Transfer portal

NotIThatLives

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Jordan Brown from Nevada has put his name into  the transfer portal per ESPN.  He was a McDonalds All American and is 6"10 so that would be a big loss for Alford.

He is from California.......and he was a complete non-factor for the Wolf Pack this year.

9 minutes ago, rico said:

He is from California.......and he was a complete non-factor for the Wolf Pack this year.

They had like 6 seniors on that team.... could be a rough rebuild. No players returning with any experience but one.  And per above.... he's leaving now too

1 hour ago, twenty02 said:

They had like 6 seniors on that team.... could be a rough rebuild. No players returning with any experience but one.  And per above.... he's leaving now too

Well they did have a third one enter the portal.....but he never played a game for Nevada after transferring fro La Tech.  Now that Jazz Johnson I brought up averaged over 11 ppg.  Now he very well might follow Mussellman to UC as the the Bearcats do have a good squad returning.

13 hours ago, rico said:

Well they did have a third one enter the portal.....but he never played a game for Nevada after transferring fro La Tech.  Now that Jazz Johnson I brought up averaged over 11 ppg.  Now he very well might follow Mussellman to UC as the the Bearcats do have a good squad returning.

Mussellman is going to Arkansas not UC

17 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Count me in for those two!! 

If we strike out on everyone else why not? They’d have to sit out but that’d be a great to have them practice against the team for a year. I’m sure they’re looking to go together. Not sure how many schools have 2 available scholarships that they’d be interested in who don’t already have others line up for those openings 

5 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Virginia is the front runner for the Hausers.  Both shot above 40% from 3. Would love to have them. 

Yeah, I doubt IU gets involved, though I'm not sure why, but would be amazing to get them. Especially if Sam is a grad transfer. I could see making a run at them if Smith had transferred, but with Smith here, and add TJD and Thompson at the 4, it wouldn't make much sense for them. At UVA, Sam can slide right into Hunter's spot in the lineup, then Joey sits a year and slides into that spot when Sam leaves the following year. 

1 hour ago, Ib4IU said:

Hauser brothers from Marquette transferring

Per ESPN:

"Sam Hauser told ESPN that he and his brother are planning to go to the same school.

Sam Hauser will have to sit one year before playing his final season because he will not be a graduate transfer. Joey Hauser will have three years of eligibility after sitting out next season.

Sam, a 6-foot-8 junior, averaged 14.9 points and 7.2 rebounds this season. He shot 40.2 percent from 3-point range, marking the third season in a row he's made at least 40 percent of his 3-pointers.

Joey, a 6-foot-9 freshman, averaged 9.7 points and 5.3 rebounds per game in his first season at Marquette. He also shot 42.5 percent from 3."

3 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Per ESPN:

"Sam Hauser told ESPN that he and his brother are planning to go to the same school.

Sam Hauser will have to sit one year before playing his final season because he will not be a graduate transfer. Joey Hauser will have three years of eligibility after sitting out next season.

Sam, a 6-foot-8 junior, averaged 14.9 points and 7.2 rebounds this season. He shot 40.2 percent from 3-point range, marking the third season in a row he's made at least 40 percent of his 3-pointers.

Joey, a 6-foot-9 freshman, averaged 9.7 points and 5.3 rebounds per game in his first season at Marquette. He also shot 42.5 percent from 3."

Interesting. You already deplete the number of options when you're a package deal this late in the game, but I'd think that pool of available options gets even smaller when you're both sitting out next season. There can't be a lot of schools with two open schollys that they're willing to burn next season with no on-court impact. 

Just now, BGleas said:

Interesting. You already deplete the number of options when you're a package deal this late in the game, but I'd think that pool of available options gets even smaller when you're both sitting out next season. There can't be a lot of schools with two open schollys that they're willing to burn next season with no on-court impact. 

When you have 6-7 guys returning (even with early entrants) from a team that won the national championship and a coach with plenty of equity now saved up....you can do that move which is the reason it's all but a done deal to Virginia. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

When you have 6-7 guys returning (even with early entrants) from a team that won the national championship and a coach with plenty of equity now saved up....you can do that move which is the reason it's all but a done deal to Virginia. 

I get it for Virginia, though I might not be stoked if I'm Kyle Guy going into my senior season without Hunter and Guy and we add two guys that can't play. Was just saying in general that the pool of options for them wouldn't be incredibly large. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I get it for Virginia, though I might not be stoked if I'm Kyle Guy going into my senior season without Hunter and Guy and we add two guys that can't play. Was just saying in general that the pool of options for them wouldn't be incredibly large. 

At this point in the season, the odds of adding two guys that can play and make an impact are getting slim. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree all day. I was basically just typing my frustration that now Virginia can make one call and get 2 players like that. Apparently LSU can do the same. Starting to get nervous about recruiting this off season. Probably would be wise on my end to just hope that Al and Devonte are practicing 1000's of jumpers a day. 

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree all day. I was basically just typing my frustration that now Virginia can make one call and get 2 players like that. Apparently LSU can do the same. Starting to get nervous about recruiting this off season. Probably would be wise on my end to just hope that Al and Devonte are practicing 1000's of jumpers a day. 

I just do not get the feeling this off season is going to yield anything that will get me over excited for next season 

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I just do not get the feeling this off season is going to yield anything that will get me over excited for next season 

Next season has the potential to be worse than this year I think as much as I hate to say it

Archived