2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

Leathernecks

We're in the final 3 for a DB from Ohio. Top 400 player. 

UK has two CBs.. they're both from over a month ago. 

What is the draw to go play at the 17th best team in the SEC and the worst college town in the SEC and be overshadowed by basketball? 

F UK

I also love that we have 2 committed and another 24 coming to visit this summer, as of now. (Turner makes 25, but he's already committed).. thinking Dasan might be taking a few unofficial during June, as well :) and Daeh. 

Go grab 8-10 of these kids this summer and hone in. On another 8-10 from Sept to December. 

We anticipate another relatively small class, yes? 

This past year we added 20. 

Plus: Johnson, Johnson, Crider, Scott, Whop, Swann, Jakes, Lewis, Passmore, Mayala, Whitehead, Williams, Reece... 

Are there others I'm missing we lost that were on scholly? 

Additionally.. not counting transfers, I think we're at 14 available schollys on guessing on who's going pro for next year and is a SR: Fryfogle, Matthews, Matthews, MCfadden, Mullen, Anderson, Powell, Norwah, Layne, Ball, Kramer, Ziemba, Hendershot, Taylor.. 

That's also not counting who will transfer 5-8 guys, then the grad transfers we will grab. I do think we will see a fair amount of transfers because of lack of class balance because of the covid year, I hate it, but I see it coming. Not much anyone can do about it.  That's 19-22 guys (ish).. very tough to configure all this. Basically.. Hopefully... we can take 18 guys in this class. 

18 and 4 grad transfers. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

This past year we added 20. 

Plus: Johnson, Johnson, Crider, Scott, Whop, Swann, Jakes, Lewis, Passmore, Mayala, Whitehead, Williams, Reece... 

Are there others I'm missing we lost that were on scholly? 

Additionally.. not counting transfers, I think we're at 14 available schollys on guessing on who's going pro for next year and is a SR: Fryfogle, Matthews, Matthews, MCfadden, Mullen, Anderson, Powell, Norwah, Layne, Ball, Kramer, Ziemba, Hendershot, Taylor.. 

That's also not counting who will transfer 5-8 guys, then the grad transfers we will grab. I do think we will see a fair amount of transfers because of lack of class balance because of the covid year, I hate it, but I see it coming. Not much anyone can do about it.  That's 19-22 guys (ish).. very tough to configure all this. Basically.. Hopefully... we can take 18 guys in this class. 

18 and 4 grad transfers. 

Well thought out.  I bet you’re dang close. There are always a few surprise departures but you seem to have accounted for decent wildcard possibilities.  

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

With Thomas committing.. I wonder what that means for Durant and Strickland? 

Obviously the size of this class is subject to change,  with the extra year of eligibility,  transfers in and out, and possible early NFL draft entries.

I would think we take at least 4 DL with the attrition that group had this year.  No idea if it would be split evenly between interior line and DE or not.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

With Thomas committing.. I wonder what that means for Durant and Strickland? 

I read that we recruited Thomas for the Bull position and Teegardin, who is in charge of that position, was one of the main recruiters for him.

Peoples is listed as the recruiter for Durant and Strickland, so I am guessing the staff sees them as a different position than Thomas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andy06 said:

Obviously the size of this class is subject to change,  with the extra year of eligibility,  transfers in and out, and possible early NFL draft entries.

I would think we take at least 4 DL with the attrition that group had this year.  No idea if it would be split evenly between interior line and DE or not.

I just dont think we take 3 "edges". 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

That would be a nice addition. I wonder if someone is committing from the 2022 class or a transfer. But, with the way Wright does his tweets, this could be anything 

Or nothing. He tweets hype stuff like this almost daily. That said they will likely be landing some good recruits so so who knows what he’s talking about.

• Like 1