PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

45 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Judge says no to the three LIVies regarding FedEx Cup...and rejects their bid to play.  Judge said the argument for emergency relief was of "their own making".  She also told LIV the earliest date for the antitrust lawsuit is September 2023...and if that won't work then it will be 2025.

I'm liking this judge.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I'm liking this judge.  

I'm all for the strategy for this case to end up in front of her. I'm also for the guys who want to go make their money....but I also think the best strategy for the LIV guys right now is to say I just wanted to go make $ on the comedy hour. In a weird way that might make their case help.

Either way. LIV might want to choose a different path of legal action. This course got laughed out of court. 

Back to the tour though. This week at Memphis.....Hovland, Hovland, Hovland........mix in Stallings, Riley, and Rai for the cheap. Pepper in a Zalatoris w/Billy H and you will be profitable. Kim's too.

PGA TOUR Commissioner Jay Monahan resigns.  Will accept $100 million to become LIV Commissioner.

"Upon careful consideration, I've decided the Saudi money is better than the near-poverty $4 million I made from the cheapo PGA.  Also, suddenly, they are a wonderful country.  Deeply misunderstood.  We will march into the future together.  As long as their money keeps coming my way."

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Judge says no to the three LIVies regarding FedEx Cup...and rejects their bid to play.  Judge said the argument for emergency relief was of "their own making".  She also told LIV the earliest date for the antitrust lawsuit is September 2023...and if that won't work then it will be 2025.

She also said she had major concerns over the Tours strong arm tactics. Anyones guess at what she'll come up with. In the mean time, LIV with take some more of the best players and cause the Tour to lose sponsors. And take golf to countries starving to see it, while the Tour plays in Jackson,MS and Moline,Il.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Indykev said:

She also said she had major concerns over the Tours strong arm tactics. Anyones guess at what she'll come up with. In the mean time, LIV with take some more of the best players and cause the Tour to lose sponsors. And take golf to countries starving to see it, while the Tour plays in Jackson,MS and Moline,Il.

I could be totally wrong, but I just see the LIV approach being a tough sell to the average golf fan.  And, if the average golf fans are not watching it on tv, how sustainable is it.

That said, I'm all about free enterprise.  But, suing an organization you left on your own accord in an effort to force them to allow you to come back on a part-time basis on your terms?  

I just cant get my head wrapped around that piece of this story.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I could be totally wrong, but I just see the LIV approach being a tough sell to the average golf fan.  And, if the average golf fans are not watching it on tv, how sustainable is it.

That said, I'm all about free enterprise.  But, suing an organization you left on your own accord in an effort to force them to allow you to come back on a part-time basis on your terms?  

I just cant get my head wrapped around that piece of this story.

Players have been allowed to play where ever they wanted. Until LIV came along is the problem I have with the Tour and how they treat people but thats another story. I'm a person who was allowed to retire at 50 because of the Tour saying it. Hell Rory could win the FedEx cup and the Race to Dubai because he is allowed to play both. I love Greg Norman for how he treated my mom, but I also saw how the tour screwed him over for years and I hope he buries them in the end. LIV will have a TV deal soon.

• Like 1

Cameron Young is world #17 and will reportedly go to LIV after the playoffs. Norman has publicly stated that they’ve turned down top 50 in the world golfers so guessing there will be plenty of more ‘bigger’ names to come in the weeks ahead.

Its going to be stunning when all are announced. This one shocked even me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Cameron Young is world #17 and will reportedly go to LIV after the playoffs. Norman has publicly stated that they’ve turned down top 50 in the world golfers so guessing there will be plenty of more ‘bigger’ names to come in the weeks ahead.

BREAKING: The Times is reporting Cameron Young will be joining #LIVGolf after FedEx Cup playoffs. Young is the 17th ranked golfer in the world and currently in the top 10 of the FedEx Cup standings.

LIV have their 48 signed players for next season and we believe there’s about 30 known players with contracts, the rest are yet to be announced. Due to NDAs, there will be some inevitable surprises. The “freight train after the FedEx” looks very real.

Holy crap...Thats 18 top 50 players still unknow, That will gut the PGA Tour. John Rahm was told to me the other day but he was so vocal against I blew it off. Now Who knows.

Just now, Indykev said:

LIV have their 48 signed players for next season and we believe there’s about 30 known players with contracts, the rest are yet to be announced. Due to NDAs, there will be some inevitable surprises. The “freight train after the FedEx” looks very real.

Holy crap...Thats 18 top 50 players still unknow, That will gut the PGA Tour. John Rahm was told to me the other day but he was so vocal against I blew it off. Now Who knows.

And that success is the very reason the judge said you don't have an antitrust case....or at least alluded that.

Oh well. Guys will go where they want and earn what they want but it won't be on the PGA Tour. I'm just waiting for the boys from Augusta to make their ruling. If they told AT&T and other sponsors to go take a hike....they'll go tell any player the same. 

Shame there doesn't seem to be a compromise somewhere. Such is our world. One side or the other.

37 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Yeah.  That one is a surprise.  

• Like 2

Here's what I can't wait for. Strictly for next move stuff. Wait until the first player who chose LIV turns around and  sues the LIV folks for saying something along the lines of guaranteeing they would be able to play on PGA,etc....

Horschel's comments today were pretty compelling.

Fun few weeks coming up on PGA and subsequent departures. If there is a sport that needs the NFL right now it's golf. Just hideout for a couple months might be what everyone needs.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

And that success is the very reason the judge said you don't have an antitrust case....or at least alluded that.

Oh well. Guys will go where they want and earn what they want but it won't be on the PGA Tour. I'm just waiting for the boys from Augusta to make their ruling. If they told AT&T and other sponsors to go take a hike....they'll go tell any player the same. 

Shame there doesn't seem to be a compromise somewhere. Such is our world. One side or the other.

You understand it was 11 guys not LIV that sued. 2 totally different things. Well 10 now, Ortiz removed himself before the hearing. I dont think Augusta changes their rules just to keep out past champs and other major winners. Dp Tour is going to let them play in the Australian Open and Australian PGA, which are Majors on the PGA Tour minor league tour.

All those guys have agents and lawyers, they knew going in what the cost was. It will be settled before it goes to court again.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

Cam Smith can flat roll the rock. Best i have ever seen. There have been some good ones. Tiger, Loren Roberts, Brad Faxon. Cam just above Tiger in my mind.

Because of the pressure he created I'm still rolling with Tiger because the guy made every crucial putt from about 1997 to 2009.

Cam is so good too though. Won't be surprised if he darts up the board today. He had 2-3 just short or barely on edge putts yesterday or his 67 was a 64 and he'd be in the lead. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

Cam Smith cost him self the #1 ranking over not knowing a simple rule. It would shock you the guys that dont however.

I was out earlier doing some yard work and honestly just getting caught up. When I first saw it I thought oh boy....but the more I read it was legit, right?

Really hope Zalatoris finishes this one off but that shot from Straka was awesome. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I was out earlier doing some yard work and honestly just getting caught up. When I first saw it I thought oh boy....but the more I read it was legit, right?

Really hope Zalatoris finishes this one off but that shot from Straka was awesome. 

It was a penalty. The issue I have is it was issued the next day after someone called in. The Tour is getting heavily involved with betting. This needs to stop. Once a player leaves the course its over. A lot of people bet on Cam Smith over night.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

It was a penalty. The issue I have is it was issued the next day after someone called in. The Tour is getting heavily involved with betting. This needs to stop. Once a player leaves the course its over. A lot of people bet on Cam Smith over night.

That's always been my problem. Some random from a couch can call in things. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Makes no sense, I don't know of any other sport that allows call in rules interpretation? Imagine if we were allowed to call out blatent wrong officiating in BIG basketball?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

35 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Makes no sense, I don't know of any other sport that allows call in rules interpretation? Imagine if we were allowed to call out blatent wrong officiating in BIG basketball?

Angel Hernandez behind the plate would crash the communication grid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2