Jump to content

Injuries


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

I tore my ACL and meniscus when in the Navy.  It took dozens of appointments and months before they finally relented and did an MRI.  Nine months later, finally, a surgery happened.  18 mos after the injury, my leg gained enough strength to be 90% of the other leg.  Sadly, 23 years later, I still cannot run or participate in any 'footwork' sports.

That stinks. Sorry the Navy dropped the ball (but thank you for your service!)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Must be a medial meniscus and properly severe -- my oldest, when he was an elite soccer player, had two separate lateral meniscus tears and was back on the field from both after several weeks, but not months. A meniscus tear can be bad though, especially medial.

Doesn't matter so much medial or lateral, but completely depends on the severity of the tear and type of surgery performed. Have seen guys playing high level D1 football be back 2 weeks after surgery. 

For tonight, really hope Devonte and Zach can play. Tonight would be a rough game to make Rob P play 36+ minutes, or have Damezi as the first (only?) guard off the bench.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Shooter said:

Doesn't matter so much medial or lateral, but completely depends on the severity of the tear and type of surgery performed. Have seen guys playing high level D1 football be back 2 weeks after surgery. 

For tonight, really hope Devonte and Zach can play. Tonight would be a rough game to make Rob P play 36+ minutes, or have Damezi as the first (only?) guard off the bench.

No doctor here, but we had the best sports docs through the Houston Dynamo and we were always told a lateral tear would likely be less serious 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I understand your pain for sure. I am looking at double knee replacement just trying to get as many miles out of them as possible.  I was down so long with 1st ACL. now guys come back within the same season. Wonders of technology 

Had surgery about 13 years ago when I was 35 and was told if I was 50 I would need a knee replacement but was to young.  I really have no cartilage left in either knee and had to stop playing competitive basketball.  I had played church league for 17 years and usually played 2 to 3 nights a week but know I can't do ay of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Had surgery about 13 years ago when I was 35 and was told if I was 50 I would need a knee replacement but was to young.  I really have no cartilage left in either knee and had to stop playing competitive basketball.  I had played church league for 17 years and usually played 2 to 3 nights a week but know I can't do ay of that.

I am with u. I can hardly walk up steps 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

Concussions are tricky and affect people differently.  I’m sure he’ll be back when he’s ready.

Do players that have concussions travel via flight with the team for away games or do they stay back in Bloomington?  I was under the impression that it was recommended to not fly when you have a concussion.  Not sure if that is a true statement or not.  I cannot remember seeing Race on the bench for the Duke game(not dressed)..

Edited by dwtaylor1055
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Do players that have concussions travel via flight with the team for away games or do they stay back in Bloomington?  I was under the impression that it was recommended to not fly when you have a concussion.  Not sure if that is a true statement or not.  I cannot remember seeing Race on the bench for the Duke game(not dressed)..

Not sure about air travel specifically, but loud environments are not recommended. I would guess Cameron Indoor would qualify. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any insight what current concussion protocol is? I understand that its something taken much more seriously now. But I find it troubling that he had been out the this long and we still have no clear time line. That being said I'm glad they are being safe than sorry. Our players health and safety are what's most important. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any updates on Hunter?  It was good to see him in the sideline this last game, and he looked to be in good spirits (from the tv).  Is there a general consensus that he will be back at some point this year?  I would assume so since they haven’t announced a red shirt or anything, but then again, they might be playing the wait and see game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...