Jump to content

Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To quote someone on the trip today...”Visit went very well!”  That was said with a huge smile on their face also.

I’m hearing next week is a real possibility, and I mean real.

All I’m going to say is the IU coaches are very and I mean very optimistic.....

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

We need to be fed substance in this thread...need some scoop

I'll add some substance. A team with RP.Al at point, Jerome at 2, TJD or Garcia at 3/4 along with Brunk at 5......with Justin, Damezi, Race, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo has big time feels written all over it. Hope the kid makes the right call. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll add some substance. A team with RP.Al at point, Jerome at 2, TJD or Garcia at 3/4 along with Brunk at 5......with Justin, Damezi, Race, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo has big time feels written all over it. Hope the kid makes the right call. 

Agreed best team we've had since Cody was here.  Probably deeper than that team too but obviously no one as good as Cody or Dipo.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll add some substance. A team with RP.Al at point, Jerome at 2, TJD or Garcia at 3/4 along with Brunk at 5......with Justin, Damezi, Race, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo has big time feels written all over it. Hope the kid makes the right call. 

And a coach that would know how to be a zone......🤷🏼‍♂️

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

And a coach that would know how to be a zone......🤷🏼‍♂️

That's always been a tough one with me. Jordy in a sling. Yogi undersized. Cody running the baseline but no one looking for him and no one flashing to middle of the paint at 14 feet to setup. Perfect storm of problems all around. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Agreed best team we've had since Cody was here.  Probably deeper than that team too but obviously no one as good as Cody or Dipo.

Wait better than Yogi, OG, TB, RoJo, Hartman, Ziesloft, Max B, Morgan, and William's? Zero chance.  

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Wait better than Yogi, OG, TB, RoJo, Hartman, Ziesloft, Max B, Morgan, and William's? Zero chance.  

Yes.  OG and Morgan weren't anywhere near what they would later become.  Justin will be just as good as Troy and Trayce as a sophomore will be better than Bryant as a frosh.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yes.  OG and Morgan weren't anywhere near what they would later become.  Justin will be just as good as Troy and Trayce as a sophomore will be better than Bryant as a frosh.  

Did you just forget that they won the big ten outright? Did you forget what OG did to Murray in the tourney? 

Smith can't hold Williams jock as of now. 

Jackson Davis I agree would be better. 

Yogi? Max B? Hartman?

Edited by btownqb
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, KDB said:

Saw it somewhere else, but.. Dawson's mom congratulated Trey's mom on his signing with IU on Facebook.

Somebody asked Trey's mom in the comments if her son thought that Dawson would pick Indiana.

Trey's mom said, "Not sure. But I have a wonderful feeling he will be a part of the Hoosier family!!!!" ... Dawson's mom liked the comment.

Thought I'd post that to get some positive vibes.. Come be a Hoosier, Dawson!!

Here we go 😉 a little something to ponder.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, KDB said:

Saw it somewhere else, but.. Dawson's mom congratulated Trey's mom on his signing with IU on Facebook.

Somebody asked Trey's mom in the comments if her son thought that Dawson would pick Indiana.

Trey's mom said, "Not sure. But I have a wonderful feeling he will be a part of the Hoosier family!!!!" ... Dawson's mom liked the comment.

Thought I'd post that to get some positive vibes.. Come be a Hoosier, Dawson!!

Moms + Facebook = serious 💩 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KDB said:

Saw it somewhere else, but.. Dawson's mom congratulated Trey's mom on his signing with IU on Facebook.

Somebody asked Trey's mom in the comments if her son thought that Dawson would pick Indiana.

Trey's mom said, "Not sure. But I have a wonderful feeling he will be a part of the Hoosier family!!!!" ... Dawson's mom liked the comment.

Thought I'd post that to get some positive vibes.. Come be a Hoosier, Dawson!!

If true. This is fantastic. If Dawson comes we can win a natty championship...no doubt. Come on Dawson!!!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Candystripes_56 said:

I'd have to say the x-factor would be Archie, by a wide margin

Remember last year when Iowa went to the zone. Now...I still think it took Archie too long to figure it out but even on a team with as little shooting as we have he put Fitzner in the middle (working the foul line area) and we started working the ball to him. He immediately hits a couple little 12-15 footers and makes a couple nice passes....boom...Iowa gets right out of it. Why we make it so difficult is beyond me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Remember last year when Iowa went to the zone. Now...I still think it took Archie too long to figure it out but even on a team with as little shooting as we have he put Fitzner in the middle (working the foul line area) and we started working the ball to him. He immediately hits a couple little 12-15 footers and makes a couple nice passes....boom...Iowa gets right out of it. Why we make it so difficult is beyond me.

Not to rehash the past but it still blows my mind how Crean didn't do something similar with Cody vs Syracuse. Cody could play mid-range. Yes, Boeheim is the undisputed master of the zone, but at least make him juggle a little bit.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Not to rehash the past but it still blows my mind how Crean didn't do something similar with Cody vs Syracuse. Cody could play mid-range. Yes, Boeheim is the undisputed master of the zone, but at least make him juggle a little bit.

Zeller was put at the foul line in that game, but he had zero confidence in his jump shot and refused to shoot it.  Remember, he got at least two charges and probably 3-5 shots blocked when he passes up the wide open foul line jumper for barreling into Cuse’s big men who were sagging off him. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • KDB changed the title to Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...