Wisconsin Postgame Thread

KDB

Just now, jefftheref said:

I watched the first half until about 8 minutes left. I knew we were going to choke and I can't stand to sit and watch it. Call me a fair weather fan but I am sick of this crap. Dumb players and an inexperienced coach. I am to old and my time is to valuable to waste watching garbage year after year. 

Sadly, I think I'm there with you Jeff....

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I don’t think “Woodson is a joke”. But he isn’t above criticism considering his knowledge of the game. He will learn from this and move forward. What burns me is to have these guys geared up and ready to go and completely trip on your own feet at the end. 

Well, we did keep running the same pick and roll with Trayce and X over and over... Wisconsin isn't a stupid team...they caught on and defended it well...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 5

You all are feeling the same as me so this is basically me trying a form of self healing.  What did we just witness?  At half I half joked with myself saying this will end up a close win.  Dumb not to expect a loss.  I remember Woodson demonstrating proper finger roll form and thinking there are other issues going on here.  Man, that half was bad.  Syracuse S16 bad, IPFW bad?  Gotta be close.  

Just now, Jackson Kellogs said:

Coaching lost this game as well. Period. 

I put it on our best players for not coming out of the second to win the game.  TJD and Race missed to many bunnies and we missed to many free throws.  Not saying Woodson shouldn't be criticizing but he is not why we lost.  Why do people just always blame coaches when you lose.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

This one did it for me.. don’t care what anyone says but this team is NOT good! We’re in for a long season, especially if we’re playing that kind of offense (nonexistent)! Y’all let me know when Xavier Johnson isn’t starting and I’ll start watching them again. Otherwise I’m done! 

I did not use it tonight but, I think my DVR may be getting a work-out this season....

• Like 2

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Xavier was terrible but no one is above criticism. They all gagged.  

Hard for anybody else to have gagged when XJ was shooting it or throwing it away before anybody else touched it. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ve been very anti-KL so far bc he’s shown his inexperience through stupid decisions, but that display by XJ tonight and Rob being completely lost, give me KL. At least he’s inexperienced so his mistakes are more understandable. 

• Like 2

Just now, IU Scott said:

I put it on our best players for not coming out of the second to win the game.  TJD and Race missed to many bunnies and we missed to many free throws.  Not saying Woodson shouldn't be criticizing but he is not why we lost.  Why do people just always blame coaches when you lose.

He left the guy in who single handily killed us down the stretch!! Made NO adjustments!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I don’t think “Woodson is a joke”. But he isn’t above criticism considering his knowledge of the game. He will learn from this and move forward. What burns me is to have these guys geared up and ready to go and completely trip on your own feet at the end. 

He needs a pg that can push and slow it down.  Hope this pg's grow.  Wish they didn't pump the brakes down the stretch, their stenght is to control tempo.  

2nd half, way to many rebounds ripped out of IU's hands.  It was effort.

Without Xavier we don’t build up a 20 pt lead…same kid in the second half just the last 5 mins he didn’t finish well at all. We came out flat in second half thinking we already won the game. We never strung two baskets together the whole second half. We lost our intensity. Didn’t matter who we put in that didn’t change. Funny enough but Durr and Geronimo gave us some good minutes. Clock struck midnight and our guys turned into a pumpkin. Xavier, Race, TJD missed point blank looks that any one or two salts the game away. Very disappointing for sure. Hate losing to Wisky and their officials.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I watched the first half until about 8 minutes left. I knew we were going to choke and I can't stand to sit and watch it. Call me a fair weather fan but I am sick of this crap. Dumb players and an inexperienced coach. I am to old and my time is to valuable to waste watching garbage year after year. 

Find something else to do.  You missed 19 great play  in the first half. Players came out trying not to lose instead of putting their foot on their throats.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Threedom said:

You all are feeling the same as me so this is basically me trying a form of self healing.  What did we just witness?  At half I half joked with myself saying this will end up a close win.  Dumb not to expect a loss.  I remember Woodson demonstrating proper finger roll form and thinking there are other issues going on here.  Man, that half was bad.  Syracuse S16 bad, IPFW bad?  Gotta be close.  

My self healing is the Tito's drink I made after the game. 

5 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

This one did it for me.. don’t care what anyone says but this team is NOT good! We’re in for a long season, especially if we’re playing that kind of offense (nonexistent)! Y’all let me know when Xavier Johnson isn’t starting and I’ll start watching them again. Otherwise I’m done! 

Don't let the door hit you on the back side

• Like 1

Plenty of blame/credit to go around in this one.

First of all, Wisconsin deserves credit for not quitting and getting really aggressive and physical down by 22 in the first half. 

TJD was terrible

X was terrible in the second half. 

The refs were terrible and multiple times completely took over the lead which absolutely hampered out ability to put our foot on their throat. 

Someone, anyone, just has to hit a shot. 

I don't agree with the amount of blame being put on X. He was really bad, but he was also the only guy trying to make things happen. Everyone else, with the exception of Race, looked scared of choking and it showed. So yeah, he pressed and it went poorly but what is he supposed to do when everyone else is afraid of the moment? 

• Like 5

This game is a case study as to why we, as fans, cannot let ourselves get too emotionally attached to these games.  No team will, or can, ever meet 100% of our expectations.  I think a lot of IU fans probably checked the box when we were up 22 and never considered the possibility that we could lose.  Even many of those that considered it, never really expected it to happen.  If you really look at it, though, that lead was built on a level of play that was unsustainable.  Factor in that we had to assume that the Kohl Center calls would start to bleed into the game at some point, and, while disappointing, I don't think we can consider this to be surprising.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1