Jump to content

Braden Smith Commits to Purdue


The Daily Hoosier
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

He jumped on that offer fast!  He is either a Purdue fan or knew that's the best he was going to get.

Nope big IU fan but sees the writing on the wall. Only PU player that I will openly root for.  I hope we beat PU but hope BS just lights IU up. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Wow....i hope this isn't a piss poor decision on IU'S part...Purdue is cleaning the state up of quality players...i dont care how good iu gets it is going to be tough playing at PU for years to come with all the State kids going there.

I mean Indiana has the second best kid in the state committed for the class at SG. Indiana has Johnson for two season, Lander as a frosh and Phinisee for two seasons as well.  It’s not like we have an issue there in PGs.  Indiana has Bates for four, Stewart for two, Leal for four and Galloway for Four at the two.  PG/small SG wasn’t a need for this class.  I don’t see we will see many offers at this position unless someone transfers.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess he and Painter can relate to one another. Both grew up Hoosier fans, but the IU coaching staffs had their eyes on bigger prizes and they never received their dream offers. Unfortunately, I'm guessing he'll thrive in the little brother, underdog role at Purdue.  Luckily, it seems we've finally recruited some bigger dogs that will put the little yapping ankle biters back in their place!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Wow....i hope this isn't a piss poor decision on IU'S part...Purdue is cleaning the state up of quality players...i dont care how good iu gets it is going to be tough playing at PU for years to come with all the State kids going there.

I get this player is a fan favorite.  But,

Roberts goes to Cincinnati- doesn't sound like they offered.

Fife has been recruiting midwest, doesn't look like MSU or when he went to IU offered.

Am I missing something?  IU has passed out some scholarship offers in the last few weeks.  Some pg they are going after are jet fast.  We have a stable of guards, solidified within the past few weeks.

What am I missing, except he is a fan favorite?  Asking, not knowing.  And, I trust the evaluation of the entire staff.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

I get this player is a fan favorite.  But,

Roberts goes to Cincinnati- doesn't sound like they offered.

Fife has been recruiting midwest, doesn't look like MSU or when he went to IU offered.

Am I missing something?  IU has passed out some scholarship offers in the last few weeks.  Some pg they are going after are jet fast.  We have a stable of guards, solidified within the past few weeks.

What am I missing, except he is a fan favorite?  Asking, not knowing.  And, I trust the evaluation of the entire staff.

I want the best players i dont care where they come from. Enough Indiana kids have pasted on IU in the last few years. Start looking else where.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fiveoutofsix said:

I get this player is a fan favorite.  But,

Roberts goes to Cincinnati- doesn't sound like they offered.

Fife has been recruiting midwest, doesn't look like MSU or when he went to IU offered.

Am I missing something?  IU has passed out some scholarship offers in the last few weeks.  Some pg they are going after are jet fast.  We have a stable of guards, solidified within the past few weeks.

What am I missing, except he is a fan favorite?  Asking, not knowing.  And, I trust the evaluation of the entire staff.

I been an iu fan for 40 years and it pains me to see players of his caliber not  be in candy stripes...imo he would have been a good addition...maybe im wrong....knowing that he is at PU bothers me...Painter has done well in the State lately 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

I mean Indiana has the second best kid in the state committed for the class at SG. Indiana has Johnson for two season, Lander as a frosh and Phinisee for two seasons as well.  It’s not like we have an issue there in PGs.  Indiana has Bates for four, Stewart for two, Leal for four and Galloway for Four at the two.  PG/small SG wasn’t a need for this class.  I don’t see we will see many offers at this position unless someone transfers.  

I doubt Bates will be here for 4 years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This one looks like a mistake and we will be here for four years talking about it if it comes to fruition.  I’m surprised Woody, Fife and Matta couldn’t connect the dots on this one.  

I would say the staff connects the dots better than everyone on an IU message board put together times hundreds lol

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

I get this player is a fan favorite.  But,

Roberts goes to Cincinnati- doesn't sound like they offered.

Fife has been recruiting midwest, doesn't look like MSU or when he went to IU offered.

Am I missing something?  IU has passed out some scholarship offers in the last few weeks.  Some pg they are going after are jet fast.  We have a stable of guards, solidified within the past few weeks.

What am I missing, except he is a fan favorite?  Asking, not knowing.  And, I trust the evaluation of the entire staff.

You are missing that he can shoot extremely well. He has the x factor that this team has missed for a long time. We are recruiting athletes and if those athletes can shoot then all will be well if not going to be the same old story. UK this year was loaded with fast guards, big guards, great 5 star NBA ready talent and none could shoot. That formula only works if you have some guys to spread the floor to allow that speed to be utilized. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I want the best players i dont care where they come from. Enough Indiana kids have pasted on IU in the last few years. Start looking else where.

Nothing to do with where they come from for me either but he fits a role that's needed and makes those around him better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I would say the staff connects the dots better than everyone on an IU message board put together times hundreds lol

Well let’s see how he does.  I’ve been right over prior coaching staffs numerous times.  If the staff is wrong, they will never hear the end of it.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

You are missing that he can shoot extremely well. He has the x factor that this team has missed for a long time. We are recruiting athletes and if those athletes can shoot then all will be well if not going to be the same old story. UK this year was loaded with fast guards, big guards, great 5 star NBA ready talent and none could shoot. That formula only works if you have some guys to spread the floor to allow that speed to be utilized. 

Have a feeling IU has found some help in that area in the past few weeks, and have a feeling that a green light of confidence will improve the over thinking of some of our able shooters.  And, have a feeling we will be getting a bunch more - scholarships given out is proving that.  There is no doubt this staff wants to shoot the three and they also want to play fast and furious.  They are going after their players.

Hope the best for the kid, any kid, got to think this staff is connected and talented.  There system is going to be different and fun.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m reminded of Coach Knight openly regretting not offering another smallish guard, Jerry Sichting.   There are always those tough Indiana guys.  It’s a constant and as sure as death and taxes.

 Billingsley said it perfectly.  Either you get those guys, or they torment you for four years.  Is Braden the next one in line?  That remains to be seen.   But on a roster with 13 schollies, I find a spot for him.   

For those dismissing him, let me point out he didn’t commit to Toledo.  He is good enough for Purdue.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Well let’s see how he does.  I’ve been right over prior coaching staffs numerous times.  If the staff is wrong, they will never hear the end of it.  

Do you remember Troy Lewis? I was sick he went to Purdue and yes he killed us for 4 years but it was fun seeing the competition between players!  I will be pulling for the kids playing for the Hoosiers and I don’t care if Smith scores 40 against us. You never know how a kid will do in college but I like who the staff has been offering since taking over. Btw never hear the end of it from who lol

Edited by Cutter
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • KDB changed the title to Braden Smith Commits to Purdue

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...