Jump to content

Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue


KDB
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, HoosierDom said:

I don't understand the train of thought some people are on here. It's certainly possible the purdue info is flat wrong or being oversold, but how does it make sense for Painter to feed false information to "experts"? How does he possibly benefit from creating the false idea that he will get Kaufman?

I think it's far more likely Painter is being vague as opposed to misleading. Saying he "feels good about it" doesn't mean he thinks he's getting Kaufman. It could mean he and his staff feel they've made their pitch to the best of their abilities and will have no regrets if he doesn't choose them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This below is from CosmicKid at PU rivals non VIP chat recently.  

 

Peegs actually revised it during the chat last night, based on phone calls and events that happened throughout the day yesterday. Rabs did interview TK yesterday, and after a day of talking to people very close to the situation determined that the only people who knew the answer were Trey and his mom, and that was not where the pro-Purdue chatter was emanating from...

Rabs put his odds at IU 50 and PU 40, with UVA 8 and UNC 2. He said that he's pretty sure Trey has known his decision for about a week and told no one, and he seems very happy with his choice. I know that KC has a different take, which may be due to the push from his Uncle (Matt Renn). People on Peegs who have direct connections to the SC team say that none of the players/coaches know

Snow did post yesterday that a source who had been convinced it was Purdue texted him yesterday to say he now felt IU, but Snow also said he (Snow) really didn't know. I know the Snow post was reported on KC yesterday, and no doubt the chat info found its way there as well. So it would be interesting to see the result when the 2 opinions clash because Brian has been adamant he's going to be a Boiler.

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

This below is from CosmicKid at PU rivals non VIP chat recently.  

 

Peegs actually revised it during the chat last night, based on phone calls and events that happened throughout the day yesterday. Rabs did interview TK yesterday, and after a day of talking to people very close to the situation determined that the only people who knew the answer were Trey and his mom, and that was not where the pro-Purdue chatter was emanating from...

Rabs put his odds at IU 50 and PU 40, with UVA 8 and UNC 2. He said that he's pretty sure Trey has known his decision for about a week and told no one, and he seems very happy with his choice. I know that KC has a different take, which may be due to the push from his Uncle (Matt Renn). People on Peegs who have direct connections to the SC team say that none of the players/coaches know

Snow did post yesterday that a source who had been convinced it was Purdue texted him yesterday to say he now felt IU, but Snow also said he (Snow) really didn't know. I know the Snow post was reported on KC yesterday, and no doubt the chat info found its way there as well. So it would be interesting to see the result when the 2 opinions clash because Brian has been adamant he's going to be a Boiler.

 

Sorry, dumb question, but what is KC?  Not sure I’m familiar. Trying to get context on what the push was from his Uncle Matt?  Meaning, Matt is/was pushing for him to pick Purdue?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know we shouldn’t rely on crystal ball picks because for the most part they are just guessing, and I like to listen to our insiders here versus the crystal ball pick. With that being said Peegs switching to a high confidence pick seems somewhat significant. I don’t know how long the crystal ball has been around, but out of the whole time Peegs has only done a pick 11 times. It appears he only picks when he knows he is going to be right. All that being said trey could easily pick Purdue. I hope he doesn’t but he could. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rabby chose his words yesterday very carefully. I don't think anyone knows 100% other than Trey. I think that those close to each program feel pretty good about where they stand. The people that I talk to have connected a lot of dots of what they feel is valuable info and feel that its IU. 

Regardless of where this very talented young man ends up I am impressed with him as a player, student and person and would love to have him as a Hoosier. Also impressed he has been able to have no real leaks. Hope he gets his moment to share his decision and not get it ruined by someone looking to break a story. I LOVE where we stand

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, hoosierfan34 said:

Lol, that’s its name?  Interesting choice. So what’s the stuff about his Uncle Matt?  Was he pushing Trey to PU?

It stems from back when Joe Tiller was our coach. He referred to Purdue message board members as knuckleheads and it stuck. 
 

With his uncle, it seems like he’s a big fan of CMP and Painter is close with Greg Lansing who I’m sure put in a good word with Trey’s uncle too. That’s all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

With his uncle, it seems like he’s a big fan of CMP and Painter is close with Greg Lansing who I’m sure put in a good word with Trey’s uncle too. That’s all. 

That information puts a new twist on the supposed 'Can't make everyone happy' statement.   

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was kind of afraid his Uncle Matt would push for Purdue. Not sure how much weight that holds in the decision, but we’ll see. I know Matt wanted to go to IU when Bobby Knight started to give him a look. Of course, Matt had the worst game of his HS career when Knight came to Silver Creek and eventually passed on him. So, in college Matt played against and beat IU a couple times as a big F-U, so it probably makes sense that he’s not pushing for IU. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Family is playing this super close to the chest. 

 

I had "intel" a few months ago that he was CLOSE to choosing IU then, that was when the "Imminentgate" conundrum began. Imminent obviously turned into lets check out this other school that showed up (UNC). 

Beyond that anything I am hearing from anyone is just a gut feeling. 30th will be spooky!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, btroesch14 said:

The chatter that Kaufman is going to Purdue is coming from Painter. He hasn’t told any coache

Like smeone else said that Matt probably told gthe reporters he feels good about getting Trey.  He probably said that they put a good effort in this recruitment and feels they did th ebest that they could.  This is probably what every coaching staff thinks and now it is up to trey to decide what is best for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Like smeone else said that Matt probably told gthe reporters he feels good about getting Trey.  He probably said that they put a good effort in this recruitment and feels they did th ebest that they could.  This is probably what every coaching staff thinks and now it is up to trey to decide what is best for him.

Brian wouldn’t post what he did with only that level of information tbh. He rarely sticks his neck out like that. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

And you know he’s being used by coaching staffs how?

The chatter that Kaufman is going to Purdue is coming from Painter. Trey hasn’t told any coaches of his decision. The only two people that know where Trey is going is him and his mom. Maybe his uncle. 

If maybe only 3 people know where Kaufman is going, where is the Purdue chatter coming from?

It’s surely not one of his family members spoiling the announcement   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Family is playing this super close to the chest. 

 

I had "intel" a few months ago that he was CLOSE to choosing IU then, that was when the "Imminentgate" conundrum began. Imminent obviously turned into lets check out this other school that showed up (UNC). 

Beyond that anything I am hearing from anyone is just a gut feeling. 30th will be spooky!

Ah, "Imminentgate".   Good times, good times.    😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • KDB changed the title to Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...