10 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Anyone have info on what's going on with the housing market?  Read where investment firms are buying houses and even entire subdivisions for 20-50% above market value pricing out regular buyers.

Seems like a bad idea and something that shouldn't be allowed to happen.  

That has been going on for awhile. I know some started buying in AZ after the 2008 collapse there. I think that success spurred them on. Single Family Residential Real estate is becoming its own sector. Institutions are also buying up manufactured home communities and RV Campgrounds. They are using airline, demand based pricing for campgrounds. No more flat fees. Guess it is either good or bad depending on where you are coming from.

• Like 1
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I kick myself for not investing the $20-30k I had sitting around in March. I did, however, build a beautiful pool.  An investment into seeing my fiance in a swimsuit is still an investment.

This fella has it right.  Pick some individual stocks if you enjoy it and think you've got a good read on the market, but I would encourage the vast majority of any investment into index funds.  

Had a great day today.  LLKKF went up about 30%, LTHM went up 10%, and my XLM crypto went up too.  Cap it off with the football team bringing McCullough back, and it was a hell of a birthday!!!

Posted Images

On 6/8/2021 at 12:20 PM, Seeking6 said:

Clover Health gang is the next one. Might be late to the party but much larger short squeeze in play. Could be worth throwing a few bucks in for fun. 

Heard rumblings about Workhorse (WKSE) or WWE (WWE) entering the Reddit picture. 

If you’re a more traditional investor, KemPharm (KMPH) is a biotech on the rise. Good pipeline of drugs either soon to be entering the market and in development, and very cash heavy. Will be added in the next revision of the Russell 2000. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Heard rumblings about Workhorse (WKSE) or WWE (WWE) entering the Reddit picture. 

If you’re a more traditional investor, KemPharm (KMPH) is a biotech on the rise. Good pipeline of drugs either soon to be entering the market and in development, and very cash heavy. Will be added in the next revision of the Russell 2000. 

7DF00DA4-B740-4FA3-9AEA-146780F0C60F.png

Damn, called that one. 10% in a day is good, right? 

• Like 2
On 6/11/2021 at 10:27 PM, Zlinedavid said:

7DF00DA4-B740-4FA3-9AEA-146780F0C60F.png

Damn, called that one. 10% in a day is good, right? 

In case anyone is under the impression that I actually know what I’m talking about, A) I’d like a hit/dose of whatever you’re taking, and B) KMPH finished down a point and a half today. BUT….it’s still up over 20% in the past week, and today, the CEO decides to purchase 1500 shares at more or less market value ($14 and change).  Can’t help but take that as a cautiously optimistic sign.

If you’re reading this Monday evening, keep an eye on UONE at open Tuesday morning. 

3 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I cashed out my original investment of AMC (which was 4x up) so now I'm playing with house money on the remaining 75%.  Should be fun.  I honestly might take a ride on the next reddit-crazed short squeeze.  

RMED has the initial makings of it. GRAY too. Keep holding the AMC though. Friday is the big day. Quadruple witching day. I own neither....but looking at buying some. Same technical trade issue as AMC was on January 20th or so. 

I've got my stop loss in place for AMC at $40. If it happens so be it and we've had a good run....if not? We might have a 3 digit runup real quick on hedges covering their shorts and buying. Next 72 hours will be fun. 

Edited by Seeking6

If you made money in crypto, I'm happy for you.  Investing in crypto is no more than gambling (with better than typical house odds).  There is zero intrinsic value in the stuff, there's no taxing authority backing it and it all operates in the greater fool theory or pure FOMO.

...but yes...if you can guess the direction a crypto currency will go next, you can make money at it.  It's not really "investing" though.  Before anyone says it, yes, I understand that our national currency (or any government paper/digital currency for that matter) is not a whole lot better.

37 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

If you made money in crypto, I'm happy for you.  Investing in crypto is no more than gambling (with better than typical house odds).  There is zero intrinsic value in the stuff, there's no taxing authority backing it and it all operates in the greater fool theory or pure FOMO.

...but yes...if you can guess the direction a crypto currency will go next, you can make money at it.  It's not really "investing" though.  Before anyone says it, yes, I understand that our national currency (or any government paper/digital currency for that matter) is not a whole lot better.

It’s “coin flip” investing. The only thing you know is that the value is going to change. It’s just sheer guessing whether it’s up or down. 

I lucked out. Several years ago, I bought one Bitcoin just to start playing around with it, and lost interest and forgot about it. The time was around May of 2013, and the total cost….about $100. Forgot I even had it until the bull run of late 2017. Yeah, you do the math. I cashed out about 40% of it then, but I use the rest to “nibble” the market. I’ll sell $500, buy that amount when the market dips, and sell it back when it’s up about 0.75-1% from the original point after fees. I’m not getting rich by any means, but it’s 95% automated, and I’m playing with house money anyway. 

• Like 1