2021 MLB Season

5fouls

For the Cubs brethren on here. I've seen enough. Marisnick needs to be playing in Center daily. He's been bounced around for 8 years between Marlins, Astros, Mets.....but came up with Yelich as same type of guy. 

All I know is Ian Happ isn't going to be the answer ever. 

• Like 1

Stunning story about former major leaguer Drew Robinson, who attempted suicide by shooting himself in the head last year in April during the initial stages of the pandemic. 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30800732/san-francisco-giants-outfielder-drew-robinson-remarkable-second-act

He survived at home for 20 hours without medical attention after shooting himself before he decided to call 911.  Here is an excerpt that described his injury.

When the bullet entered Drew's head, it almost immediately ruptured his right eyeball. It continued across the orbital wall and through the ethmoid sinuses, the hollow areas around the nose. It fractured his frontal sinus, causing the leakage of cerebrospinal fluid, which poses significant infection risk. It missed the sinus' major arteries, which, if struck, could have caused catastrophic bleeding. The bullet whistled past his left orbital floor and out above his left cheekbone, millimeters from ruining his other eye.

And oh, by the way.  He just made the Giants AAA roster.

Edited by 5fouls

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

For the Cubs brethren on here. I've seen enough. Marisnick needs to be playing in Center daily. He's been bounced around for 8 years between Marlins, Astros, Mets.....but came up with Yelich as same type of guy. 

Didn't Happ finish Top 20 in MVP voting last year?  LOL

Bote is another guy that I have been disappointed in.  I had him penciled in for a 20/80/.270 guy.

• Like 1

Weird stat.  

So far this season NL teams are a combined 27 games over .500 at home.  10 teams have a winning record at home.

Meanwhile, the AL is a combined  9 games under .500 at home.  Only 6 teams have a winning record at home.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Well, Schwarber is hitting .181 with only 2 homers for the Nationals.  Kyle might be out of the league in 2-3 years if he does not turn things around.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Well, Schwarber is hitting .181 with only 2 homers for the Nationals.  Kyle might be out of the league in 2-3 years if he does not turn things around.

Kyle will reinvent himself in a Reds uniform.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Really struggling with what's going on with him and can't put my finger on it. Here's a player who took the league by storm in 2nd half of 15, worked back from knee injury to have key hits in 16 World Series....had 30, 26, and 38 dongs before shortened season last year but the guy has lost whatever idea of hitting for average is.

33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Really struggling with what's going on with him and can't put my finger on it. Here's a player who took the league by storm in 2nd half of 15, worked back from knee injury to have key hits in 16 World Series....had 30, 26, and 38 dongs before shortened season last year but the guy has lost whatever idea of hitting for average is.

Is it me or is Joc Pederson almost the same player as Kyle?

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep! But $3M cheaper for the counting their pennies crowd.

And by the "counting their pennies crowd" I assume you are referring to Ricketts?

Geez, I wish MLB would have let Cuban buy the Chubs(not a typo).

Edited by rico
  • Like 1