NBA Thread

2 hours ago, rico said:

Nice.  Even though he torched us, I always respected his game and how he handles hinseif.  I would like to see him do well.   I thought he was the best player in the league.  If he can defend in space he can be a good one.  

PS His twin hasn’t developed as quickly but I expect him to be really tough next year.  

4 hours ago, rico said:

I don't care if you have NBA all-star level talent...you beat on a woman, I have zero interest in having you on my team.

I can't believe how stoopid some of these guys are...all the money and success and they piss it away with an undisciplined ignorant decision like this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rico said:

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't want any trade where Westbrook comes to the Pacers

The package of players in these scenarios don't make much sense for the pacers.  Why send Heild and or Turner for a hot pile of trash and a 27 or 29 first rounder?  

Also, Lakers can't come off of those and still expect to get Kyrie later either.  Imo these scenerios are dumb and lazy click bait

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 1:08 PM, FKIM01 said:

I don't care if you have NBA all-star level talent...you beat on a woman, I have zero interest in having you on my team.

I can't believe how stoopid some of these guys are...all the money and success and they piss it away with an undisciplined ignorant decision like this.

Before all this happened I would have actually rather had Bridges then Ayton…but he is probably going to jail…and I hope a long time if it’s all true.

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

The package of players in these scenarios don't make much sense for the pacers.  Why send Heild and or Turner for a hot pile of trash and a 27 or 29 first rounder?  

Also, Lakers can't come off of those and still expect to get Kyrie later either.  Imo these scenerios are dumb and lazy click bait

Everyone wants to upgrade the Lakers to make them relevant….but agree there is zero incentive for Pacers to do those. I’d generally say 27 unprotected could be very valuable but knowing the Lakers even after Lebron and AD are gone they might just end up with cap space and sign the best free agents. We can do much better…I do want us to make moves though. No reason to not get something for our vets and allow us to go young…get them experience…and tank.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Everyone wants to upgrade the Lakers to make them relevant….but agree there is zero incentive for Pacers to do those. I’d generally say 27 unprotected could be very valuable but knowing the Lakers even after Lebron and AD are gone they might just end up with cap space and sign the best free agents. We can do much better…I do want us to make moves though. No reason to not get something for our vets and allow us to go young…get them experience…and tank.

Are the Pacers gonna be bad enough to have one of the five worst records?  I dunno but I hope they are entertaining to watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Are the Pacers gonna be bad enough to have one of the five worst records?  I dunno but I hope they are entertaining to watch.

There roster is one of the 5 worst…I think they will play up tempo so at least when they lose they will play more entertaining. I think at least the intrigue of watching the young guys grow will make it more entertaining then watching old guys suck.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

The reality is any deal would include a couple of picks and Horton Tucker. I get the picks are future picks but they still give them assets they could use in future deals. The more assets a team has the better. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The reality is any deal would include a couple of picks and Horton Tucker. I get the picks are future picks but they still give them assets they could use in future deals. The more assets a team has the better. 

I just don't see how the lakers can get kyrie if they give up a 1st to the pacers.  Really any team that takes Westbrook off their books should get the 2 future 1sts.  

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I just don't see how the lakers can get kyrie if they give up a 1st to the pacers.  Really any team that takes Westbrook off their books should get the 2 future 1sts.  

It had been reported around the draft that if the Lakers make a deal with the Pacers for Hield then they would be moving on from Kyrie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DC2345 said:

It had been reported around the draft that if the Lakers make a deal with the Pacers for Hield then they would be moving on from Kyrie.

Lakers issues are defensively…no matter what they do they are just too old and too slow. Heild would help balance the floor shooting and they would have to move Westbrook to the bench to have any chance at a playoff birth…but I just don’t see the team staying healthy and gelling to do anything special. Pelicans are sitting on a gold mine imo. Between Lakers and Bucks picks and young talent they have built up…they will be able to go out and trade for a championship caliber piece or will have drafted one by then. Very dangerous team in the coming years.

16 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Not sure what value THT has…he can’t shoot, not a great defender, and has a bad contract. I’m not giving up Heild for that. Plus he is a guard and does nothing to help our log jam at the 2. Pacers need a legit long athletic 6’7-6’9 wing. How we find them is anyones guess.

Edited by dgambill

If we are talking trade returns id love to target Patrick Williams in Chicago. If we were to send say Myles to Chicago that would be nice. (Maybe throw in Boston pick) They seem to be in a win now window. Move for a guy like Moody in GS. Toronto needs a center so Anunoby (who finds himself in a crowded wing with the addition of Otto Porter on top of Barnes and Siakam) for Myles…would make sense. Or maybe Myles to Pelicans for Murphy (Hayes and Nance as salary fillers). Shooting is always a premium so I think moving Heild either this year or next for a bad contract with a contender and a draft pick will be easy…but getting value for Turner now is really important since he will be a free agent. Gotta target a team that is playoff ready that can use a rim protector now.

Edited by dgambill

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Not sure what value THT has…he can’t shoot, not a great defender, and has a bad contract. I’m not giving up Heild for that. Plus he is a guard and does nothing to help our log jam at the 2. Pacers need a legit long athletic 6’7-6’9 wing. How we find them is anyones guess.

He’s 21. He’s shown flashes and with his wingspan could develop into a good wing defender. He also played at Iowa State with Haliburton. He’s got upside to try and develop this year when you aren’t looking to compete.

On 7/22/2022 at 1:47 PM, DC2345 said:

Bob Kravitz said today that the Pacers and Lakers talks have died down again. If the Lakers decide to add a second first round pick then the deal would likely get done. 

I am bit skeptical of this trade to be honest. If the trade improves the Lakers as much as they assume/anticipate, the Lakers 1st round pick(s) would be pretty low. There's got to be something else preventing the trade or the Lakers interest isn't has high as the rumors suggest. But I suppose the Lakers could be worried about starting a complete rebuild with ZERO first round picks, I am pretty sure the most recent one they still own is 2026. I don't really see the Pacers sticking with this one. They could get lower 1st rounders from other teams without taking on a huge contract. 

Edited by OGIUAndy

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

It's enabled by the administration, the coaches, and everyone on down. I've brought it up to their fans and none of them ever seem to care, it's honestly puzzling. 

Makes me proud to watch Cody, Vic, Anunoby, Yogi, Thomas Bryant, Juwan Morgan etc.

Wish we had more sustained success. But in hindsight, Tom Crean really brought in some major character guys to Bloomimgton, and into to the NBA.

• Like 7