Potential replacement coaches

2 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I will NOT get duped again. Period

Same. I buy a Powerball ticket once a week just to make sure but it's not like I think I'll hit it. I'm 0-for about 1500 weeks since turning of age. I think that Indy Sports dude posts on here.....but no clue of his history. 

If the implication is if the Celtics are sellers and wait until Thursday....what does that mean about Brad and his loyalty comments? He said they've been loyal to me. I'll do the same. What's changed?

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Same. I buy a Powerball ticket once a week just to make sure but it's not like I think I'll hit it. I'm 0-for about 1500 weeks since turning of age. I think that Indy Sports dude posts on here.....but no clue of his history. 

If the implication is if the Celtics are sellers and wait until Thursday....what does that mean about Brad and his loyalty comments? He said they've been loyal to me. I'll do the same. What's changed?

There’s just gotta not be anything there 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

To be clear, I do NOT buy this at all.

But perhaps being loyal to the Celtics meant waiting an extra week so they could have more leverage at the deadline.... somehow. I'm honestly not sure how him sticking around an extra week would mean there was move leverage for the Celts, but it is all I can come up with. 

• Like 3

I believe @Indykev has stated a few times he expects the new coach to come from the NBA.  Well, I get we are all super focused on the Stevens implications there but maybe we should pay attention to any other team that makes a sell off.  I would be looking at that teams head coach and assistant coaches and see if anyone might align with the IU job.  Don’t just limit things to the Celtics here.

5 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The fact that a coach who had appeared in 3 Sweet 16s in 5 seasons was so disliked by his employer that he was fired 16 games into a season with a record of 9-7. They didn’t give him a chance to right the ship. It wasn’t about breaking rules or a scandal. They just wanted him out the door that bad. Why do you think that was?

Because it was clear he had completely lost the team.  They looked like IU did late this season.

Alford had some success at UCLA, because frankly, most decent coaches could get a lot of talent to win at UCLA.  You're talking southern California...open scrimmages with NBA players...Hollywood.  Not hard to attract talent to that setting.  Alford had a lot of talent and really didn't do much with it.  Team discipline sucked (see China trip) and when he lost the team, it was clear he wasn't getting them back.  Even with his success, he was maddeningly inconsistent and failed to develop talent.  Got an Indiana Mr. Basketball with a lot of talent and never really developed him.

Steve is not his daddy and that's too bad.  Sam was a really good bench coach.  Stevie Mediocre, not so much.  Maybe he's found his water level at Nevada, but a run at IU would end every bit as badly as UCLA, if not worse.  Hopefully, everyone who matters in the decision process understands that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

I believe @Indykev has stated a few times he expects the new coach to come from the NBA.  Well, I get we are all super focused on the Stevens implications there but maybe we should pay attention to any other team that makes a sell off.  I would be looking at that teams head coach and assistant coaches and see if anyone might align with the IU job.  Don’t just limit things to the Celtics here.

Gut feeling only. I Know nothing, The person i get most of my info from says he would be killed if he talked about. First time they ever gave me that line. I WAS also told the same thing this tweet says. watch the NBA trade dead line on Thursday. I HAVE no idea what it means. Thats why my guy says NBA head coach.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Gut feeling only. I Know nothing, The person i get most of my info from says he would be killed if he talked about. First time they ever gave me that line. I WAS also told the same thing this tweet says. watch the NBA trade dead line on Thursday. I HAVE no idea what it means. Thats why my guy says NBA head coach.

Are the Bulls going to buy or sell?  Wink. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ferg 32 said:

Could just mean a coach linked to IUBB is signing a contract with the NBA.

At this point if Dolson hasn’t said it I don’t believe it.

Yeah, after the fact, I realized that comment didn’t really narrow it down all.  Just means connected to IUBB. lol

In terms of “IU guys” and bridging the gap ... doesn’t Beard quasi fit that description?   He coached with RMK and Pat for 10 years combined or so.  He and Pat are best friends. He gushes over IU hoops, etc.  I believe he had Lewis on staff previously for a couple years. 

If he were hired, I assume all this would be addressed.   Yeah, he didn’t play for coach, but this is literally the next best thing. 

Edited by Bustout
  • Like 3

Since the ISP quatrain is being discussed, let me dredge up something related from last Friday, shortly before the Stevens rumors were put to rest:  One of the two "insiders" (I don't remember which one or on what board) said something about a new round of denials coming up but it might be a few days or weeks before it happens and to not get discouraged (very much paraphrased).

As someone who can be prone to over-analyzing things I've thought back to that post several times since.  My pessimist side tells me to knock it off. 🤨

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

In regards to the NBA trade deadline tweet.  Everyone is looking at the Stevens angle.  I have a different one.

Could it be that an NBA team may have an interest in one of the COLLEGE coaches we are also looking at (i.e. Musselman)?

Not likely