IU Baseball 2021

btownqb

Knock on wood: I think this is a very good thing for us that they rescheduled this game. It will hurt our RPI a touch, not a ton... but I assume we will win this and get an "extra" .5 games in the standings.  Plus the game is at home.

I think we have as much pitching as anyone in the conference... we will make it a bullpen day. ILL will have just gotten done with a road series vs. Iowa.

• Thanks 1

We are mid 80s now on RPI. No out of conference really sucks for that.

Notre Dame- 1 game 13th

INST- 2 games 19th

Ball State- 2 games 49th

Louisville- 1 game 50th

UK- 1 game 52nd

Cinci- 1 or 2 games 88th

That's like 8-9 games we missed out on against Top 100 competition. The numbers are those teams corresponding RPI ranking.

We are F'ing around this week. Sometimes we don't tweet the starters at all, and if we do it is usually on TH. These three combined have pitched 160.2 innings and are sitting at a 2.87ERA. That continues and we will have a chance to win any series we play in. LFGGGGG

• Like 1

I'm really hoping we get Conner Manous back soon. Kid throws 92-94 and has a lot of experience at the college level, and has been successful in difficult situations.

In 2020 he had thrown 8 scoreless innings only giving up 5H and striking out 12. In 2019, he threw 40.2 innings and was a 2.68ERA. We need him back.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I'm really hoping we get Conner Manous back soon. Kid throws 92-94 and has a lot of experience at the college level, and has been successful in difficult situations.

In 2020 he had thrown 8 scoreless innings only giving up 5H and striking out 12. In 2019, he threw 40.2 innings and was a 2.68ERA. We need him back.

What’s wrong with him? Had Mercer said anything about him coming back this year?

3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

What’s wrong with him? Had Mercer said anything about him coming back this year?

There has been a guy on another site that mentioned we should be getting him back soon, and I do not know his injury. That bullpen is already damn deep: Litwicki, Stahl, Modugno, Bothwell, Tucker, and Scott. Plus Macciochi and Sharp some, as well.

Conner is a guy we want with us going forward though, big time. Not a long relief guy, but an inning or two of tough outs a weekend is huge.

• Like 1

Btw.. I spoke with the Monroe Co Health Dept yesterday, it's 100% on IU for why we don't have people at sporting events, currently. They don't understand it anymore than we do. 

Very confusing. 

Tennessee is going 100% attendance this weekend and UL is currently at 20%. Much more populated areas than Bloomington. So dumb. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1