2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

This Reds and Cubs game is the slowest moving game that I can remember. They just got through the second inning and it took 1 hr and 9 min. Cubs already had to make a pitching change and those pitchers already have thrown 82 pitches and the Reds pitcher has thrown 39 pitches. Reds up 4-2

Edited by IU Scott

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

When will Bell learn not to pitch Strickland late with the lead. Up 8-5 in the 8th Strickland only got 1 out and left with the bases loaded. Gave up an infield single and 2 walks

Diaz came in with the bases loaded and struck out both hitters to get out of the inning.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not a math wizard by any stretch, but how are those playoff odds for the Orioles remotely feasible considering what the teams directly above and directly below them in the standings have?

image.png.0ee213d9cc191a0c2294bc4a4b0b4602.png

I have no idea how they calculate these, but I would imagine remaining schedule is probably the biggest factor. In this case, a number that low means someone probably screwed up the calculation. 

16 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I have no idea how they calculate these, but I would imagine remaining schedule is probably the biggest factor. In this case, a number that low means someone probably screwed up the calculation. 

They are giving the A's better playoff odds than the Orioles.  Definitely a screwup.  The Angels having a 62% chance at the playoffs is almost just as bad.   

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

They are giving the A's better playoff odds than the Orioles.  Definitely a screwup.  The Angels having a 62% chance at the playoffs is almost just as bad.   

I found a Reddit discussion from a year ago where someone posted a screenshot of the AL Central leading White Sox having a 1% chance to make the playoffs, the last place Royals having a 6.5% chance, and the three teams between them all at 0%. 

• Haha 1

Watching the Tigers/Guardians and the Guardians have maybe the most annoying pitcher I've ever watched work...James Karinchak...

He flips the ball around, messes with his hair, flips it around again, goes to the rosin bag, back to the hair, and back to the rosin bag... Takes him forever to deliver a pitch...

The announcers were opining about a Karinchak-Mike "The Human Rain Delay" (and former Tribe skipper) Hargrove matchup... Beer run between pitches... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Watching the Tigers/Guardians and the Guardians have maybe the most annoying pitcher I've ever watched work...James Karinchak...

He flips the ball around, messes with his hair, flips it around again, goes to the rosin bag, back to the hair, and back to the rosin bag... Takes him forever to deliver a pitch...

The announcers were opining about a Karinchak-Mike "The Human Rain Delay" (and former Tribe skipper) Hargrove matchup... Beer run between pitches... 

Flipping his hair? So he's the Matt Haarms of pitchers? 

As far as Human Rain Delay, that title belongs to Rafael Betancourt, who pitched for the Indians back in the 2000's. Dude was the slowest pitcher I've ever seen. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Does he talk to the ball like the Bird man did back in the day