Justin Smith transferring

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t hate Justin but obviously I can’t cheer for him in an Illini uni. Staying in conference to play against us would ruin any support he would have left in Indiana for sure. Definitely would undermine any good feelings fans might have left for him. Even I cant ignore that.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I don’t hate Justin but obviously I can’t cheer for him in an Illini uni. Staying in conference to play against us would ruin any support he would have left in Indiana for sure. Definitely would undermine any good feelings fans might have left for him. Even I cant ignore that.

Question asked and answered.  Who would EVER cheer for a player in Orange and Blue, regardless of where they came from ?   Though there have been some I have liked.

Just now, milehiiu said:

Question asked and answered.  Who would EVER cheer for a player in Orange and Blue, regardless of where they came from ?   Though there have been some I have liked.

Once a player leaves IU I don't cheer for them no matter where they went.  I did not even root for Texas Tech when RMK went there.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I’ll cheer if they play Purdue or Kentucky. Or if it’s better for IU in the standings. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Once a player leaves IU I don't cheer for them no matter where they went.  I did not even root for Texas Tech when RMK went there.

See. That's where you and I may differ.  I bore no ill will towards Coach Knight after getting fired from IU.  I followed him on TT fan boards.  Rooting for him to do well.  Even to to point of exchanging with TT fans on their board.  Loved watching "Knight School" on tv, where he actually rewarded a  walkon with a spot on the team. And rooted for Pat, when Bobby Knight quit mid season. 

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I cheered for Grant Gelon at all 17 other schools he played for.  :coffee:

Big difference. Between Grant and Justin. Grant never wanted to leave IU.  True... that he bounced around a lot after turning in his Candy Stripes.  I felt for the kid. Sure could hit from three. From my good friend Zach :

Indiana basketball transfer Grant Gelon: 'I wanted to stay'

21 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

See. That's where you and I may differ.  I bore no ill will towards Coach Knight after getting fired from IU.  I followed him on TT fan boards.  Rooting for him to do well.  Even to to point of exchanging with TT fans on their board.  Loved watching "Knight School" on tv, where he actually rewarded a  walkon with a spot on the team. And rooted for Pat, when Bobby Knight quit mid season. 

I just did not care if he did well or not and rather see him not do well because of the so called IU fans who switched allegiance to TT.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just did not care if he did well or not and rather see him not do well because of the so called IU fans who switched allegiance to TT.

Oh. I hear ya. Following one TT fan board, as I did. There was one poster.  Said he lived just North of Assembly Hall.  And did all he could do to trash IU for firing Coach Knight.

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Oh. I hear ya. Following one TT fan board, as I did. There was one poster.  Said he lived just North of Assembly Hall.  And did all he could do to trash IU for firing Coach Knight.

Couldn't stand those people and I think a couple of those guys are the ones that ruined the rivals site.

15 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i would never waiver on my allegiance to IU bball, but i did become a secondary TT fan.  as for transfers, i just have never cared enough to take the time to follow what/how they are doing.  

Yeah, I never follow our transfers unless I am "forced" to watch them like Funderburke and Recker.

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Big difference. Between Grant and Justin. Grant never wanted to leave IU.  True... that he bounced around a lot after turning in his Candy Stripes.  I felt for the kid. Sure could hit from three. From my good friend Zach :

Indiana basketball transfer Grant Gelon: 'I wanted to stay'

Grant was offered the opportunity to stay on an academic scholarship right?  He just wouldn't have been on the team.  But he was never playing anyways so not much difference IMO.  I have no sympathy for him. 

9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Grant was offered the opportunity to stay on an academic scholarship right?  He just wouldn't have been on the team.  But he was never playing anyways so not much difference IMO.  I have no sympathy for him. 

Grant would have been offered an academic scholarship.  Based on the student bill of rights. 

16 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I dont know the answer but how many switched allegiance or just cheered for both. I watched as many TT games as I could but never wavered on my love for IU.  If iu was not going to win it all I wanted TT to do so

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I have a little sympathy for him.  I put myself in his shoes, offered to be on a team that you dreamed of playing for as a kid.  Got a chance to be a part of that for a year and then had that rug pulled out from under your feet.  Yeah, you could still have the scholarship for IU but you wanted to be part of that team.

Think of it this way, the literal girl of your dreams dates you for a year and then up and says, "hey, not anymore...you are not good enough...but let's still be friends ok?  And you can continue to stay in your room of our apartment while I bang a bunch of other guys I deemed better than you within your earshot."  I mean she was a cool girl and that is part of what attracted you to her but what self respecting guy would have any part of that situation?  Sticking around because she was fun to be around and a friend at one time while she does that in your face.  No thanks.

That is basically what happened to Gelon.

12 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I have a little sympathy for him.  I put myself in his shoes, offered to be on a team that you dreamed of playing for as a kid.  Got a chance to be a part of that for a year and then had that rug pulled out from under your feet.  Yeah, you could still have the scholarship for IU but you wanted to be part of that team.

Think of it this way, the literal girl of your dreams dates you for a year and then up and says, "hey, not anymore...you are not good enough...but let's still be friends ok?  And you can continue to stay in your room of our apartment while I bang a bunch of other guys I deemed better than you within your earshot."  I mean she was a cool girl and that is part of what attracted you to her but what self respecting guy would have any part of that situation?  Sticking around because she was fun to be around and a friend at one time while she does that in your face.  No thanks.

Yeah but he knew that this girl was waaaay out of his league from the get go.

21 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Could I still watch?

19 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

If you get the opportunity to be a part of your dream team then that must mean you earned it. If then that opportunity disappears, you didn’t do enough. This is big boy sports here folks. There is no room at the top for the soft, weak , coddled or lazy.
That’s not being mean, that’s being real and is the very reason why some people can manage and some can’t. Gotta be able to make the big boy decisions.

30 minutes ago, Sark said:

That happens in every sport of every program at about any college. It’s not unique at all. Feel bad for kids when it’s obvious that they’re not going to be able to continue with the team, but it’s the reality everywhere.

Sympathetic but I don’t feel bad for sure...kid got a year to live the dream almost all us Indiana kids had growing up. Most never get even that. Life isn’t necessarily fair. The old saying better to have loved and lost then not ever to have loved at all.

As for your ex banging in front of you....man some of you think about some weird stuff...never in my life could I think up such a scenario lol. Anyways I don’t judge lol..

Archived