Weather events

Reacher

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

I've had 3 straight nights of storms waking me in the early morning hours. I guess I should have expected that after barely getting any thunderstorms all year until now. 

Power went out at about 2:00 this morning and didn't come back on til about 7:30. Little town of Fremont, about 7 miles from me, had damage with roofs being blown off, structural damage, etc.

22 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Power went out at about 2:00 this morning and didn't come back on til about 7:30. Little town of Fremont, about 7 miles from me, had damage with roofs being blown off, structural damage, etc.

NWS confirms an EF-1 tornado touched down in that area. Wild, because apparently no tornado warning was ever issued. 

My daughter got caught in a monster hailstorm Friday evening at the mall on the north side of Indy/Carmel.  Two pieces of hail went through her rear window and she has more than 50 dents on her car's exterior.  The rear window collapsed inward on her way home and her car is sitting in a body shop now...not sure when she will get it back.  She has video of hailstones literally piercing the skylights at the mall...sounded like gunfire...just unreal.   Some of the hail was almost baseball sized.  Here's one pic of her damage...

196954768_HailDamage.thumb.jpg.5a1d3bb687fc4d0883d889d51a4b7475.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

My daughter got caught in a monster hailstorm Friday evening at the mall on the north side of Indy/Carmel.  Two pieces of hail went through her rear window and she has more than 50 dents on her car's exterior.  The rear window collapsed inward on her way home and her car is sitting in a body shop now...not sure when she will get it back.  She has video of hailstones literally piercing the skylights at the mall...sounded like gunfire...just unreal.   Some of the hail was almost baseball sized.  Here's one pic of her damage...

Yikes....glad she made it home safely

20 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I live near 116th and Rangeline/Westfield. Hail was unreal. 3-4x size quarters. 

My sister also lives in Naperville- not far from where the house was leveled. She is out of town so I went over that morning and checked for damage. She barely had any debris in her yard but a couple houses down from her was major tree damage.

20210621_080613.jpg

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a weird summer here in Southeast Texas...

For about the whole months of June and July, it's been cooler than usual...high 70s low 80s when normally it's mid 90s this time of year...but it's rained almost every day too...a lot more than the previous 7 years we've been down here...

On 7/10/2021 at 10:46 AM, IUFLA said:

It's been a weird summer here in Southeast Texas...

For about the whole months of June and July, it's been cooler than usual...high 70s low 80s when normally it's mid 90s this time of year...but it's rained almost every day too...a lot more than the previous 7 years we've been down here...

I wish you’d stop sending the storms my way! Severe thunderstorm warnings, no power, barely any cell. I think the power loss took out my primary tower. Going to be a rough night without air or fans and 100% humidity.😩

10 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I wish you’d stop sending the storms my way! Severe thunderstorm warnings, no power, barely any cell. I think the power loss took out my primary tower. Going to be a rough night without air or fans and 100% humidity.😩

Feel for you, bro...it's been raining here every day for almost 2 month...I keep trying to get my lawn guys out here, but right now, I could lose a horse in my lawn...

And my hind end would be going to a hotel if the power was out...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Feel for you, bro...it's been raining here every day for almost 2 month...I keep trying to get my lawn guys out here, but right now, I could lose a horse in my lawn...

At the very least, I’d be sitting in a running automobile with the A/C cranked. Just visiting Texas for 2-3 days in July is enough for me. More than 10 minutes of even moderate activity outside and my ass starts to feel like a portion of the Everglades. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Power came back on after two hours, took another half hour for the cell tower to come back! Oh and pretty sure the only decent motel in the area was also without power. Still raining ☹️

Edited by Drroogh

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason wouldn’t let me type after attaching those photos but that’s currently broken on my sink. The top threads intro the underside of the above sink faucet and the threading has rusted away.  So the above sink faucet is completely loose. 

Anybody know that’s it’s called so I can get a replacement? 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, rico said:

Funny how that works.  I can't tell you the last time I watered my garden.  

And that's just our place. My aunt up the road lives in an old neighborhood with large yards. She has about 20 beds of plants/bushes/gardens...that all need watering.

With heat indexes approaching 105 this afternoon I figure I'll drop a six pack of water weight.

• Haha 1