Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All the handwringing over this hire is ridiculous.  Mike Woodson is an NBA guy who clearly understands the reality of how college basketball recruiting works.  It looks like IU might finally be ready

Very good interview. Dane is smart, insightful, and is great with the English language.  Few things I recall: IU hasn’t gotten it right the past 20 years because they’ve tried to re-brand. It

Peegs is reporting Hunter to remain on staff as assistant coach.

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

doorknobs are soooooooo much better.  old school.  tradition.  

Okay, Scott. Go back to watching your old Bob Vila repair shows. I know This Old House was much better than any of the reno shows on HGTV.

🤪

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Okay, Scott. Go back to watching your old Bob Vila repair shows. I know This Old House was much better than any of the reno shows on HGTV.

🤪

I say this with 100% sincerity: This Old House is 10000% better than HGTV.  I'm a builder, and HGTV is good for design ideas, but otherwise is rubbish.  This Old House gives people a much more realistic perspective of construction, and, more importantly, timelines and cost.

Edited by rogue3542
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

I say this with 100% sincerity: This Old House is 10000% better than HGTV.  I'm a builder, and HGTV is good for design ideas, but otherwise is rubbish.  This Old House gives people a much more realistic perspective of construction, and, more importantly, timelines and cost.

Roku channel has This Old House. I’ll turn it on for hours at a time on lazy Saturdays

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Too bad we don't have their roster...  :coffee:

Wouldn't shock me at all if Woodson starts out hot on the recruiting trail. (1) He's the shiny new thing and (2) He can legitimately compare favorably to Howard's NBA experience and we all know how Howard hit the ground running.

If course he'll have to back it up on the court or his hot start will peter out just like it did for Penny Hardaway and Patrick Ewing.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I say this with 100% sincerity: This Old House is 10000% better than HGTV.  I'm a builder, and HGTV is good for design ideas, but otherwise is rubbish.  This Old House gives people a much more realistic perspective of construction, and, more importantly, timelines and cost.

That's a very doorknobbian point of view.

🙃

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am intrigued by the idea of the brain trust that is potentially being put together for the program.  There are of course concerns about how this will play out and whether or not the personalities will mesh.  However, I like the idea of having the this level of basketball knowledge and experience onboard.  Our culture, in general, does not have much respect for older people with vast experience, but in the appropriate situation, they can have a great deal to offer.  If we can combine this knowledge and experience with the right assistant coaches, it could be very effective.  If we are looking to bring in a younger assistant and train him/her to be the next head coach, what an amazing staff of mentors for that person to learn from.  I am going to support our staff and program and I am looking forward to seeing how this works.

Edited by IUB74
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Wouldn't shock me at all if Woodson starts out hot on the recruiting trail. (1) He's the shiny new thing and (2) He can legitimately compare favorably to Howard's NBA experience and we all know how Howard hit the ground running.

If course he'll have to back it up on the court or his hot start will peter out just like it did for Penny Hardaway and Patrick Ewing.

Jalen Washington, come on down! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, madmax said:

Bill Comar, who served in the same role under Archie, sat on the bench during games. Your point stands-who knows what all he can or can’t do, or whether or not Matta will sit with the coaches, but Comar was right there. Shown here to the left of the assistants.

6D84CA9A-21FA-4926-AC35-6F6B740945C0.jpeg

I don't remember Comar.  But I do recall reading about a similar position under Sampson (maybe) which was filled by an ex-college coach.  I don't remember his name.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, madtownhoosier said:

Can someone tell me how to change my avatar?

 

If you are on a PC, go to the upper right corner, click on teh dropdown by your screen name and select 'Profile'.  Then just upload a picture where you see your 'M' emblem.  

If you are on a phone, not sure how to do it.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised we haven't heard any news on this front yet. This staff needs to be world class.  Anyone hearing anything outside of Larry Brown?  Keeping previous staff members to appease current players is not forward thinking.  I feel bad for those guys, but we can't screw this up again.  Maybe its just me wanting to purge all things associated with Archie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HoobieDoobie said:

Surprised we haven't heard any news on this front yet. This staff needs to be world class.  Anyone hearing anything outside of Larry Brown?  Keeping previous staff members to appease current players is not forward thinking.  I feel bad for those guys, but we can't screw this up again.  Maybe its just me wanting to purge all things associated with Archie.

Mike Roberts is still around Laz said he went to Cook Hall to see Woodson and Mike let him in. He said Mata was meeting with a player in one office and Woodson was meeting with a player in another office. I was surprised to hear Mata was meeting with a player one on one without Woodson. Speeding up the process I guess.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

I say this with 100% sincerity: This Old House is 10000% better than HGTV.  I'm a builder, and HGTV is good for design ideas, but otherwise is rubbish.  This Old House gives people a much more realistic perspective of construction, and, more importantly, timelines and cost.

This is so true, generally speaking the folks on This Old House are actually craftsman, I do agree the renovation shows are nice for ideas in general. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Woody mentioned in one interview I saw with him yesterday that he was going to start making calls today to guys he wanted to talk to. I wonder how long until some of those guys jump on board. 

I would think in the next week some name or 2 will come out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Indykev said:

I would think in the next week some name or 2 will come out.

Are their going to be AAU events this summer?  Haven’t we not officially hired an assistant before so he wouldn’t be limited to the days he attended? If there are no AAU events, there is no point, but if there is I wonder if we might try that again. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...