Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess I don't really know why people are freaking out. Dolson clearly stated that you wont hear from him again until they hire a coach. He doesn't owe us anything to be honest, so what are people ge

Why do people even say crap like this? What corroborated evidence do you have that we've been missing on so many coaches? What has been so embarrassing? That we haven't hired a new coach barely a week

Finally, someone said it.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

What former players of his came out in his defense?  

I know Barkley and kenny Smith etc took up for him but how often does Barkley and Shaq bust on the young guys egos?  

Not one former or current player of Beilien came to his defense to my knowledge.  I have looked and could not find.  

Also.... I don't really care what guys in that age range think of the comment, I care what guys in their teens and early 20s think. That's who he has to recruit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I’m not sure... You should ask the people who are morally opposed to hiring Alford because of what happened at Iowa.

Alford used religion to pressure the girl to not press charges. How is that even remotely comparable to Archie kicking two guys off the team so that his tallest player was 6'6? 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

How is that even remotely comparable to Archie kicking two guys off the team so that his tallest player was 6'6? 

 

Not what I’m referring to... Like I said, google Matt Kavanaugh and Dyshawn Pierre and take a look at when they played for Dayton.  I’d actually be interested to know what you think, specifically.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Also.... I don't really care what guys in that age range think of the comment, I care what guys in their teens and early 20s think. That's who he has to recruit. 

Exactly.  I get blasted everytime I ask where any of his actual players ever stood up for him.  I have yet to see it.  Maybe it's out there.  For Barkley and Shaq to use it for an opportunity to mock young guys making 10s of millions is an every night occurrence on TNT.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Not what I’m referring to... Like I said, google Matt Kavanaugh and Dyshawn Pierre and take a look at when they played for Dayton.  I’d actually be interested to know what you think, specifically.

I have a call in 10 minutes and based on what your'e saying here I think I'll need time to understand what they did and how Archie responded, so let me circle back to this in a bit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

What former players of his came out in his defense?  

I know Barkley and kenny Smith etc took up for him but how often does Barkley and Shaq bust on the young guys egos?  

Not one former or current player of Beilien came to his defense to my knowledge.  I have looked and could not find.  

Darius Garland defended Beilein during one of their losing skids (after the comment) and Kevin Love said he respected the hell out of him when he got fired. I dont think you say those things to a "racist". Mature people knew the comment was blown up to boot him out. The younger guys on that team were the ones making an issue of it.

There wasn't a single leader on that team. Everyone did their own thing. There is a good article on it from a Cleveland radio writer. If I find it I'll pass it along.

Beilein would not have a problem recruiting kids again in college. Now whether he wants to take over a project like IU this late in his career is the question.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ephul said:

Darius Garland defended Beilein during one of their losing skids (after the comment) and Kevin Love said he respected the hell out of him when he got fired. I dont think you say those things to a "racist". Mature people knew the comment was blown up to boot him out. The younger guys on that team were the ones making an issue of it.

There wasn't a single leader on that team. Everyone did their own thing. There is a good article on it from a Cleveland radio writer. If I find it I'll pass it along.

Beilein would not have a problem recruiting kids again in college. Now whether he wants to take over a project like IU this late in his career is the question.

 

i really think it's amazing that that was a big deal in the first place.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know some don’t like the guy but Stephen A talking about Brad and him potentially getting the blame if the Celtics keep losing.  No matter what the guy is connected in the NBA and has a pulse on what’s going on so I find him talking about this interesting:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=30962882

Edited by iuthruandthru
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I know some don’t like the guy but Stephen A talking about Brad and him potentially getting the blame is Celtics keep losing.  No matter what the guy is come in the NBA and has a plus on what’s going on so I find him talking about this interesting:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=30962882

Sounds familiar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I know some don’t like the guy but Stephen A talking about Brad and him potentially getting the blame if the Celtics keep losing.  No matter what the guy is connected in the NBA and has a pulse on what’s going on so I find him talking about this interesting:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=30962882

VERY interesting. He said almost the complete opposite a few days earlier. He might have found out something.

BUT..... IMO (whatever thats worth lol ), even if Stevens is fired by the Celtics, he will get another NBA job offer immediately. Now, can IU make them seem like a better situation than lets say, the Suns? Or even the Pacers? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JugRox said:

VERY interesting. He said almost the complete opposite a few days earlier. He might have found out something.

BUT..... IMO (whatever thats worth lol ), even if Stevens is fired by the Celtics, he will get another NBA job offer immediately. Now, can IU make them seem like a better situation than lets say, the Suns? Or even the Pacers? 

I think that’s the real question.  Would he entertain college offers like IU?  I think he would but it would have to be a lot of money IMO.  I think something like the Pacers job is an interesting one to point out

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iuthruandthru said:

I think that’s the real question.  Would he entertain college offers like IU?  I think he would but it would have to be a lot of money IMO.  I think something like the Pacers job is an interesting one to point out

I doubt the Pacers will fire their coach after one year

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I doubt the Pacers will fire their coach after one year

What NBA jobs would open up that he would pick over IU?

The Spurs? Dallas? Knicks? 

And would a team like the Jazz or 76ers fire their coach to get Stevens?

Edited by JugRox
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JugRox said:

What NBA jobs would open up that he would pick over IU?

The Spurs? Dallas? Knicks? 

And would a team like the Jazz or 76ers fire their coach to get Stevens?

The Jazz and 76ers have two of the best coaches in the NBA, arguably both are better than Stevens. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Alford is the next guy, I'd support him.   He didn't commit the crime and yes he was wrong prematurely defending pierce and he understands that he made a mistake. I guess one could believe he knew the player was guilty all along and did everything he could to benefit his basketball team. I don't feel that is the case. Have there been further incidents like this in his other programs?  I'm also not opposed to him being the guy because i think he could do a good job.  Though IMO, Wittman is maybe as good or a better coach as are a few others.  I'd certainly look at Stevens, Beard, Drew, Musselman or Matta before getting to Alford.

I have always liked the Mitch Henderson guy at Princeton.  Recent 3 years have been kind of mediocre for Princeton and who knows if he could recruit.   

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2013/04/11/ucla-steve-alford-sexual-assault-pierce-iowa-2002/2074995/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ATX_sig said:

If Alford is the next guy, I'd support him.   He didn't commit the crime and yes he was wrong prematurely defending pierce and he understands that he made a mistake. I guess one could believe he knew the player was guilty all along and did everything he could to benefit his basketball team. I don't feel that is the case. Have there been further incidents like this in his other programs?  I'm also not opposed to him being the guy because i think he could do a good job.  Though IMO, Wittman is maybe as good or a better coach as are a few others.  I'd certainly look at Stevens, Beard, Drew, Musselman or Matta before getting to Alford.

I have always liked the Mitch Henderson guy at Princeton.  Recent 3 years have been kind of mediocre for Princeton and who knows if he could recruit.   

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2013/04/11/ucla-steve-alford-sexual-assault-pierce-iowa-2002/2074995/

We know Alford’s ceiling. I’d rather take ANOTHER shot at a mid major who COULD be the next superstar coach then settle for one we know will NOT be.

And this is aside from the fact I just plain don’t want a retread like Alford who wouldn’t be in anyone’s list if he wasn’t an IU guy.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@FW_Hoosier I'm looking and really struggling to find anything similar between those situations and what Alford did with the incident at Iowa. Can you send some articles? 

I have a big issue when coaches are part of a cover up for sexual assault, if Archie has done that then yeah, I have a big issue with that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I doubt the Pacers will fire their coach after one year

I would never be surprised by an NBA coaching move.  I can think of a few that last 50 games or less lol.  But pacers do seem to not be in a terrible position right now so you are likely correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JugRox said:

What NBA jobs would open up that he would pick over IU?

The Spurs? Dallas? Knicks? 

And would a team like the Jazz or 76ers fire their coach to get Stevens?

Jazz has the best record in the NBA and Sixers just hired Doc Rivers

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Are any of them better than Stevens

Is Ty Lue a better coach than Doc rivers?    Why did the pacers get rid of Carlisle? We Mav fans are happy.  The point is in the NBA they often make changes to make changes.  To shake things up and hear a different voice. The Celtics look pretty stale right now. If I were a betting man, I'd bet stevens is still coaching the Celtics next year at this time but who knows.

Edited by ATX_sig
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I have a call in 10 minutes and based on what your'e saying here I think I'll need time to understand what they did and how Archie responded, so let me circle back to this in a bit. 

Here is one summary about the matter.  Being in Dayton for the last 35 years, I do remember a little about the incidents.Dyshawn Pierre suspended over sexual assault allegation (larrybrownsports.com)  Seemed to be handled by the University of Dayton and by Archie Miller as the issues should have been handled. Fred Glass trusts Archie Miller's decision making off the court (indypressfoundation.org)

Edited by Air Ball
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Air Ball said:

Here is one summary about the matter.  Being in Dayton for the last 35 years, I do remember a little about the incidents.Dyshawn Pierre suspended over sexual assault allegation (larrybrownsports.com)  Seemed to be handled by the University of Dayton and by Archie Miller as the issues should have been handled. Fred Glass trusts Archie Miller's decision making off the court (indypressfoundation.org)

That is pretty similar to what I found on the incidents; I'm not seeing where Archie covered anything up or pressured anyone to make it go away. If he did that, I have a problem with it, I'm just not seeing where he did that. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...