Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Wade at LSU was just notified he's being subpoenaed for the hoops corruption trail.  I would think that would put the brakes on Watford's interest in going there.

This could get us back in the picture with him.

First Robert Kraft, now this.  Maybe Dakich will come down with laryngitis too. 

35 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I'm a duke fan second because of my girlfriend and her family and I don't know how they would have a spot for him especially since Matthew Hurt seems to be leaning towards Duke now.

2 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

I'm a duke fan second because of my girlfriend and her family and I don't know how they would have a spot for him especially since Matthew Hurt seems to be leaning towards Duke now.

They have 12 guys on scholarship. They’ll lose Vrankovic to graduation and Barrett, Williamson, Reddish, and Jones to the NBA. 

Current commits are Moore, Carey, and Ellis. That leaves 3 scholarship’s available. They have room. 

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

They have 12 guys on scholarship. They’ll lose Vrankovic to graduation and Barrett, Williamson, Reddish, and Jones to the NBA. 

Current commits are Moore, Carey, and Ellis. That leaves 3 scholarship’s available. They have room. 

Jones isn’t gonna be going to the draft in my opinion but you are right

I received a text yesterday from a number I did not recognized and asked if I wanted to talk Indiana basketball recruiting? Of course I said yes and expected it to be a member of HSN. I received a call a few minutes later and it was the guy that told me the Big Fish and lots of other info but it has always come through a mutual friend. He said I see that you post a lot of what I say so i am just going to come straight to you. 

Told us all to relax KB is still good. I posted what I was told about him in the KB thread. 

He said we have to go back to get full picture. Several months ago CAM reached out to a group of recruits and told them the time is now, or there may not be enough space for you. 1 week later AF was ours and Newman, Booknight and Ramsey were off looking for their school. KB and TJD were told that no matter when they wanted to commit, they had a spot. This was not given to Watford though. Throughout the whole process it has been a 4 man class and there was a time in which the staff felt positive the RL would return so that last spot needed to fill a need not a luxury.  CAM and staff have been doing a great job on the recruiting trail and parents are pleased because he is being honest and not telling everyone that they are a starter from day 1.  Things cooled between us and TW and a big reason is TW did not feel prioritized and wanted to be sure parents could see him play. At some point his parents and brother assured him that if he wanted to go to IU they would love it. They are not in any way pushing it on him, just not excluding it. AS chemistry issues have come along and imminent realization that RL is gone we may have plenty of spots and 1 may be a spot that TW could step into right away. In the mean time those other schools have made him a priority and promised things that they may or may not be able to deliver. Ed has taken a big role in this recruitment and has really won over the family and TW. In fact this guy believes that a month ago had we said TW has a starting spot next year he would have pulled the trigger. Recently he has been a big target for us and he have not closed the gap completely but we are for sure in the mix. The thought of KB, TJD and TW has been discussed and talked amongst them quite a bit. Distance is still a concern but will not be the determining factor. The recent LSU issue has raised even more concern. Memphis has a lot of tools that may help the NBA route but not sure if they offer anything else that will improve his game or put him in national spotlight.  Making the McDonalds team was big, not just becasue KB did not but some feel there was some concern on why KB had a spot and not TW if he were to wait. Staff did a great job of handling that issue. Recently Lester Quiones has said that he wanted to play with TW, no way that this is a package deal but it does help us if we may be losing a couple of guards on our current roster. (speculation) We have ramped up that recruitment a lot. He summed everything up with this. CAM is the right guy and it killing it on the recruiting trail with parents, players AAU coaches high school coaches etc... if TW comes for an official he is ours. The only way that he will is if it is to commit. Could happen on the visit. Feels that it would be hard to turn down Indiana after getting another up close look and he already knows how our fans are and what we all meant to his brother and wants to make the decision on what is best for him not an emotional pick. If we get him here that would be huge. 

This is all from 1 person and I have not heard this from anyone else. I feel that he has been right on everything he has told me so I wanted to share it with you. Some of this may be common knowledge but I wanted to include as much of the convo as possible.  Now we have to get him back to campus!!!!!

CoachSS Iuwins MIle, anyone that has info that this jives with or does not please share. I don't care about being right or wrong just want info. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I received a text yesterday from a number I did not recognized and asked if I wanted to talk Indiana basketball recruiting? Of course I said yes and expected it to be a member of HSN. I received a call a few minutes later and it was the guy that told me the Big Fish and lots of other info but it has always come through a mutual friend. He said I see that you post a lot of what I say so i am just going to come straight to you. 

Told us all to relax KB is still good. I posted what I was told about him in the KB thread. 

He said we have to go back to get full picture. Several months ago CAM reached out to a group of recruits and told them the time is now, or there may not be enough space for you. 1 week later AF was ours and Newman, Booknight and Ramsey were off looking for their school. KB and TJD were told that no matter when they wanted to commit, they had a spot. This was not given to Watford though. Throughout the whole process it has been a 4 man class and there was a time in which the staff felt positive the RL would return so that last spot needed to fill a need not a luxury.  CAM and staff have been doing a great job on the recruiting trail and parents are pleased because he is being honest and not telling everyone that they are a starter from day 1.  Things cooled between us and TW and a big reason is TW did not feel prioritized and wanted to be sure parents could see him play. At some point his parents and brother assured him that if he wanted to go to IU they would love it. They are not in any way pushing it on him, just not excluding it. AS chemistry issues have come along and imminent realization that RL is gone we may have plenty of spots and 1 may be a spot that TW could step into right away. In the mean time those other schools have made him a priority and promised things that they may or may not be able to deliver. Ed has taken a big role in this recruitment and has really won over the family and TW. In fact this guy believes that a month ago had we said TW has a starting spot next year he would have pulled the trigger. Recently he has been a big target for us and he have not closed the gap completely but we are for sure in the mix. The thought of KB, TJD and TW has been discussed and talked amongst them quite a bit. Distance is still a concern but will not be the determining factor. The recent LSU issue has raised even more concern. Memphis has a lot of tools that may help the NBA route but not sure if they offer anything else that will improve his game or put him in national spotlight.  Making the McDonalds team was big, not just becasue KB did not but some feel there was some concern on why KB had a spot and not TW if he were to wait. Staff did a great job of handling that issue. Recently Lester Quiones has said that he wanted to play with TW, no way that this is a package deal but it does help us if we may be losing a couple of guards on our current roster. (speculation) We have ramped up that recruitment a lot. He summed everything up with this. CAM is the right guy and it killing it on the recruiting trail with parents, players AAU coaches high school coaches etc... if TW comes for an official he is ours. The only way that he will is if it is to commit. Could happen on the visit. Feels that it would be hard to turn down Indiana after getting another up close look and he already knows how our fans are and what we all meant to his brother and wants to make the decision on what is best for him not an emotional pick. If we get him here that would be huge. 

This is all from 1 person and I have not heard this from anyone else. I feel that he has been right on everything he has told me so I wanted to share it with you. Some of this may be common knowledge but I wanted to include as much of the convo as possible.  Now we have to get him back to campus!!!!!

Thanks for the info, how about a quick weekend trip to see us against Sparty would be nice.  Get the crowd to start a "We want Trendon" chant and hopefully another W in the spotlight at AH.

Archived