2 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Wait till we play a really good team on the road. Doesn’t have to be Duke. Top half of this conference on the road will expose our poor free throw shooting and lack of outside consistency.

Get out of here.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Time to give Justin smith some love.  Played a pretty good game today.  I thought his defense was good even though his man was scoring.  Sometimes good offense trumps good defense.  Hopefully this rai

Can we give Archie some praise? If another coach had won three straight games by 2 or less points we be talking about how well coached they are and how well they execute down the stretch. We win three

My big take away from this thread.... HSN has a lot of old members with bad hearts and drinking problems. Home sweet home!

Posted Images

I liked our approach on D.Archie had it's ready there. Louisville was #1 in the country in FTA/FGA. They get to the line and shoot very good from the line. Keeping them off was good. 

Obviously, things to improve on, but I'm focusing on positives. Loved DD,Smith, and Rob today. McRoberts with some good minutes too!

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Home court advantage is usually with about 8-10 points on its own. 

This team doesn't care whether it's home or road. It's going to be close and I'm going to worry wherever we play. So far, they make me smile at the end though. 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

Disagree.  I doubt they hit all those PRAYERS again.  And our defense will travel.

I bet if we played in the tournament we win.

And on that note....this team is figuring out how to win....this is a HUGE development.  2 points 2 points 1 point

Absolutely agree — lost the first half, battled for boards and second chance points and possession in the second and we’re up I think 7 in the closing 30 seconds or so, Vill fought for 3’s, but we CLOSED it out!

that is tourney level experience that will really help this team. That’s a winning team 

• Like 4

Also Justin Smith played much better today, was a big part of the win and what a lot of us thought we would see coming into the year.

Just thought I would give him credit where it's due. Also, we're going to need Davis to keep staying out of foul trouble going forward.

Edited by SIHoosier26
  • Like 3
35 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

A win is a win but still disappointed in our play.  Mack can flat out coach.

You can't ever say anything positive can you.  We played very well in the second half and won a big game against a good team,  We are 8-2 and have some good wins so why nt be happy with a win.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Justin got a big boost of confidence  today. DD getting healthy. Big time Rob. McRoberts starting to play well. Romeo and Juwan steady. Off day for Green and Durham. Great win happy with it. Going to be a tough out come March and April😉

Edited by loviubb
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You can't ever say anything positive can you.  We played very well in the second half and won a big game against a good team,  We are 8-2 and have some good wins so why nt be happy with a win.

Agree, 100%. Good post.

Edited by SIHoosier26

There are always gonna be "fun suckers" on these boards after a close win and even a blowout win. You really just have to look at all the positives and compare them with the negatives. I look at it this way...a huge positive that has been missing is Justin Smith's overall play, another positive was a reduction in team turnovers and the biggest positive is we WON THE GAME! We are not going to blow out alot of teams, especially in the BIG Ten. This conference is way too loaded. This was a huge nonconference win.....Louisville will be going to the NCAA tourney. 

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think Archie did a great job today. Louisville goes to the free throw line better than anyone and we did a great job defending without fouling. I haven’t seen the numbers, but seemed we did better on the boards in the second half. And while we lack shooters, Archie is doing a great job getting the team in positions to shoot at a high percentage. Really liked some our sets today. 

Free throw shooting kept us from pulling away late. 

• Like 8