Jump to content

Jalen Washington (2022) Commits to North Carolina


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, dgambill said:

Gary huh...going to be tough to get him down here in Bloomington. Imagine we don’t have a lot of recruits from there. Kid definitively sounds like he will be special.

My 5 seconds of research came up with 2 names. Randy Williams and Leroy Gamble. Both on the 1958-59 team. 2 players from Gary in 60 years. Haha.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My 5 seconds of research came up with 2 names. Randy Williams and Leroy Gamble. Both on the 1958-59 team. 2 players from Gary in 60 years. Haha.

Who knows...maybe he'd be happy to be further away from the stench in West Lafayette.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Despite the season ending injury, I see that CBS/247 currently has Jalen ranked #9 overall in the nation. Number four in the nation for his position. And number one overall in Indiana.

You are aware he also missed a number of games in the previous season because of a shoulder injury (I think that's what it was)?  Hard for me to accept that a kid who's missed more games than he's played in his last 2 high school seasons and couldn't demonstrate how he's recovered from a knee injury in an AAU season (if he could have even played) can still be that highly ranked.  Call me skeptical that these raters really are all that tuned in.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

You are aware he also missed a number of games in the previous season because of a shoulder injury (I think that's what it was)?  Hard for me to accept that a kid who's missed more games than he's played in his last 2 high school seasons and couldn't demonstrate how he's recovered from a knee injury in an AAU season (if he could have even played) can still be that highly ranked.  Call me skeptical that these raters really are all that tuned in.  

Yes. I am aware that Jalen missed most of his Freshman year due to a shoulder injury. I'm from Gary. And tend to follow kids from my home town. 

One of two things.  Either Jalen is super talented.  Or the ratings guru's are super incompetent.  I will go with the former. Just because.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

You are aware he also missed a number of games in the previous season because of a shoulder injury (I think that's what it was)?  Hard for me to accept that a kid who's missed more games than he's played in his last 2 high school seasons and couldn't demonstrate how he's recovered from a knee injury in an AAU season (if he could have even played) can still be that highly ranked.  Call me skeptical that these raters really are all that tuned in.  

I would bet the raters are going off who had interest in him and his offers then his actual game....which is really good when he was on the floor. Not sure how many Gary kids we’ve gotten over the years so I’ll just follow this one with mild expectations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I would bet the raters are going off who had interest in him and his offers then his actual game....which is really good when he was on the floor. Not sure how many Gary kids we’ve gotten over the years so I’ll just follow this one with mild expectations.

Dollars to a donut.  Based on past experience.  Jalen will wind up being a Boiler. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Is he a 3 or a 4, for those who have seen him play?   Also, does anyone recall the year the NBA is projected to dispense with the one and done rule?  

Maybe next year but still not voted on. If they are giving out 500,000 for the g league they may stick with that.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Is he a 3 or a 4, for those who have seen him play?   Also, does anyone recall the year the NBA is projected to dispense with the one and done rule?  

When Adam Silver talked about it, he said he expected it to be changed before the '22 draft. This was last year or '18.

Edited by go_iu_bb
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • KDB changed the title to Jalen Washington (2022) Commits to North Carolina

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...