2021 Transfer Portal

btownqb

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Apparently we just got a grad transfer from Texas AM. WR Camron Buckley

https://247sports.com/Player/Camron-Buckley-80982/

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/camron-buckley-1.html

6'2 190lbs

No clue the type of WR he is...but Jimbo Fisher doesn't recruit bad players. Cedar Hill is a factory too. Love the types of kids we are attracting obviously. Since this has never happened before.

• Like 1

Good size and had a very good recruiting ranking coming out of high school.  I saw his clips and he got down the field.  He’s coming off a missed year due to a knee but he should be very solid for us.  Our receivers room is deep, experienced and talented.  Fryfogle, of course, is rated as one of the best receivers in the country.  Matthews is talented.  Now you add an experienced guy in Buckley.  But we also have Marshall who is a beast in the red zone and Swinton impresses me.  And on and on.  

If we run 11 personnel, I suspect we can move our guys around.  I think Fry, Matthews, and Buckley can all move around and play in the slot or outside. Gives us a lot of flexibility and get some good matchups.  Lot of optionality and versatility. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno

53 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Good size and had a very good recruiting ranking coming out of high school.  I saw his clips and he got down the field.  He’s coming off a missed year due to a knee but he should be very solid for us.  Our receivers room is deep, experienced and talented.  Fryfogle, of course, is rated as one of the best receivers in the country.  Matthews is talented.  Now you add an experienced guy in Buckley.  But we also have Marshall who is a beast in the red zone and Swinton impresses me.  And on and on.  

If we run 11 personnel, I suspect we can move our guys around.  I think Fry, Matthews, and Buckley can all move around and play in the slot or outside. Gives us a lot of flexibility and get some good matchups.  Lot of optionality and versatility. 

I like Hewitt too. 

• Thanks 1

Am I missing something regarding Buckley? It looks like he only started 1 game his Jr year and had 11 catches. He "slid down the depth chart" ? No doubt he has some talent as his stats his first two years attest but was there something aside from the injury going on? I thought we had pretty good quality and depth at WR so not sure where he fits in. I guess adding SEC speed and experience can't hurt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Am I missing something regarding Buckley? It looks like he only started 1 game his Jr year and had 11 catches. He "slid down the depth chart" ? No doubt he has some talent as his stats his first two years attest but was there something aside from the injury going on? I thought we had pretty good quality and depth at WR so not sure where he fits in. I guess adding SEC speed and experience can't hurt.

You’re right he hasn’t put up prolific numbers but my recollection from looking earlier is that he had 60 or so catches for around 800 yards for his career so he did have some production.  

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

You’re right he hasn’t put up prolific numbers but my recollection from looking earlier is that he had 60 or so catches for around 800 yards for his career so he did have some production.  

Seems like he was very productive his first 2 years. Unsure why his playing time dropped off so much as a Jr and then guess was injured as a Sr. 

• Like 1

Shockingly, I actually have some information on Buckley.  I've been told he is a GREAT young man by someone who lives deep in the heart of....  I was also told that TAM is LOADED at WR.  IU may be getting a young man who may be a back up at AM, but might start for a whole bunch of programs just because of AMs talent at WR.  He was injured last year.  This seems like a great fit to me.  If he isn't good enough to play, then IU at least gets a great young man.  If he is good enough to push Marshall and a couple of the other young WRs then we will be better off for the competition.  I'm in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3