Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JugRox said:

VERY interesting. He said almost the complete opposite a few days earlier. He might have found out something.

BUT..... IMO (whatever thats worth lol ), even if Stevens is fired by the Celtics, he will get another NBA job offer immediately. Now, can IU make them seem like a better situation than lets say, the Suns? Or even the Pacers? 

You double his pay. He has complete control of the program and has to do only two alumni functions a year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess I don't really know why people are freaking out. Dolson clearly stated that you wont hear from him again until they hire a coach. He doesn't owe us anything to be honest, so what are people ge

Why do people even say crap like this? What corroborated evidence do you have that we've been missing on so many coaches? What has been so embarrassing? That we haven't hired a new coach barely a week

Finally, someone said it.

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

You double his pay. He has complete control of the program and has to do only two alumni functions a year. 

Before the extension last fall, Stevens was making 3.6 million a year. Terms of the extension are not public. FYI

Have no idea what he makes, going to guess its north of 6 million. 

Edited by JugRox
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Before the extension last fall, Stevens was making 3.6 million a year. Terms of the extension are not public. FYI

Have no idea what he makes, going to guess its north of 6 million. 

Could be right. Seems a bit of a jump from 3.6 to 6+ but what do I know 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't say it 100% won't happen, but I will be really shocked of Brad Stevens isn't the coach of the Celtics this time next year. 

I've said it before but Wyc and Danny don't operate that way. They don't care about fan pressure. My last year there fans were calling for Doc to be fired, then the following year he lost 17 straight games and fans were screaming for his head, yet firing Doc was never even a topic in the front office. 

Some things far crazier than a losing season would need to happen for them to fire him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I won't say it 100% won't happen, but I will be really shocked of Brad Stevens isn't the coach of the Celtics this time next year. 

I've said it before but Wyc and Danny don't operate that way. They don't care about fan pressure. My last year there fans were calling for Doc to be fired, then the following year he lost 17 straight games and fans were screaming for his head, yet firing Doc was never even a topic in the front office. 

Some things far crazier than a losing season would need to happen for them to fire him. 

Like I said yesterday that he has been to 2 straight EC finals and you don't fire a coach after 1 bad year.  It is like firing a college coach after going to 2 straight final fours.  Also this season is not even half way over for the Celtics so they can get it turned around

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Like I said yesterday that he has been to 2 straight EC finals and you don't fire a coach after 1 bad year.  It is like firing a college coach after going to 2 straight final fours.  Also this season is not even half way over for the Celtics so they can get it turned around

Exactly. They had the best record in the East before covid hit the team and they were without Tatum, Theis and Thompson. 

While those guys were out Kemba came back, then once they came back Smart and Brown got hurt. 

It's been a rocky several weeks in terms 9f guys being available and getting reacclimated. 

He's playing guys like Semi Ojeleye and Aaron Nesmith big minutes right now, and Kemba still isn't in full go. 

As Danny said, its a roster and health issue, not a coaching issue. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Exactly. They had the best record in the East before covid hit the team and they were without Tatum, Theis and Thompson. 

While those guys were out Kemba came back, then once they came back Smart and Brown got hurt. 

It's been a rocky several weeks in terms 9f guys being available and getting reacclimated. 

He's playing guys like Semi Ojeleye and Aaron Nesmith big minutes right now, and Kemba still isn't in full go. 

As Danny said, its a roster and health issue, not a coaching issue. 

Also saw where Tatum is having trouble coming back from Covid.  I am not an athlete but I can attest to it can take awhile to get back to normal after Covid

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Exactly. They had the best record in the East before covid hit the team and they were without Tatum, Theis and Thompson. 

While those guys were out Kemba came back, then once they came back Smart and Brown got hurt. 

It's been a rocky several weeks in terms 9f guys being available and getting reacclimated. 

He's playing guys like Semi Ojeleye and Aaron Nesmith big minutes right now, and Kemba still isn't in full go. 

As Danny said, its a roster and health issue, not a coaching issue. 

Agreed...but just let us have hope...right now we have none with what we got.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I am trying to convince myself that there is a sliver of hope for us to get Stevens.  I have been thinking of replacements and I have a voice telling me Stevens will be the next coach.  It is probably my hopes coming through or that I am hearing voices

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dgambill said:

Agreed...but just let us have hope...right now we have none with what we got.

I know, I questioned whether to even chime in, but too many people think Stevens is a serious candidate. 

I can't take another Billy Donovan fiasco. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think I am trying to convince myself that there is a sliver of hope for us to get Stevens.  I have been thinking of replacements and I have a voice telling me Stevens will be the next coach.  It is probably my hopes coming through or that I am hearing voices

Scott - don't argue with the voice

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

@FW_Hoosier I'm looking and really struggling to find anything similar between those situations and what Alford did with the incident at Iowa. Can you send some articles? 

I have a big issue when coaches are part of a cover up for sexual assault, if Archie has done that then yeah, I have a big issue with that. 

Definitely not the exact same situations.  I’m just always interested to see where the line gets drawn.  Seems like Alford always gets bashed for the Pierce thing, but no one ever mentions Archie starting multiple accused rapists at Dayton after they served lengthy suspensions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Definitely not the exact same situations.  I’m just always interested to see where the line gets drawn.  Seems like Alford always gets bashed for the Pierce thing, but no one ever mentions Archie starting multiple accused rapists at Dayton after they served lengthy suspensions.

I mean to be candid I don't love that, but I do think there's a difference in letting guys come back after a lengthy suspension that didn't have charges pressed vs pressuring a girl to not press charges through a religious organization. 

This was actually new information for me to learn he let those two back on the team. My gut says that while I don't love it, I'm not sure about permanently kicking guys off that never had charges pressed. But I also know how problematic rape is, particularly on college campuses and that it is very hard to make charges stick. Probably even more so for athletes. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

Could be right. Seems a bit of a jump from 3.6 to 6+ but what do I know 

$6 M sounds right because my recollection is that Billy Donavan is getting that from the Bulls.  So from a going rate standpoint $6 M makes sense.  

As a tangent, speaking of BD, he’s about the biggest longshot of them all right now. He just got to Chicago and he’s got them sixth in the East with a fairly crap team that gives you a headache if you try to watch them for more than 5 minutes.  

He’s paid a lot, and just got there.  I couldn’t see him leaving. I wouldn’t be shocked if he took Kentucky someday but the timing now wouldn’t make sense. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean to be candid I don't love that, but I do think there's a difference in letting guys come back after a lengthy suspension that didn't have charges pressed vs pressuring a girl to not press charges through a religious organization. 

This was actually new information for me to learn he let those two back on the team. My gut says that while I don't love it, I'm not sure about permanently kicking guys off that never had charges pressed. But I also know how problematic rape is, particularly on college campuses and that it is very hard to make charges stick. Probably even more so for athletes. 

In the article I read about Kavanaugh the author says, "The school cooperated with the police, UD did not discourage anyone from talking to authorities (there was no “wall of silence”), the accused was not threatened via text by other UD players/students."

So that right there is already very different from how Alford handled the situation at Iowa.

It's a difficult situation. I tend to believe the victims but can also see the reasoning for letting them back on the team after lengthy suspensions when no charges were filed.

https://www.blackburnreview.com/2013/03/29/the-intolerable-case-of-matt-kavanaugh/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

In the article I read about Kavanaugh the author says, "The school cooperated with the police, UD did not discourage anyone from talking to authorities (there was no “wall of silence”), the accused was not threatened via text by other UD players/students."

So that right there is already very different from how Alford handled the situation at Iowa.

It's a difficult situation. I tend to believe the victims but can also see the reasoning for letting them back on the team after lengthy suspensions when no charges were filed.

https://www.blackburnreview.com/2013/03/29/the-intolerable-case-of-matt-kavanaugh/

Yeah I agree. I don't like it and am uncomfortable with it, but I'm not sure it was the wrong thing to do either. 

I will say this, though, if that happened at IU I wouldn't want the kid back on the team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

 

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 9.05.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 9.05.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 9.06.01 AM.png

Great list, and outstanding combination of stats and Indiana related information.  Very impressive. 

Mussellman could be an outstanding option. Love his quotes about wanting his daughter to experience Assembly Hall due to historical significance. He would seem to "get it". 

Also informative to see his desire to adapt to player strengths and situations. With his NBA background, and having coached on the biggest stage, could be a great option.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to stir pot a little. Not that I feel there is a real chance to land him but found this quote funny.

 

Yahoo Sports

Brad Stevens says his identity was stolen during Celtics' very bad week

Jack Baer
Jack Baer
·Writer
Thu, February 25, 2021, 9:08 PM
 
 

Boston Celtics head coach Brad Stevens has had better weeks.

 

"I was just telling my wife, I had a root canal and my identity stolen last week and I think those were two of my better days in the last eight days. It's just been what it is," Stevens said.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...