Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

1 hour ago, IUDan93 said:

Any program would be nuts not to take a player like Christian Watford.  He was a class act and became a really good player for us.  I know Trendon is his own man, and is different player than his brother, but I have faith that he is coming from a family that has things right.  If you want good team chemistry you would be wrong to think that Trendon would be a huge asset. I wish he had been a priority from us all along, but maybe the "inside out" strategy by CAM made it hard to focus such attention on a kid from Alabama, but I think he is an Indiana kid who just happens to live in Alabama.  

Watford. Oladipo. Morgan. Davis. However many others. I don't give a toss what state they grew up in. They're Hoosiers.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

No. That was pre conference time

Here is my question though. Say IU lands Brooks, Watford, and one of Beverly or Quinones to go with Franklin and TJD. Would that plus getting rid of the cancers on the team give Romeo a reason to reconsider? I know it’s unlikely and IU would be in good hands regardless but that would be a championship caliber team imo. 

Davis, Durham, Langford, Hunter, Forrester, Phinisee, Anderson, TJD, Franklin, Brooks, Watford, and (Beverly or Quinones) or both which would be unlikely but that’s a crazy roster IMO and definitely a championship contender.

29 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Here is my question though. Say IU lands Brooks, Watford, and one of Beverly or Quinones to go with Franklin and TJD. Would that plus getting rid of the cancers on the team give Romeo a reason to reconsider? I know it’s unlikely and IU would be in good hands regardless but that would be a championship caliber team imo. 

Davis, Durham, Langford, Hunter, Forrester, Phinisee, Anderson, TJD, Franklin, Brooks, Watford, and (Beverly or Quinones) or both which would be unlikely but that’s a crazy roster IMO and definitely a championship contender.

Probably not, because his leaving would likely open up his scholarship for either Brooks, Watford, Beverly, or Quinones.

42 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I believe Romeo's decision rests entirely on where he projects in the NBA.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I agree that, at this point, I think he's gone.  He had a very close knit team at New Albany, and loved every minute of it.  I believe he expected the same at IU.  As we've seen, it's not turned out that way.  I'm hoping for a special run at the end of the season, not that I think it will bring him back, but I would like him to leave IU with some positive memories, and IU fans to have some positive memories of him.

Romeo is going to be like Eric Gordon for me when I see him on tv. Oh yeah that guy did play at IU. No one I will follow. Like every one and done.

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Romeo is going to be like Eric Gordon for me when I see him on tv. Oh yeah that guy did play at IU. No one I will follow. Like every one and done.

I will follow Romeo, pull for him because he pledged to stay home for his one year of college ball. 

For the record, Gordon is one of the more vocal supporters of IUBB on social media. Big difference between not wanting to become a one and done factory vs. supporting the few one and dones we have. 

10 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

I will follow Romeo, pull for him because he pledged to stay home for his one year of college ball. 

For the record, Gordon is one of the more vocal supporters of IUBB on social media. Big difference between not wanting to become a one and done factory vs. supporting the few one and dones we have. 

I have no beef recruiting one and dones...I just wont follow their careers. How many times has EG step foot in AH since leaving. maybe one? my memory is 0 but i'm old. Look at the game the other night. T.Bryant, OG and Jefferies sitting together. All 2 year players, but they are there.

5 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Well, poop. Hey, don’t get me wrong... I get it, but I’d rather him go to Bama or Memphis than see Duke slide in this late because they’re Duke. 

I won't underestimate K, because he's the best in the game.  But this is one situation where the "...because we're Duke" mystique won't hold as much weight (as much).  The Watfords are as grounded as they come.  If he ultimately goes to Duke, it'll be because he thinks it will be the best environment for him, nothing else. 

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

I won't underestimate K, because he's the best in the game.  But this is one situation where the "...because we're Duke" mystique won't hold as much weight (as much).  The Watfords are as grounded as they come.  If he ultimately goes to Duke, it'll be because he thinks it will be the best environment for him, nothing else. 

Duke is who they are...If Cal is a used car salesman what does that make K?

2 hours ago, Danomatic said:

Well, poop. Hey, don’t get me wrong... I get it, but I’d rather him go to Bama or Memphis than see Duke slide in this late because they’re Duke. 

I don’t see him going to Duke I mean they have Vernon Carey already committed who is going to take up a lot of the ball and Matthew Hurt is leaning that way and Wendell Moore already signed I just don’t see it happening I think K is just trying to keep his back up plan there

11 hours ago, Indykev said:

I have no beef recruiting one and dones...I just wont follow their careers. How many times has EG step foot in AH since leaving. maybe one? my memory is 0 but i'm old. Look at the game the other night. T.Bryant, OG and Jefferies sitting together. All 2 year players, but they are there.

I totally get where you're coming from.  I will probably follow Romeo a bit more than I otherwise would have because of him being a local kid for me.  But, if he wasn't, then yeah, the chances of me following him as a pro are greatly diminished due to the one and done.

Archived