Jump to content

Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hearing two things. 1) Mohammed COULD go past Dec. 15. 2). A three point shooting transfer  has come into the picture.  Muhammed goes elsewhere.... this guy is looking to enroll early.  And

Jeff Ermann, Maryland Insider, put in a Crystal Ball pick for IU early this morning.  Would love to see Aminu commit before school starts.  

Caught up with Aminu's guardian last night.  Here is the latest with him. https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-indiana-making-2021-five-star-guard-aminu-mohammed-a-high-pri

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, madmax said:

Don't feel like digging through 62 pages.. Can someone remind me why there was concern over him coming here? I seem to remember speculation that this was a recruitment that we might want to avoid... No idea if there is any credibility to it

Hard to say. Most point to his guardian is very very involved. People don’t like vocal handlers...and sometimes for good reason. Second he mentioned g league...and Nba so his goals are OAD mentality. Third many wonder why being a top 15 kid no major offers (Duke, UK, Kansas, UNC etc) weird blue bloods aren’t sniffing and that usually signals something. 
I think many worry he will be only interested in his minutes/role and not team basketball. Many don’t like OAD/NBA focused kids. He plays both ends of the floor, talks team all the time, and has a super high motor. Lots to like about his game (college ready body) but lots of questions around his motives and his guardian. Hope that helps.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Hard to say. Most point to his guardian is very very involved. People don’t like vocal handlers...and sometimes for good reason. Second he mentioned g league...and Nba so his goals are OAD mentality. Third many wonder why being a top 15 kid no major offers (Duke, UK, Kansas, UNC etc) weird blue bloods aren’t sniffing and that usually signals something. 
I think many worry he will be only interested in his minutes/role and not team basketball. Many don’t like OAD/NBA focused kids. He plays both ends of the floor, talks team all the time, and has a super high motor. Lots to like about his game (college ready body) but lots of questions around his motives and his guardian. Hope that helps.

Very helpful, thank you!

Obviously we need help with this class, but if this is another Noah Vonleh type situation I think I would rather pass. Just seems to sort of contradict the culture/type of team CAM has been trying to build so far.

Edited by madmax
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dart said:

Kids can both want to shine & make the NBA and not be selfish players. No reason we should be passing on him. He is an intelligent kid and if he is good enough to be a OAD, good for him.

Agreed...everything on the court points to a kid that wants to win first and foremost and plays basketball the right way. Stuffs the stat sheet but not just points. Rebounds extremely well for a guard, plays defense, willing passer. He is just a physical specimen and he finishes through contact. He is like Armaan but bigger with more explosion and better finisher. But he does all those things Armaan does. Better shooter too but has work to do there. So if people like Armaan they should like this kid too. He is like the upgraded version. Hard to speak to his motives and aspirations but I think they are clear. I’ll work my butt off and want to be the best I can because I want to make it in the nba. He has a tenacious work ethic so I believe he will make it. Like you said...nothing wrong with that. I don’t think this kid will be a problem. His vocal guardian might be my only concern.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dart said:

Kids can both want to shine & make the NBA and not be selfish players. No reason we should be passing on him. He is an intelligent kid and if he is good enough to be a OAD, good for him.

Good post. Totally agree.  Somehow when I read your post.... Noah Vonleh came to mind.  And not in a positive way.

Oh..the only gripe I would have.... is....I hate OAD's. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I hope Muhammad is seeing KSU getting beat by 18 to Fort Hays St

FHS won by 13 at KSU, without their head coach and associate head coach, who were out due to COVID.

Perhaps KSU should have played without their head coach

"This was very, very disappointing and sad for our program," K-State coach Bruce Weber said.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30481385/division-ii-fort-hays-state-stuns-kansas-state-two-key-members-coaching-staff

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Fort Hays State -- a school of 15,908 students in Hays, Kansas -- became the first non-Division I program to beat a major-conference team on the road since Texas A&M Corpus Christi topped Texas Tech on Dec. 18, 2000, in Lubbock, Texas.

To paraphrase Bruce Weber from 2009, “The league should be wide open, ,” Weber said. “I do know one thing, though. I think Kansas State will suck.”

https://www.idsnews.com/article/2009/01/weber-indiana-will-suck

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Good post. Totally agree.  Somehow when I read your post.... Noah Vonleh came to mind.  And not in a positive way.

Oh..the only gripe I would have.... is....I hate OAD's. 

Yes!  If you are a top 15 out of high school, you are being watched by scouts and already on draft boards.  You can be Edwards, and show the ability in high school and in college and go number one.  There was nothing in college, besides not stinking, that made him #1.  Then you have Kentucky players who make the league and are coming of the bench.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dart said:

Kids can both want to shine & make the NBA and not be selfish players. No reason we should be passing on him. He is an intelligent kid and if he is good enough to be a OAD, good for him.

 

 

Eric Gordon's wrist and OG's knee "like" this post..........................

 

😜

 

 

McHoop

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

FHS won by 13 at KSU, without their head coach and associate head coach, who were out due to COVID.

Perhaps KSU should have played without their head coach

"This was very, very disappointing and sad for our program," K-State coach Bruce Weber said.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30481385/division-ii-fort-hays-state-stuns-kansas-state-two-key-members-coaching-staff

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Fort Hays State -- a school of 15,908 students in Hays, Kansas -- became the first non-Division I program to beat a major-conference team on the road since Texas A&M Corpus Christi topped Texas Tech on Dec. 18, 2000, in Lubbock, Texas.

To paraphrase Bruce Weber from 2009, “The league should be wide open, ,” Weber said. “I do know one thing, though. I think Kansas State will suck.”

https://www.idsnews.com/article/2009/01/weber-indiana-will-suck

I'm telling you, he just needs to break out the "Fist Speech" and K-State would start rolling. Seriously though, my son and i were laughing our asses off when we saw the score. You suck Bruce Weber.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ebridges24 said:

I'm telling you, he just needs to break out the "Fist Speech" and K-State would start rolling. Seriously though, my son and i were laughing our asses off when we saw the score. You suck Bruce Weber.

I've got two words for Bruce Weber :

Suck this :

Kansas State Basketball | Bruce Weber Postgame Press Conference | Fort Hays State 81, K-State 68 

Edited by milehiiu
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I heard a lot of excuses - they're young, COVID, etc. He also felt like he had to mention the positives on his resume. 90% was on the players, only when pressed by reporters did he accept responsibility.

Hey Aminu, Weber basically said he doesn't know how to coach young players.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I heard a lot of excuses - they're young, COVID, etc. He also felt like he had to mention the positives on his resume. 90% was on the players, only when pressed by reporters did he accept responsibility.

Hey Aminu, Weber basically said he doesn't know how to coach young players.

Bam has not changed over the years. Always an excuse.

Edited by milehiiu
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I heard a lot of excuses - they're young, COVID, etc. He also felt like he had to mention the positives on his resume. 90% was on the players, only when pressed by reporters did he accept responsibility.

Hey Aminu, Weber basically said he doesn't know how to coach young players.

It's really hard to believe KState is a serious contender here...even before the latest debacle.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We need an alpha at guard.  Aminu appears to fit that role.  We need him to come in looking to score.  We need someone capable of creating his own shot, putting up 15+ shots per game, scoring upper teens from the guard position.  And no, that's not too much to ask - top teams have those guards.  

And even if Aminu is OAD it means 2 very good things for IU - 1) we probably had a decent year and 2) Archie's offense is capable of translating a scoring guard into the NBA draft.  Future recruits would be watching. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Our guard play has been so pedestrian, Aminu could come in and get big minutes day one. 

I think that is putting it kindly.  Our offensive guard play appears to be near the bottom of the Big 10.  Defensively they are solid, but they aren't going to shut down the talented Big 10 guards. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • KDB changed the title to Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...