Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Duncomb might a little undervalued in regards to this coming season... to have him as our 3rd "big." 6'10 230lbs now. Played big boy basketball in OH and played for IE. Kids well seasoned. I feel comfortable having him for 6-8 mins a night. I really do. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look at the roster as it stands now? All kidding aside, compare it to every other big ten roster. Why (beyond we got used to sucking) do we think we can not compete for the top? Not say

I just want the pride back...and right now I am proud.  

They have already met my expectations as I am finally pumped and excited to turn on the tube for an IU game again. I missed that "rush" as the game approaches. Now, I can not wait!

Posted Images

I expect to see 4 things starting this upcoming season:

1. Better basketball - Offense and Defense

2. More intensity from the players

3. More wins and back in the discussion for Conference Championships.

4. Deeper tournament runs (B1G and NCAA).

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IUaic said:

I expect to see 4 things starting this upcoming season:

1. Better basketball - Offense and Defense

2. More intensity from the players

3. More wins and back in the discussion for Conference Championships.

4. Deeper tournament runs (B1G and NCAA).

I mean this in a completely joking manner... do any of us not expect those things to start? Is there really anything else to accomplish? lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

Not sure about wins or Big 10 finish.  What I want for next year is for opposing players to walk into Assembly Hall, hear 17,000 screaming fans, look at the coaches and players on our side, and pee their pants thinking about what is about to hit them.  I think we are getting there.

Yep.

For starters, with the coaching change the atmosphere in the Hall will go from potentially toxic to electric. The booing at the BT tourney was a precursor of next year if Archie had been retained. The “welcome back” applause for Woodson should be off the charts.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I mean this in a completely joking manner... do any of us not expect those things to start? Is there really anything else to accomplish? lol 

I would hope so. I also think it is too early to predict where we think we should finish as the portal is still hanging out there as a way to completely rebuild a team.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Next year's expectations...? Rob Phinisee to hit jumpers and play stellar D. Lander to hit layups. TJD to be able to use both hands and be a double-double factory. Our new guards to play smack the floor defense on every possession of every game.  This team I think has the potential to be loaded...why you ask?

TJD staying made a huge statement. He's an all Big 10 player and a preseason all american next year, and he wants to continue to be better.   Armaan leaving, eh...he did what he felt was best for him. I think the potential of Geronimo at the 4 is intriguing, especially when he hit a couple of outside shots last year. The rest of our roster is filled with talent. 

I thought our energy during games last year was at least loud. I expect it to be even more engaging and louder this year. I hate the fact that next season is 7 months away. Sorry for rambling. Just excited. Haven't been in quite some time. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1.  Get to 20 wins first

2.  Protect home court

3.  Become B1G contender

4.  Then postseason takes care of itself

 

My guess is Indiana will bounce back next season, and may even get to 20 wins, which would be an excellent debut for Coach Woodson, as the team finished 12-15 this year.  

Edited by Fundamentals
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rico said:

I just want the pride back...and right now I am proud.  

This....I'm about ready to dust off those IU pull overs and zip ups from the closet because I was too ashamed to wear them for the last 5 years.....think I might need to go on a diet though! Might have put on 5-10 lbs since then lol.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, aaprice14 said:
  • Winning the first home game
  • Get to 20 wins
  • Make the NCAA Tournament
  • Beat Purdue 

So basically....defeat Bizzaro Superman and return us from the alternate universe known as Bizarro World where we have been held captive for the last 30 years. Sounds good to me!! Hopefully they base a movie on it too!

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, IUaic said:

I expect to see 4 things starting this upcoming season:

1. Better basketball - Offense and Defense

2. More intensity from the players

3. More wins and back in the discussion for Conference Championships.

4. Deeper tournament runs (B1G and NCAA).

Yes, love it.   I think you will see an edgier, more competitive posture and attitude too.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Duncomb might a little undervalued in regards to this coming season... to have him as our 3rd "big." 6'10 230lbs now. Played big boy basketball in OH and played for IE. Kids well seasoned. I feel comfortable having him for 6-8 mins a night. I really do. 

I like what he gives us too. My only worry is if and when Trayce leaves the floor or the program is we have no shot blocker/rim protector. Logan is going to be a good player but that is really not a strength of his.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I like what he gives us too. My only worry is if and when Trayce leaves the floor or the program is we have no shot blocker/rim protector. Logan is going to be a good player but that is really not a strength of his.

As much as rosters shuffle these days, I expect our staff will find ways to plug/upgrade holes. Not worried about that.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

As much as rosters shuffle these days, I expect our staff will find ways to plug/upgrade holes. Not worried about that.

Before Trayce who would you say is the last shot blocker/rim protector we've had. Thomas Bryant?? Kinda by default but I wouldn't say he was all defensive B1G player. Just haven't had a lot of those "ERASER" type players on the back end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Currently, IU is projected to go 16-10 (11-8), #6 in B1G, #22 overall in the T-Rank Projections with transfers Xavier Johnson & Parker Stewart getting the 2nd & 3rd highest usage.

 

My hopes:

-Top 5 finish in B1G

-Beat Purdue

-1-2 wins in tourney

This all seems about right. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Before Trayce who would you say is the last shot blocker/rim protector we've had. Thomas Bryant?? Kinda by default but I wouldn't say he was all defensive B1G player. Just haven't had a lot of those "ERASER" type players on the back end.

True, but really that is not a weapon all teams have. I do not think Baylor or Gonzaga really had a player that fits that description. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Currently, IU is projected to go 16-10 (11-8), #6 in B1G, #22 overall in the T-Rank Projections with transfers Xavier Johnson & Parker Stewart getting the 2nd & 3rd highest usage.

 

My hopes:

-Top 5 finish in B1G

-Beat Purdue

-1-2 wins in tourney

I would figure we would go back to playing 20 conference games and 12 non conference games so those totals are not accurate

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would figure we would go back to playing 20 conference games and 12 non conference games so those totals are not accurate

I think it's 11 non-conference games. 31 total.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...