High School Hoops '20-'21

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I was listening to a podcast yesterday, where the discussion was whether or not Indiana's 2nd team (players 13 through 25) could beat Kentucky's first team.  That's how deep this class is.  

That's not including Lander.. and it's possible Montgomery passes on the opportunity to start playing in the Minors. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Girls 3A State Championship Final Score Silver Creek - 54 SB Washington - 48

He’s distracted. Trying to think of how to tell Painter he’s decommitting

Getting ready to go to the state finals.  My brothers company has a suite at Bankers Life and we get to use them for the first 3 games.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I was listening to a podcast yesterday, where the discussion was whether or not Indiana's 2nd team (players 13 through 25) could beat Kentucky's first team.  That's how deep this class is.  

...or how bad Kentucky HS basketball is.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That's not including Lander.. and it's possible Montgomery passes on the opportunity to start playing in the Minors. 

Yes without lander is even crazier and the hits keep coming because etchison and Montgomery could both be left off this team which is increasingly crazy 

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Are there odds up already?? What is the list? I'm sure there will be a couple Indy kids some IU fans will be keeping an eye on.

Fletcher Loyer from Homestead and Conner Essegian from Central Noble will be the ones from my area.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Brown barnhizer JR Furst Kaufman 

then avance Wesley goode jacobi and Hughes ( although at this point Hughes and jacobi could possibly be left off which is absurd )

would be the two lineups I’d send out that I think would play very very well together 

Those 10. Plus Waddell, Thomas, Montgomery, and Blackmon... out of those 4 which 2 are you taking? 

I think your first 10 are for sure in. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I bet we're something like 10-2 in our last 12 against them. 

Was it a sign that the team that lost after we had won like 17 in a row was led by Romeo Langford and Rob Phinesee? lol

• Like 2
1 minute ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Yes without lander is even crazier and the hits keep coming because etchison and Montgomery could both be left off this team which is increasingly crazy 

And Conner Hickman who didn't get to play. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, rico said:

...or how bad Kentucky HS basketball is.

The games in Kentucky can't even garner 1,000 fans. They complain that the best Kentucky players can't show up because of college and because they have no money to practice, house, and feed the kids. I wonder how many more years it goes on. Be sad the tradition dies...wonder if Illinois would start one up with us?

• Like 1
Just now, dgambill said:

The games in Kentucky can't even garner 1,000 fans. They complain that the best Kentucky players can't show up because of college and because they have no money to practice, house, and feed the kids. I wonder how many more years it goes on. Be sad the tradition dies...wonder if Illinois would start one up with us?

I would prefer Ohio myself...

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, rico said:

Fletcher Loyer from Homestead and Conner Essegian from Central Noble will be the ones from my area.

I watched the game where they played Busco...Essegian was unguardable for a huge stretch of that game...is he B10 level? Or could be?

• Like 1

It's not the top teams that separate Indiana HS basketball. It's the fact that a team like Silver Creek was the "11th best team." The depth is absurd... ABSURD. 

11th best according to sags 

• Like 2
Just now, Coach Robby said:

I watched the game where they played Busco...Essegian was unguardable for a huge stretch of that game...is he B10 level? Or could be?

Dunno...he has another year to show us he is worthy.

• Like 1
Just now, btownqb said:

It's not the top teams that separate Indiana HS basketball. It's the fact that a team like Silver Creek was the "11th best team." The depth is absurd... ABSURD. 

11th best according to sags 

Blackhawk Christian's Caleb Furst wins 2020-21 Indiana Mr. Basketball

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

play em all. We'll beat them all. 

Well it's hard enough to get kids to commit for a week to play two games...much less to steal them away from colleges and USA basketball for 4 or more.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, rico said:

I would prefer Ohio myself...

Ohio would certainly be a very big test. A ton of kids come out of there. But Illinois for whatever reason seems to already be a natural rival.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Ahh the face that Duncomb handled 

HA!! Nothing against Caleb at all lol....but he already has one of those Purdue sh!tty grins that I want us to wipe off his face lol!!!  j/k!! Congrats!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Those 10. Plus Waddell, Thomas, Montgomery, and Blackmon... out of those 4 which 2 are you taking? 

I think your first 10 are for sure in. 

I think you’re right except Hughes might not which is nuts and out of those four it’s so hard ....Blackmon is near us and deserves it but if I’m actually voting I say you have to take waddel based on what he did in four years and he gives you height then Montgomery earned it He carried a middle of the road team single-handedly within a couple points of a state finals appearance....you ?

19 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I think you’re right except Hughes might not which is nuts and out of those four it’s so hard ....Blackmon is near us and deserves it but if I’m actually voting I say you have to take waddel based on what he did in four years and he gives you height then Montgomery earned it He carried a middle of the road team single-handedly within a couple points of a state finals appearance....you ?

That would my guess. 

Edited by btownqb
13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Jalen Washington and CJ Gunn will be there too I’m guessing. 

Jalen Washington, if he is healthy, is the clear frontrunner for Mr. Basketball next season.

• Like 2