PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

1 hour ago, KDB said:

Tiger -2 thru 4!! Looking good!

Gave it back but I'll take E on front all day long. Take a look at the names that are + so far....I don't think Memorial took kindly to being owned last week. 

Dustin +8

Fowler +6 already

Xander +6

Bubba +6

Webb Simpson +5 already

Morikawa +4 after winning there last week.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Dustin Johnson's last 3 rounds of golf.

+8

+8

+7

He withdrew from this week's event after his +7 round.

I know some might go into his past but sounds like back injury. Won at Traveler's a month ago and now shooting 80 for a living. Might need to sit out for awhile to geared up for fall.

29 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Opening weekend of the baseball season.  Second tier golf tournament with no big names on the leader board.  And, I am still choosing to watch golf over baseball.  Crazy.

I'm going back and forth between Cubs and golf...only because I have Wolff in my pool this week but he's getting run over today. +1 on this track loses you 15-20 spots.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm going back and forth between Cubs and golf...only because I have Wolff in my pool this week but he's getting run over today. +1 on this track loses you 15-20 spots.

They've not showed much of him the last hour or so.  Earlier, when they were following him, he was visibly frustrated.  Not mentally where he needed to be for a good round.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

A couple of fantastic pairings in the mix for today's final round of the St. Jude

Rickie Fowler & Brooks Koepka in the 2nd to last pairing

Justin Thomas and Phil Mickelson in the 3rd to last pairing.  

I had Berger this past week in my pool. He made a charge but missed about 7-8 7 footers this week. Still a fun tourney to watch. Up next is Harding Park. 7 par 4's over 460 but also 2 short one's that are driveable. Trying to figure out who to choose.

The risk is if I don't go chalk I could lose out on winnings that majority of my pool will make. I think Rory is the favorite which is mindblowing to me. Brooks deserves plenty of attention and I'll probably end up picking him but I keep staring at Gary Woodland's name.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I had Berger this past week in my pool. He made a charge but missed about 7-8 7 footers this week. Still a fun tourney to watch. Up next is Harding Park. 7 par 4's over 460 but also 2 short one's that are driveable. Trying to figure out who to choose.

The risk is if I don't go chalk I could lose out on winnings that majority of my pool will make. I think Rory is the favorite which is mindblowing to me. Brooks deserves plenty of attention and I'll probably end up picking him but I keep staring at Gary Woodland's name.

It's a major and Kopeka should have extra motivation after yesterday.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

One thing that's been discussed quite a bit is the rough there. I don't think they've decided if they are going to cut it or not and if they do cut it on Wednesday they'll let it go the rest of the week. Accuracy will be king. Could see plenty of long iron play this week. Similar to a US Open setup. One other factor is the weather. These guys have been playing in heat and humidity. Low 60's is going to feel chilly and borderline cold. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

As of 2:30 Eastern, Zach Johnson sits at both the top and the bottom of the PGA leaderboard.  Only in the year they call 2020.  

Just settling in for the late rounds. Glad Tiger was early today (-2 is solid) and he gets almost a full day of rest before going out at 5pm EST tomorrow. Might not be a big deal to others but him it is....the early/late Thursday/Friday tee times is perfect.

Usual suspects up top. JT struggled, Rory did as well. 

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I have driven past the course in SF. Hopefully the fog doesn’t become an issue like it was at the US Open a few years ago 

I've been to this course and area many, many times. Will just say this. Weather forecast doesn't mean a thing. Winds up, low temps, rough growing....will be a very tough weekend. Even if the sun is blazing later in day it won't mean a thing. You hit the rough and like Tiger said today it's potluck. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just settling in for the late rounds. Glad Tiger was early today (-2 is solid) and he gets almost a full day of rest before going out at 5pm EST tomorrow. Might not be a big deal to others but him it is....the early/late Thursday/Friday tee times is perfect.

Usual suspects up top. JT struggled, Rory did as well. 

At what point does Jordan Speith stop being considered a 'marquee' player?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I went Brooks....we have 44 in our pool. Brooks was chosen 18 times. Plenty of Xander, JT,etc.....but darn I really wanted to take Gary Woodland and make ground up on leaders.

Woodland off to a good start.  Now, in your pool, if Woodland and Koepka would tie for 2nd, is it equal points?  Or, are the picks weighted so that Woodland would pay out better?

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Woodland off to a good start.  Now, in your pool, if Woodland and Koepka would tie for 2nd, is it equal points?  Or, are the picks weighted so that Woodland would pay out better?

Weekly winnings from purse. Can't choose same guy twice type of pool. We do different payouts for each month, most wins, most $ for for majors but otherwise pretty standard.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure if anyone else is watching yet but Rickie just went ultimate Rickie. 5 inch putt for bogey and he accidentally tapped the ball for finishing it up. Should be a 6 on the card and now he sits 1 on the wrong side of the cut line. 

Did not see it, but was following the scoreboard while at work and saw the Double come through.  

Should be an exciting prime time show tonight.  Big names and a lot of storylines.

• Like 1