2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I keep forgetting he's only been in the league for a few years. I have no clue where the Padres go from here with him considering the size and length of that contract. Kid is one of the best but if he can't stay on the field....who cares. 

Still only 23 but he keeps showing that he doesn’t have a whole lot of maturity. That has to change for the Padres and MLB moving forward. 

• Like 1

I don’t get the argument that Votto’s contract being a problem for the Reds. That’s nonsense. The Reds only have 43 million on the books for 2023 in Votto and Moose. They’ll have guys making money in arbitration and everyone else is still on pre arbitration deals. They have plenty of flexibility moving forward to acquire pieces to fill out the roster around their young prospects. Votto will likely be around 2 more years and then retire. His contract isn’t that big of a problem for the Redlegs. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I don’t get the argument that Votto’s contract being a problem for the Reds. That’s nonsense. The Reds only have 43 million on the books for 2023 in Votto and Moose. They’ll have guys making money in arbitration and everyone else is still on pre arbitration deals. They have plenty of flexibility moving forward to acquire pieces to fill out the roster around their young prospects. Votto will likely be around 2 more years and then retire. His contract isn’t that big of a problem for the Redlegs. 

Reds fans should be more concerned with Moose than Joey.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Would not be surprised to see Tatis "shopped" during the off season.

I’d say that’s doubtful. No team is going to want to touch him with his long term deal and all the uncertainties with him. He’ll also still be suspended at the start of next season which is another complication. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

The game is great... It's all the window dressing and manufactured "made for TV" moments that I'm not a big fan of...

People keep trying to recreate "magic moments" from movies and/or sports, but they use too many retreads and not enough ingenuity.

Cut down on the pomp and circumstance, and be original... 

As a Reds fan, I can tell you that I was giddy like a little kid to see Griffey Jr. and Griffey Sr. 'have a catch'.  Loved the Bench and Fergie Jenkins in game interviews.  Can't say I liked the Harry Carey thing, but that was the only thing I did not like (other than Big Papi...can't stand him on the pre-game show).   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Reds fans should be more concerned with Moose than Joey.  

I would much, much, rather the Reds find a way to keep Solano and/or Reynolds over Moose.  If I had won the Mega Millions a few weeks back, I would have offered Castellini the money for the buyout.  

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

As a Reds fan, I can tell you that I was giddy like a little kid to see Griffey Jr. and Griffey Sr. 'have a catch'.  Loved the Bench and Fergie Jenkins in game interviews.  Can't say I liked the Harry Carey thing, but that was the only thing I did not like (other than Big Papi...can't stand him on the pre-game show).   

Wait you mean you didn’t like the hologram Harry Caray singing “take me out to the ball game” at a “checks notes” Reds home game lol 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Would have been better if they'd just let them come out and do it naturally rather than a scripted thing... And I'm sure it would have happened that way...

I'm all for sentiment... Just not staged sentiment... 

And here's how the steroid era harmed baseball...

In years past, Aaron Judge's 46 home runs with 69 games to go would have had the whole country in it's grip as he tried to chase down Maris's 61...

But with the inflated numbers McGwire, Sosa, and Bonds put up, no one will get close to the record... Sad really...

They cheated the stars and fans of the past, the present, and the future...

I say scrub them all from the books... 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

And here's how the steroid era harmed baseball...

In years past, Aaron Judge's 46 home runs with 69 games to go would have had the whole country in it's grip as he tried to chase down Maris's 61...

But with the inflated numbers McGwire, Sosa, and Bonds put up, no one will get close to the record... Sad really...

They cheated the stars and fans of the past, the present, and the future...

I say scrub them all from the books... 

And, to top it off, Judge should be the headline for this weekend, especially since the Yanks are playing the Reds Sox.  Instead we have Fernando Tatis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I’d say that’s doubtful. No team is going to want to touch him with his long term deal and all the uncertainties with him. He’ll also still be suspended at the start of next season which is another complication. 

Doubtful?  Perhaps.  But I can see the Yanks knockin' on the door.

This lineup sure probably scare a lot of pitchers LOL!

Fraley .229

Senzel .242

Farmer .256

Votto .216

Salano .309

Reynolds .254

Aquino .181

Barrero .194

Papierski .132

Those 7-9 batters is just a joke and tonight they are a combine 0-6 with 5K's.

Edited by IU Scott

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This lineup sure probably scare a lot of pit jets LOL!

Fraley .229

Senzel .242

Farmer .256

Votto .216

Salano .309

Reynolds .254

Aquino .181

Barrero .194

Papierski .132

Well, truth be told, pit jets are not easy to scare.  

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

This lineup sure probably scare a lot of pitchers LOL!

Fraley .229

Senzel .242

Farmer .256

Votto .216

Salano .309

Reynolds .254

Aquino .181

Barrero .194

Papierski .132

It doesn’t matter. This season doesn’t matter. Play guys find out who’s worth keeping for next year and who’s not. Maybe 5 of those guys at most will even be on the Reds come opening day 2023.