Wisconsin Postgame Thread

KDB

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Lander is probably not seeing the court because of defense and not offense.

From my post that you quoted: “This has to be something more than just A/T ratio and his lack of D, especially when that negative A/T ratio is from such a small sample.”

14 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I said to my family last night that if less than 15 pt lead with 10 to go IU would lose. 

My FIL bet Wisky to win outright at the half. He made some cash last night

That was my feeling as well. You could just see it slipping away in the way guys were carrying themselves on the court. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BGleas said:

I'm curious on the same thing. The second half of that game is the first time all season where I've seen XJ deliberately and slowly walk the ball up the court for an extended stretch. I don't mean to take a dig at him, but he looked like Phinisee out there walking the ball up and taking forever to get into the offense in the second half. I'm very curious if that was coach driven, was it XJ sort of on his own, or was it a byproduct of the game (ie. not getting defensive stops, etc.). 

I just haven't seen XJ do that much before. We looked like an Archie Miller offense in the 2nd half. 

Watched the game again last night (couldn't sleep...bad back) and the contrast between halves was amazing...in the first we pushed the ball quite a bit and got some really good looks for our shooters and some good interior buckets before the Wisconsin big men could set up...In the 2nd, we walked the ball up and got only 1 transition basket (Tamar found Rob on a long pass and he made the layup)...

The other think that really stood out (again) were the chippies we missed...and the 3 look Stewart got with about 43 seconds to go couldn't have been any better...I know no one is automatic, but I woulda bet money on that shot...

And you're right...I watched for how quickly we got into the offense with XJ as opposed to Rob...quite a difference...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Watched the game again last night (couldn't sleep...bad back) and the contrast between halves was amazing...in the first we pushed the ball quite a bit and got some really good looks for our shooters and some good interior buckets before the Wisconsin big men could set up...In the 2nd, we walked the ball up and got only 1 transition basket (Tamar found Rob on a long pass and he made the layup)...

The other think that really stood out (again) were the chippies we missed...and the 3 look Stewart got with about 43 seconds to go couldn't have been any better...I know no one is automatic, but I woulda bet money on that shot...

And you're right...I watched for how quickly we got into the offense with XJ as opposed to Rob...quite a difference...

I think Stewart had to rush that 3 because of the shot clock. But yes, that was a big miss. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I think Stewart had to rush that 3 because of the shot clock. But yes, that was a big miss. 

Yeah it wasn't his normal motion. It was rushed. Thing is he can hit that...but we hadn't worked to get him any looks in the second half so understandably tough to knock down shots when you have no rhythm. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

2 seconds left on the shot clock when he let it go...We actually had 2 shooters open (Leal was near the top of the key)...He got off a good shot, just missed it...

Was just at a bar in Fort Greene with my wife and the two dudes next to us were Wisconsin fans. They were talking about the game and used the term “thugs” like 2 or 3 times when talking about IU. 

In my head, I was like, “Dude, they allowed your trash guards to do whatever the hell they wanted in the second half. I wish we were thugs at Wisconsin instead of sheep.”

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Was just at a bar in Fort Greene with my wife and the two dudes next to us were Wisconsin fans. They were talking about the game and used the term “thugs” like 2 or 3 times when talking about IU. 

In my head, I was like, “Dude, they allowed your trash guards to do whatever the hell they wanted in the second half. I wish we were thugs at Wisconsin instead of sheep.”

I'm guessing they were rotund and smelled of polish sausage and cheddar cheese. 

• Haha 2