Best of each State lists for foodies, and other food lists!

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

And now the most Iconic food from every state, I actually think they did a pretty good job with this list.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/the-most-iconic-food-in-every-state/ss-BBVFkmO?ocid=spartandhp

I thought they did a good job, but 2 I didn't agree with...NJ pork roll over sub sandwiches (tell that one to anyone who's ever been to White House Subs) and choosing chicken fried steak over brisket for Texas...uh, no...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

When do you eat this one? After you've smoked some crack?

Screenshot_20191007-184416_Chrome.jpg

When the Marion Berries are in season!😁

How about the Kansas "Sour Cream and Raisin Pie"? They must have an aged population that needs the "movement" enhancement!

Edited by Drroogh

20 hours ago, IUFLA said:

When do you eat this one? After you've smoked some crack?

Screenshot_20191007-184416_Chrome.jpg

A) I laughed way harder than I should have at this.  Well done. 

B) Can't help but think of Chris Rock's riff on Marion Barry.  "Smoked crack, got his job back.  Who was he running against? What was the other guy on....heroin? *slurred speech* Vote for me! Vote for me! Don't vote for crack, vote for smack!"

20 hours ago, Drroogh said:

And now the most Iconic food from every state, I actually think they did a pretty good job with this list.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/the-most-iconic-food-in-every-state/ss-BBVFkmO?ocid=spartandhp

Thanks for the link.  I believe they nailed it for Indiana.

However, as much as I like Pueblo Chili's.  For me.  The most iconic Colorado food are the Rocky Mountain Oysters.

Where to Eat Rocky Mountain Oysters, a Classic Colorado Dish 

50 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

A) I laughed way harder than I should have at this.  Well done. 

B) Can't help but think of Chris Rock's riff on Marion Barry.  "Smoked crack, got his job back.  Who was he running against? What was the other guy on....heroin? *slurred speech* Vote for me! Vote for me! Don't vote for crack, vote for smack!"

" You can't get caught smoking crack at McDonalds and get your job back!"

Now the most "Famous" resteraunt in each State. This list seems to be rather subjective as the criteria for being on the list seems to change. Is it because of the A-listers, because it is associated with a movie, frequented by traveling Food Shows, because it's unchanged for several decades? Anyway, enjoy!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/the-most-famous-restaurant-in-every-state/ss-AAIbaj5?ocid=spartandhp#image=1

15 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Now the most "Famous" resteraunt in each State. This list seems to be rather subjective as the criteria for being on the list seems to change. Is it because of the A-listers, because it is associated with a movie, frequented by traveling Food Shows, because it's unchanged for several decades? Anyway, enjoy!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/the-most-famous-restaurant-in-every-state/ss-AAIbaj5?ocid=spartandhp#image=1

Wow.  They really missed the boat on Colorado.  While Biker Jim's is good for dogs, there are a couple of other places in metro Denver as good or better.

Had they listed either of these two, I could not argue with them :

1. The oldest restaurant in Colorado :

Welcome to the Buckhorn Exchange

2. And overlooking Red Rocks and the city of Denver.  A replica of the old fort in South East Colorado.

The Fort Restaurant – New Foods of the Old West

Thanks for starting this thread, and all the updated links.  I have enjoyed it.

Edited by milehiiu

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Wow.  They really missed the boat on Colorado.  While Biker Jim's is good for dogs, there are a couple of other places in metro Denver as good or better.

Had they listed either of these two, I could not argue with them :

1. The oldest restaurant in Colorado :

Welcome to the Buckhorn Exchange

2. And overlooking Red Rocks and the city of Denver.  A replica of the old fort in South East Colorado.

The Fort Restaurant – New Foods of the Old West

Remember the criteria is Most Famous and most likely from the perception of someone not from the area!! Like I said seems subjective?

38 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Remember the criteria is Most Famous and most likely from the perception of someone not from the area!! Like I said seems subjective?

Appreciate it.  However, have to say that the Fort was started by a world famous chef, who's daughter now owns and runs it.  The Buckhorn Exchange has hosted Presidents.  Teddy Roosevelt made a special trip there, just to eat.Bill Clinton hosted World leaders at the Buckhorn, when he was President.   Biker Jim started out with a cart on the 16th Street Mall in Denver. He is a really nice guy, But...  Still have to say, they missed the boat. 

Edited by milehiiu

Yeah, I'd disagree on KY/OH too. Greyhound Tavern is well known locally, but it's not exactly top of mind. I'd have gone with the dining room at the Brown Hotel.

And I can come up with several OH restaurants better known than Golden Lion: Lola, Bar Symon, The Precinct, Orchids at Palm Court....

Edit: And in all honesty, the most famous restaurant in Kentucky is the first KFC location.

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Yeah, I'd disagree on KY/OH too. Greyhound Tavern is well known locally, but it's not exactly top of mind. I'd have gone with the dining room at the Brown Hotel.

And I can come up with several OH restaurants better known than Golden Lion: Lola, Bar Symon, The Precinct, Orchids at Palm Court....

Edit: And in all honesty, the most famous restaurant in Kentucky is the first KFC location.

The Brown Hotel.  Home of the Hot Brown sandwich.  

41 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

OK mile, maybe you will agree with this Colorado choice.😀 I have my doubts though as it is a bit different from all of the other states.

'Best regional fast food chain in each state'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/the-best-regional-fast-food-chain-in-your-state/ss-BBPgOnB?ocid=spartanntp

Texas-Whataburger ✓

Wawa-Pennsylvania✓

Jersey Mikes-Jersey✓

Skyline Chili-Ohio✓

Culvers-Wisconsin✓ (although the cheese curds are probably soggy and salty today after the whuppin The Whinin Illini put on old Bucky)

Yeah, that's the best list they've had yet. I've eaten at probably half of them. Good stuff...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Texas-Whataburger ✓

Wawa-Pennsylvania✓

Jersey Mikes-Jersey✓

Skyline Chili-Ohio✓

Culvers-Wisconsin✓ (although the cheese curds are probably soggy and salty today after the whuppin The Whinin Illini put on old Bucky)

Yeah, that's the best list they've had yet. I've eaten at probably half of them. Good stuff...

And sadly even with this list I have never eaten at any of the resteraunt' s on ANY of these lists. Was supposed to go with some of the team at work to one of Georgia's Waffle House's a month ago, but it was closed for remodeling!😓

And what was with that Wisconsin Illinois game?

Edited by Drroogh

"And sadly even with this list I have never eaten at any of the resteraunt' s on ANY of these lists."

I think I should clarify though I have never eaten at any of the resteraunt s on any of these lists, it's not like I've NOT eaten at some great places! There's a Sushi place in the city where I work I've eaten at that is known for Marvel Actor's frequenting as the Pinewood Studios are only 11 miles away. Have to say the best Sushi I have ever had and it's not even close! I've had Sturgeon at a resteraunt in Santa Monica! One of my most memorable, enjoyable and epic meals was at an open air thatched roof resteraunt in Thailand! 

Edited by Drroogh

13 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Seafood one of my favorites! Admittedly have not been through the list yet, it was a12 hour day today!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/the-best-seafood-restaurant-in-all-50-states/ss-AACkb8L?ocid=spartandhp

Been to the Anchorage in Somers Point, NJ, and while it's good, Charlie's Bar and Restaurant is nearby with some of the best buffalo wings ever...And I'll pick wings over seafood every time.

And 30 years ago, Pennsylvania would have been Old Bookbinders, hands down. Sadly, it went bankrupt after the original owner died and his kids tried to renovate it and ran it into the ground.

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

Hooray! Hooray! FINALLY I've had one of the delicacies in the state credited for it!!! Had Blueberry Pie in Maine, just this summer.  Very Tasty! 😋

Best desserts in each state with the recipes!

https://www.food.com/ideas/top-desserts-in-every-state-6517#c-464287

By the way if you scroll further down there is a list of best boozy deserts! :cheers:

Edited by Drroogh
  • Thanks 1