Wisconsin Postgame Thread

KDB

13 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This is sports.  Basketball is an emotional game. This isn’t chess.  Of course people are going to be upset.  Adrenaline can take over.  The board is an outlet for that.  It’s not new.  I calibrate accordingly.  

Hey, I did one time jump up in front of the TV and say, "F Boris Spassky!" when he was playing Bobby Fischer 😉

• Haha 3

Last thing I’ll say, every person on that team should be beyond embarrassed by that 2nd half performance. And we don’t even get to see what they are made of after that debacle until Jan 2nd (no N Dame shouldn’t be a game). It’s embarrassing saying Jan 2nd is the next opportunity, but I don’t count on us being able to win at Penn St, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Last thing I’ll say, every person on that team should be beyond embarrassed by that 2nd half performance. And we don’t even get to see what they are made of after that debacle until Jan 2nd (no N Dame shouldn’t be a game). It’s embarrassing saying Jan 2nd is the next opportunity, but I don’t count on us being able to win at Penn St, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

LOL, Notre Dame shouldn't be a game. We all know it will be, and we might even lose it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I’m with you on this one Scott. I put blame all around the team. We missed way to many free throws, and X was trying to do too much. He was easily getting inside with his ball handling but was out of control too much, late in the game. We had way too many open shots and good looks and missed bunnies and free throws that just wouldn’t go down. Also, Wisconsin started hitting shots. All those things lead to the ultimate, perfect storm. Let this be a huge lesson to CMW and this team, to NEVER , EVER let your foot off the glass. What gets me though is how people come out of the woodwork with firey torches. This game was ours  for the taking but we gave it away…totally unexceptable! But……I can’t stand when people come on here and act like someone p!$$ed in there Wheaties!!! Look, I’m furious too, but THIS TEAM IS NOT the “same old team”, CMW is the right guy for this job! Don’t forget to give Wisconsin little credit…You best believe a team with CMW, Dane Fife, Yasir Rosemond and Thad Matta as coaches for this team, … a game like this won’t happen again. 

I hope you’re right, but there’s no proof of that yet. Results are still the same. 

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't mind criticism when warranted and tonight they deserve it.  What I don't like is when those doing the criticism isn't around when we are playing well.  Also the people saying they are done with this team, good because we don't need fans like this.  I have been a fan for all of my life(51) and will never stop. I hate losing as much as anyone but the drama queens on social media is embarrassing.

Also the ones that criticizing Johnson must have missed the first half when he had 8-5-6

Takes 40 minutes to win a game Scott. Not the first half. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But that's not reality...most of the time they swallow their whistles at the end of the game...and on a few of XJ's drives to the bucket I don't think there was a foul...although he was looking for one...

Bardo did have one cogent thought when he said XJ should look to finish and not just be looking for a foul to be called...

While I am in a foul mood, I hate having Bardo call every one of our games too.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't mind criticism when warranted and tonight they deserve it.  What I don't like is when those doing the criticism isn't around when we are playing well.  Also the people saying they are done with this team, good because we don't need fans like this.  I have been a fan for all of my life(51) and will never stop. I hate losing as much as anyone but the drama queens on social media is embarrassing.

Also the ones that criticizing Johnson must have missed the first half when he had 8-5-6

Sorry some of us can’t be on these boards 24/7 because we have other sh** going on in our lives! Quit acting like fans have to be a certain way and to your standards! If you don’t like the criticism and the way some of us express it then why even respond if you feel the way you do. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Mods.  This guy obviously is not an IU fan.  He comes in and trolls only at the point when the board is most agitated.  Even if he is an IU fan (he's not), he brings nothing but garbage to the board.  Can we once and for all drop the permanent ban on him? 

All I'm saying is that we get screwed whenever we play Wisconsin by the refs. Hence the french maid comment. 

30 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But X needs to be more consistent and I'm not sure he's got that in him...

The first half is what we can be...the second, unfortunately, is what we are...

At this point in his career X “is what he is”…ie a rollarcoaster. He is going to win some games for us, have stretches where he is clearly our best PG but then have times when he gets too emotional and/or go all out hero-ball on us. He was 4-16 and took 5 more shots than TJD. Not good.

• Like 4

My last rant of the night- no more Race Thompson shooting 3’s. 
And I agree with whoever said the Durr  “travel” went from an AND-1 to taking points off the board- truly a momentum killer. Game changer. Soul Crusher. I hate Wisconsin. 
But as the great Farmer Fran once said: “We live to play another day.” 
GO IU

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KDB said:

Confusing especially when KL was thrown into the fire @ Syracuse with 5 minutes left after not playing the entirety of the game.

KL would not have seen the court against Syracuse if it wasn’t for X, Rob and Stewart all fouling out.

He clearly is not in the rotation at this point.

Just now, Rev_AK said:

My last rant of the night- no more Race Thompson shooting 3’s. 
And I agree with whoever said the Durr  “travel” went from an AND-1 to taking points off the board- truly a momentum killer. Game changer. Soul Crusher. I hate Wisconsin. 
But as the great Farmer Fran once said: “We live to play another day.” 
GO IU

The score was 56-44 and instead of a 14-15 lead UW scored to cut it to 10

2 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

All I'm saying is that we get screwed whenever we play Wisconsin by the refs. Hence the french maid comment. 

You're not an IU fan, so stop pretending to be one.  We allow posters who are fans of other teams to come over here as long as they don't troll.  I outgrew getting kicks out of visiting other team's fan boards to troll about 20 years ago.  It truly is a juvenile thing to do.  

• Like 1