Wisconsin Postgame Thread

KDB

47 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This game is a case study as to why we, as fans, cannot let ourselves get too emotionally attached to these games.  No team will, or can, ever meet 100% of our expectations.  I think a lot of IU fans probably checked the box when we were up 22 and never considered the possibility that we could lose.  Even many of those that considered it, never really expected it to happen.  If you really look at it, though, that lead was built on a level of play that was unsustainable.  Factor in that we had to assume that the Kohl Center calls would start to bleed into the game at some point, and, while disappointing, I don't think we can consider this to be surprising.   

Gonna go with the exact opposite.  Most of my buddies that watched the game felt a loss was inevitable after the last 5 of the first half.  The cracks were forming, and no Indiana team has fixed real cracks since I don't know when.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

All I'm saying is that we get screwed whenever we play Wisconsin by the refs. Hence the french maid comment. 

Seriously...I try to give you some slack. But you only show up during bad times and are always negative. 

It really.is enough at this point. Either be a serious part of our community or go away.

Before we just block you altogether. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Sorry, it was not the refs that lost this game. Yes, they were bad, but called phantom fouls against Wisconsin too. This was on us. 

X HAS to recognize the moment. Wisconsin had his number, yet he continued to drive and not give up the rock. Woody also HAS to recognize that X is not recognizing the moment, call a timeout, calm him down and draw up a play. I just couldn’t believe that X was allowed to be an offensive black hole the last 5 minutes. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

But were you on here talking how good we were in the first.  I just don't respect people who only comes here when things go bad 

Well said Scott! It’s sure funny how many of us Ol’ Regulars are on here everyday through the good and bad. I sure as hell am not gonna listen to or take serious those negative, combative posters we NEVER see on this message board. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I hope if you if you have to decide between basketball or family you pick family.  If you are at home doing nothing and not watching that to me means they are fair weather fans.

You are a bit emotional it seems.  If you actually spent less time spinning, and a minute more reading you would know I was talking about friends.  Anyway, be good fan.

• Like 1

Pluses, Durr is better than i thought!

Stewart is better than I thought!

Kopp is better than I thought!

MINUSES: Woodsen is not as good as I thought!!

Johnson thinks he's an all American!!!

My God why do coaches think players need rest, they get enough rest with all the tv timeouts! He can't put the second string in for such a long time!, If you must sub ( which you don't) rotate them in and out.

I'm rapidly becoming a Boiler maker fan!l But I'm not sure if Painter is much better!

• Confused 4

19 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Did he? I don’t even remember to be honest. I thought he re-injured himself that game. 

I thought the same thing during the game, and posted it, but someone corrected me and said he fouled out (which turned out to be true).

I just looked and Rob fouled out with 4 seconds to go in regulation. Lander then came in and played the last few seconds of regulation and both OT’s (ie the 10 minutes he played) as both Rob and X had fouled out.  KL did not see any playing time against Cuse until they fouled out.

Edited by IU878176
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

Gonna go with the exact opposite.  Most of my buddies that watched the game felt a loss was inevitable after the last 5 of the first half.  The cracks were forming, and no Indiana team has fixed real cracks since I don't know when.  

I thought the first 19 minutes was great it was the 5-0 run in the last minute.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Let said:

My God why do coaches think players need rest, they get enough rest with all the tv timeouts! He can't put the second string in for such a long time!, If you must sub ( which you don't) rotate them in and out.

I'm rapidly becoming a Boiler maker fan!l But I'm not sure if Painter is much better!

Well another troll is out tonight

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Let said:

…..Again, this post is another reason why I don’t listen to or take serious these negative posts from people who are never if rarely are ever on here….

• Like 3

Bad loss.

Really bad loss, but…

After 9 games some have already given up on Woody but in year three of Archie some were still saying it takes 3-4 years to learn his D and that those with higher expectations were guilty of expecting instant gratification LOL. LOL.

The reduction in turnovers the second 1/2 of Nebraska and this game is a positive trend. We really need to get back on track when TJD is not part of the offense and when X tries to do too much. This team has a decent upside and it will be interesting to see what we can do with that upside. 9 games is a wee bit early to come to a definitive conclusion.

• Like 4

The reality is we are still dealing with a flawed roster - we don't really have a third guy we can play through. 

Wisconsin did a good job of taking TJD out of the game, and frankly, he didn't make it very hard on them. 

X forced things, but who else are you gonna play through? You can't play through Kopp or Stewart - they're not going to create shots. Same with Race. 

• Like 5

This loss is 100% on the coaching staff. It has nothing to do with subbing. The bench played fine for a stretch, and without that bogus travel call on Durr we probably win. 

This is on the staff because our offense was a joke the entire 2nd half. It was slow, plodding, unimaginative and simple, and what was the worst was that it never changed. 

All we had was the same high ball screen action or going to TJD on the right block and it didn't work and never changed for 20 minutes. 

I have to assume that the staff told XJ to walk the ball up the court the entire second half, because he usually doesn't do that. 

Archie Miller would be embarrassed by how terrible and unimaginative our offense was in rhe 2nd half. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

This loss is 100% on the coaching staff. It has nothing to do with subbing. The bench played fine for a stretch, and without that bogus travel call on Durr we probably win. 

This is on the staff because our offense was a joke the entire 2nd half. It was slow, plodding, unimaginative and simple, and what was the worst was that it never changed. 

All we had was the same high ball screen action or going to TJD on the right block and it didn't work and never changed for 20 minutes. 

I have to assume that the staff told XJ to walk the ball up the court the entire second half, because he usually doesn't do that. 

Archie Miller would be embarrassed by how terrible and unimaginative our offense was in rhe 2nd half. 

I'm quoting with this because it's not on the emoji choices

😧

• Like 1