing at Wisconsin didn’t help.

Crazy crazy crazy how we can look that good in the first half and still end up losing the game. I really don’t get why Wisconsin does this to us. 

JOKE. Disappointed in CMW and TJD more than anything. That CMW allowed XJ to play out of control the entire second half and the fact TJD disappeared / misses so many layups or bunnies. Never been high on KL, but I was hollering for KL in the second half. Same old Indiana. Overreaction? 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s not until you see results change and they aren’t changing yet. Same low IQ basketball we’ve gotten used to. Vent over. 

One other random thought / question. Why is it that other teams’ players can play almost all of games but our guys can’t? We were up 21-9 and had about 3-4 dead possessions after a TO and after stops. Every flipping possession counts and we gave a number of them away by who was on the floor. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Out. Coached. Terrible last 5 minutes.

Woodson should have recognized that Johnson was imploding in the second half and tried other options. He was a black hole. His endless terrible shots down the stretch were essentially turnovers. Time to give Lander the ball at times and get this kid experience moving forward. Can't see how he would be worse than what I saw from X and Rob tonight. Together there were 5/20 from the field...2/8 from the line.  It's been a while since I've been this angry after a game!!

Edited by JerseyHoosier
  • Like 5

Total gag job.  Can only blame themselves.  Missed free throws.  Terrified to shoot from the field. 

I would have played Miller Kopp more.  He can get a bucket.  

Phinisee and Bates really hurt them out there.   This was not for the faint of heart.  

Several bizarre calls but the lede is blowing a 20 plus point lead.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

This game got me in trouble with the wife.  I wanted to throw something through the 75 inch TV.

Just. So. Tired. Of. This. %$#%.

Also, I am over the Big Ten officiating.  That was not a foul on Durr to go up 14.  The ball went off that bridge of Frankenstein looking mofo for Wisconsin.  The BIG let's the sh-- officiating happen and they end up screwing teams out of seeding or teaching "good" teams habits that get them murdered every year in the tournament.  Worst officials in D1.

It does make me wonder if Vegas is in the college referees pocket like they are the pros. Not saying IU lost just bc the refs but two crucial calls that didn’t go out way 

• Haha 1