Jump to content

Trivia


rico
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Duncan's cousin is a pretty accomplished guy himself. We were ATCers at Scott AFB together. He went to Officer Training School after he'd earned his college degree. Flew F-4 "Wild Weasels" during the Gulf War. Retired as a full bird colonel (very rare for prior enlisted to do). Now a Captain for United flying out of Newark. When he has simulator training here in Houston we always get together. 

I always tell him he's the second most famous guy from St Croix 😁

Thats awesome

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

He grew up in France but was born in another European country I can't remember. Mom was from Netherlands or Denmark maybe????

I think he was born in Belgium.  And I do believe is Mom is Dutch not a Dane.  Nevertheless, I really have no idea how they determined his nationality.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was the Scoreboard Stumper on the JumboTron at Great American Ballpark last night,

Who are the 4 active players to have played at least 15 seasons, with all of them being with the same franchise?

Hint:  One of them played in that game last night.

 

 

Edited by 5fouls
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This was the Scoreboard Stumper on the JumboTron at Great American Ballpark last night,

Who are the 4 active players to have played at least 15 seasons, with all of them being with the same franchise?

Hint:  One of them played in that game last night.

 

 

Tricky...

Votto has to be the one that played last night, but I think both Molina and Wainwright are on that list too...

For the 4th I'll guess Buster Posey...

Edited by IUFLA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Tricky...

Votto has to be the one that played last night, but I think both Molina and Wainwright are on that list too...

For the 4th I'll guess Buster Posey...

Molina and Wainwright are correct.  Buster Posey is not.

My son and I had to work for the last one as well, but we eventually got it,  

Edit:  And, of course, Votto was the correct answer for the one that played in that game last night,  

Edited by 5fouls
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Molina and Wainwright are correct.  Buster Posey is not.

My son and I had to work for the last one as well, but we eventually got it,  

Edit:  And, of course, Votto was the correct answer for the one that played in that game last night,  

It's 1 of 2 not sure which either Kershawn or Zimmerman.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

It's 1 of 2 not sure which either Kershawn or Zimmerman.

It's Zimmerman.  We went team by team in our guesses last night at the game and had settled on it possibly being Brett Gardner, but that just didn't feel right to me.  So, I refused to accept it.

Then my son said ;It could have been Ryan Zimmerman if he had not retied.  And, I said, "What?  Zimmerman isn't retired."  I just saw him on TV in a game a couple of weeks ago."  I hadn't thought of him the first time through the team by team  .   

 

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...