Assistant Coaches??

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I must say that I'm surprised at some of the people who seem to be perfectly okay with this.  I think a lot of that is trust in Mike Woodson.  But, let's admit it's more about faith in Woody than faith in Rosemand.  If UK was hiring Rosemand, a lot of people defending him coming to IU would look at it as confirmation that Cal is sleazy. 

I am not saying Romeo did anything wrong but most were fine with his Dad getting 200k to coach his Adidas AAU team. The kids that want money will get it from someone.  I have said many times I have no issue playing in the gray area. I was around when the Administrative staff had people spying on every aspect in hopes of finding something to report to the NCAA. I see nothing wrong with this hire.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am not saying Romeo did anything wrong but most were fine with his Dad getting 200k to coach his Adidas AAU team. The kids that want money will get it from someone.  I have said many times I have no issue playing in the gray area. I was around when the Administrative staff had people spying on every aspect in hopes of finding something to report to the NCAA. I see nothing wrong with this hire.

Theres A Grey Area And Thats Where You Operate GIFs - Get the best GIF on  GIPHY

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am thankful there are not that  many perfect people out there like you that don't believe in second chances. Maybe he as an assistant trying to move up did what he was told. Does not make it right but might speak to loyalty which as a head coach I think loyalty is pretty high on the list of things you want with your assistant coaches.

Is this really necessary?  I have a tremendous amount of respect for you and empathy for the challenges you've faced with you son.  Nowhere did I say I was perfect, and I certainly do not believe that to be the case.  I am not against second chances, but I think we have to make sure it is the right situation.  The IU basketball program has not recovered from the last second chance we gave.  While Yasir might be deserving of a second chance, I'm not sure I think IU is in a position to give it.  Just my thoughts, nothing else.

• Like 1

Everyone really needs to stop with the holier than thou attitude when it comes to IU basketball. IU’s had more players get paid in recent years than people want to admit they just didn’t get caught. Rosemond got caught up in the investigation. He was willing to talk about setting up payments for players but it didn’t end up happening so he was cleared. Who knows but after that whole mess he might not want to do that ever again and he learned from past mistakes. He deserves a chance before fans start judging.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

So it sounds like we have our 3rd and final assistant coach, this Rosemond guy?

Does that mean Roberts is out, or does anyone have any info on what he's going to do? Can't imagine CMW getting rid of an IU guy, so maybe he keeps him on in a different role??

Apologies if this has already been discussed, it's difficult to keep up with everything lately.

8 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Everyone really needs to stop with the holier than thou attitude when it comes to IU basketball. IU’s had more players get paid in recent years than people want to admit they just didn’t get caught. Rosemond got caught up in the investigation. He was willing to talk about setting up payments for players but it didn’t end up happening so he was cleared. Who knows but after that whole mess he might not want to do that ever again and he learned from past mistakes. He deserves a chance before fans start judging.

Which one is it?  Is it ok for him to arrange for payments or he’s a changed man, now?

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

When did wanting things done the right way with minimal risk become the wrong attitude?  asking for a friend.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Well IU fans use to be proud of winning the right way.  It saddens me seeing so many newer fans not caring about how we win

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I see the real Scott has taken control of his account.  That earlier guy was obviously an imposter.

I am not saying hiring this guy will lead us to cheat.  I trust Woodson and Dolson if they bring him on. What I don't like is the attitude of some of the fans not caring if we cheat ad long as we win.  I don't believe in the gray area because you are either cheating it you are not.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am not saying hiring this guy will lead us to cheat.  I trust Woodson and Dolson if they bring him on. What I don't like is the attitude of some of the fans not caring if we cheat ad long as we win.  I don't believe in the gray area because you are either cheating it you are not.

I don't think anyone is advocating cheating. Maybe "stretch, the rules a little, but not cheating.

At least that's my take....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I disagree with you on the grey area.  That’s just good business.  You’re not breaking a rule by the letter of the law.  Or you’re figuring out ways to function within the rules to get an edge.  That’s not cheating.  

I don’t know the rule book, but if there is a way for a player’s dad to operate an AAU team that allows him to get paid by a shoe firm, by all means go for it. 

But where I’m not on board is outright cheating, where you have bags of cash funneled around via agents to runners or directly to players or their family, outside the rules.   

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I don't think anyone is advocating cheating. Maybe "stretch, the rules a little, but not cheating.

At least that's my take....

The thing is this guy tried to do more then stretch the rules, he tried to go full nuclear. Hopefully that is a thing of the past with him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

In virtually every NFL play, an O-lineman is holding, a D-back is holding, or both.

Sometimes they get caught, imo more times they don’t. If the refs decide not to call a close game, the players take advantage.

Is this cheating? Sure it is. But you and I accept it as players taking whatever edges they can. Kinda gray area? Sure, just like what some are suggesting. Are some things just accepted by fans? Yes sir. You probably accept them as well.

No one is advocating hollowing out a bat or deflating balls. However nothing wrong with scuffing the ball a little before throwing it back to the pitcher. Nothing wrong with living on the edge a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, but this is disqualifying to me. Even to those who argue everyone is doing it, not everyone is on videotape. And, this doesn't sound like a guy acting upon direction of his head coach. It sounds like a guy who's willing to do anything to be a head coach some day. Sounds like the only thing that kept Rosemond from walking out with cash and facing charges was the caliber of his recruits.

Among the other coaches whom Blazer said he, Dawkins and the undercover FBI agent met with in Las Vegas were Yasir Rosemond (Alabama), Anthony Coleman (Arizona State), Amir Abdur-Rahim (Texas A&M and now Kennesaw State's head coach) and Raphael Chillious (UConn).

Blazer testified that Dawkins didn't pay, or set up payments, to those coaches because they "just didn't have any good players at that time."

Dawkins made similar comments to Rosemond: "You're recruiting a kid that needs some s---, you know, we can facilitate." Rosemond replied he would introduce them to his recruits, telling Dawkins, "Whatever you need me to do, I'll do it. I ain't got no dog in the fight. One day be a head coach."

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

There is no such thing as a little cheating.  It is like you being a little pregnant

Do you know why Nancy Knight divorced coach Knight? I do but won’t put it here! Someone else that posts here mentioned to you if you really knew what went on with the players you wouldn’t have anyone to root for! I get what you are saying it just isn’t real I personally saw an envelope handed to a recruits parent at the memorial tournament at assembly hall and that was before Sampson! There are a lot of other incidents I could tell you about as well! But they are still good kids that graduated for the most part although some didn’t and paid for other mistakes they made. You aren’t going to find perfect people in this world because everyone makes mistakes! The holier than others look is a bit smug and not realistic 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1