Jump to content

Trendon Watford Commits to LSU


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a text yesterday from a number I did not recognized and asked if I wanted to talk Indiana basketball recruiting? Of course I said yes and expected it to be a member of HSN. I received a cal

Looks like Trendon will be taking a visit to IU. Evidently in a interview with Christian on Peegs. Christian could be there too. 

Heck, he inherited a roster that performed poorly the previous season and then lost it's 3 best players.  Add in being too late in the '17 recruiting class to bring in players he prefers and ending up

Posted Images

I’ve thought he was going to Alabama all along...still will be surprised if he doesn’t. I think Memphis is out of scholarships so they are done. LSU has issues...long shot but maybe we have a chance. Last chair left empty sort of thing. Not exactly a bad fall back school.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’ve thought he was going to Alabama all along...still will be surprised if he doesn’t. I think Memphis is out of scholarships so they are done. LSU has issues...long shot but maybe we have a chance. Last chair left empty sort of thing. Not exactly a bad fall back school.

While I tend to agree, I’m still in the “believe it when I see it crowd.” I feel like he’s LSU bound... it just seems like these current recruits care less and less about potential infractions. Not a knock towards the Watford family, just a sad state of affairs with NCAA recruiting in general.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

While I tend to agree, I’m still in the “believe it when I see it crowd.” I feel like he’s LSU bound... it just seems like these current recruits care less and less about potential infractions. Not a knock towards the Watford family, just a sad state of affairs with NCAA recruiting in general.  

What’s the big deal about infractions as far as the kid goes? They don’t get to play in the NCAAs? Neither did Romeo...The coach gets fired? They can get granted immediate transfer....they go to schools to showcase their skills and get to NBA. Heck maybe the kid just likes the LSU campus and it’s close to home...that said I don’t think anything soon is happening to Wade...just look at Sean Miller...he is going into two years after his clear red handed infractions and he is signing some of his best classes and no hint of being fired or having NCAA infractions. Honestly it makes me wonder if UL was stupid for firing Petino and admitting to their wrong doing.,,.they had to give up a banner and lost a Hof coach...should have stone walled and denied.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dgambill said:

What’s the big deal about infractions as far as the kid goes? They don’t get to play in the NCAAs? Neither did Romeo...The coach gets fired? They can get granted immediate transfer....they go to schools to showcase their skills and get to NBA. Heck maybe the kid just likes the LSU campus and it’s close to home...that said I don’t think anything soon is happening to Wade...just look at Sean Miller...he is going into two years after his clear red handed infractions and he is signing some of his best classes and no hint of being fired or having NCAA infractions. Honestly it makes me wonder if UL was stupid for firing Petino and admitting to their wrong doing.,,.they had to give up a banner and lost a Hof coach...should have stone walled and denied.

That is the lesson in all of this when dealing with the NCAA, never, never ever, never ever ever cooperate.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dgambill said:

What’s the big deal about infractions as far as the kid goes? They don’t get to play in the NCAAs? Neither did Romeo...The coach gets fired? They can get granted immediate transfer....they go to schools to showcase their skills and get to NBA. Heck maybe the kid just likes the LSU campus and it’s close to home...that said I don’t think anything soon is happening to Wade...just look at Sean Miller...he is going into two years after his clear red handed infractions and he is signing some of his best classes and no hint of being fired or having NCAA infractions. Honestly it makes me wonder if UL was stupid for firing Petino and admitting to their wrong doing.,,.they had to give up a banner and lost a Hof coach...should have stone walled and denied.

Moral of the story, IU needs to get with the times or become ancient history, if we aren’t already. Been 16 years since a final four and 32 since a national title. What has IU done in that time? Not keep up with the other blue bloods, and had total ineptness post Knight. 

Edited by Feathery
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Moral of the story, IU needs to get with the times or become ancient history, if we aren’t already. Been 16 years since a final four and 32 since a national title. What has IU done in that time? Not keep up with the other blue bloods, and had total ineptness post Knight. 

Pretty dang painful, ain't it?  All I can do is shake my head at the administration.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

When the admin said academics would come first, I guess they really meant it.....

Nothing wrong with academics coming 1st, it is a school of higher learning.  But dang, don't hinder the athletics.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dgambill said:

I’ve thought he was going to Alabama all along...still will be surprised if he doesn’t. I think Memphis is out of scholarships so they are done. LSU has issues...long shot but maybe we have a chance. Last chair left empty sort of thing. Not exactly a bad fall back school.

Im pretty sure hes not going to IU,although the family loves IU it took alot out of them when Cwat was here coming and going from games,it would be nice for them to have Trendon closer...im curious how TW got into this postion being a 5 star and kinda at the end of his rope with schools,Duke took a look but moved on...here it is middle of May and hes going to make a decision with a list of schools that can easily be crossed off.. Memphis not likely, already got like 8 players signed up,LSU..turmoil, IU..distance...that really just leaves Alabama...by default??? I guess we will find out in a couple of days.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

It starts with Mcrobbie. As a foreigner he does not see the importance of American sports. A real shame! 

Didnt he take some money from the athletic department to pay for some new renovations to some building?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

When the admin said academics would come first, I guess they really meant it.....

If that is the case then they really should go...does anyone think IU academics today is better than 20-30 years ago...at least compared to other institutions. I fully believe Brand used his position at IU and situation with Knight to spring board himself to the top of the NCAAs...and the rest have been trying to follow suit with his example since. I think it is pretty clear that athletics can provide more opportunities for improving higher learning through marketing and finances then any other endevour the school might invest in. Oh well...I’m just praying we lucked into a great hire despite those working against the program.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rico said:

Nothing wrong with academics coming 1st, it is a school of higher learning.  But dang, don't hinder the athletics.

Me thinks someone is jealous that their university is better known for putting a round ball into a hoop and into the back of a net then some pretentious academia. Sad they can’t see they can coexist and actually compliment and support one another. Doesn’t have to be an either or situation...unfortunately we live in a country/root for a university that is run by elitist who truly are out of touch.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The state of college basketball: FBI investigates NCAA, coach caught red handed conspiring to pay for players, neither the NCAA nor the FBI punish anyone of importance, coach reinstated, and recruiting continues just as before.  Yeah, that's where we are at.  IU may as well pony up hundreds of thousands of dollars yearly for recruits at this point.  There seems to be no down side. 

Sorry this is posted in Trendons thread but this just angers me.  I'm disappointed for selfish reasons if he ends up there but also disappointed for ethical/idealistic reasons. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 1:49 PM, HoosierJax said:

Im pretty sure hes not going to IU,although the family loves IU it took alot out of them when Cwat was here coming and going from games,it would be nice for them to have Trendon closer...im curious how TW got into this postion being a 5 star and kinda at the end of his rope with schools,Duke took a look but moved on...here it is middle of May and hes going to make a decision with a list of schools that can easily be crossed off.. Memphis not likely, already got like 8 players signed up,LSU..turmoil, IU..distance...that really just leaves Alabama...by default??? I guess we will find out in a couple of days.

I am all for the kid taking his time with his decision but I agree this can be the result of waiting too long...sometimes their is not perfect choice..you make the best decision you can and hopefully can trust your coach to do right by you too...which is where guys like Penny and Wade I would have questions if they have my best interest. At least at IU I know the coach is trying to win games...but not at the expense of his players and program.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Javonte Smart returning to lsu.   That won't be 'his' team either.  

Running out of options.  Nothing makes sense.  Just pick IU by default because it's the best option.  

Its down to iu and LSU I think. We got a shot folks.

Edited by Bedford1432
Link to post
Share on other sites

Could silence on the recruiting front, specifically the grad transfer market, mean IU knows they are right there (or hopefully getting him)???  

Ive always assumed there was very little chance, but silence lately hopefully is speaking volumes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Could silence on the recruiting front, specifically the grad transfer market, mean IU knows they are right there (or hopefully getting him)???  

Ive always assumed there was very little chance, but silence lately hopefully is speaking volumes. 

 

giphy (20).gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bustout said:

Could silence on the recruiting front, specifically the grad transfer market, mean IU knows they are right there (or hopefully getting him)???  

Ive always assumed there was very little chance, but silence lately hopefully is speaking volumes. 

I agree no...they are pocketing their scholarships and will have more to offer 20 and 21 recruits. Also a rumor they may offer Vijay Blackmon a scholly as he is said to be coming back. Seems Archie told him he should see more playing time...that doesn’t sound like a coach still looking for grad transfers or expecting more players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • KDB changed the title to Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...