A long meandering debate about Luke Brown (not the next Damon Bailey) and various other off-topic discussions

Great career for Luke. Amazing player. Hope to catch a game or two when he comes in town. That said I think it's time to take this to the Stetson board. Perhaps some day he will enter the portal and we can discuss him making the jump to IU but all good things have to come to an end. Good luck kid!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People act like he is going to play in the Big Ten next year. Kid has 2 years to get bigger and stronger. He is putting up numbers against kids his age that will be entering college at the same time,

It was an All Star game against kids who won't even be playing high level basketball in college. I wish the kid well, but he would get dominated if he played in the Big Ten. High level programs didn't

Posted Images

On 3/29/2021 at 2:19 PM, dgambill said:

Great career for Luke. Amazing player. Hope to catch a game or two when he comes in town. That said I think it's time to take this to the Stetson board. Perhaps some day he will enter the portal and we can discuss him making the jump to IU but all good things have to come to an end. Good luck kid!

Yuck ...Stetson board ....not sure I’m ready for that.  On a side note what order do you have for mr basketball ?

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck to brown tomorrow in the mr basketball voting ....congrats on a great career....this is gonna be one helluva fun indiana all star team to watch.  Give me brown and JR at the 1 and 2 and then barnhizer Kaufman and Furst at the 3,4, and 5 and I’m not sure who they don’t boat race ....2 phenomenal ball handlers and passers in barnhizer and brown and three capable ball handlers who aren’t selfish in the others and you’ve got maybe thr best 3 point shooting line up I can remember to go with two guys 6’5 or bigger and two guys 6’9 or bigger 

Edited by IU/Butler/Notre Dame
  • Like 1
47 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Good luck to brown tomorrow in the mr basketball voting ....congrats on a great career....this is gonna be one helluva fun indiana all star team to watch.  Give me brown and JR at the 1 and 2 and then barnhizer Kaufman and First at the 3,4, and 5 and I’m not sure who they don’t boat race ....2 phenomenal ball handlers and passers in barnhizer and brown and three capable ball handlers who aren’t selfish in the others and you’ve got maybe thr best 3 point shooting line up I can remember to go with two guys 6’5 or bigger and two guys 6’9 or bigger 

Brown should be playing for Indiana and I have no idea why the previous staff didn't recruit Barnhizer. Definitely incompetence at it's best. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Brown should be playing for Indiana and I have no idea why the previous staff didn't recruit Barnhizer. Definitely incompetence at it's best. 

I think barnhizer will be a thorn in our side as an upperclassman with northwestern ...the fact we didn’t even offer him late is crazy to me ....I at least understand the argument on brown as far as being 6’1 And not a leaper/how that translates on defense.  Even weighing in a 2A schedule could at least give a justification for lack of offer all things combined ....but barnhizer is a solid 6’5 ( probably not the listed 6’7) led a 4A team to a 2 or 3 loss season taking the state Champs to a 1 point game in regional and he had 4 or 5 Triple doubles to go with maybe the best seasonal Stats of the group All while leading his team in points rebounds assists blocks AND steals ....I mean in what year has that ever happened with a 4A mr basketball finalist WITHOUT an IU offer ?

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

1. Indiana by 23 and it was exactly what I expected is this team.  Deep and played solid team ball.  They attacked from top to bottom.  Fun to watch.

2. everyone that doubted how Brown would play against top guys …he started with a notre dame , Illinois , and two Perdue recruits ….played the fourth or fifth most minutes on the team.  Was 7-9 18 points and 4 or 5 assists.  Zero turnover and lead team in scoring .  Two highlight passes.  Was primary ball handler most of the time he was in. Obviously the shot volume isn’t there but he looks like a better player with those studs around him that can dunk or hit shots on the other end of the passes

On 6/10/2021 at 11:40 PM, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

All stars take it to The junior all

stars …brown leads team in assists despite middle of the pack minutes.  Zero turnovers and 3-4 from the floor.  

Cj Gunn had a rough one 

4C558F18-35B8-461D-9820-3A8C536E06FF.jpeg

I'm just going to say it. CJ Gunn had better learn to shoot. i looked through the first 18 games, stopped following after that. CJ 9.6 a game 43% from the floor, 22% from 3 and 66% from the line. Great athlete but so what. this is a shooting Guard that cant shoot. I hope he can find a shot over the next year.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

1. Indiana by 23 and it was exactly what I expected is this team.  Deep and played solid team ball.  They attacked from top to bottom.  Fun to watch.

2. everyone that doubted how Brown would play against top guys …he started with a notre dame , Illinois , and two Perdue recruits ….played the fourth or fifth most minutes on the team.  Was 7-9 18 points and 4 or 5 assists.  Zero turnover and lead team in scoring .  Two highlight passes.  Was primary ball handler most of the time he was in. Obviously the shot volume isn’t there but he looks like a better player with those studs around him that can dunk or hit shots on the other end of the passes

He shoots to good to play at IU.

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Indykev said:

I'm just going to say it. CJ Gunn had better learn to shoot. i looked through the first 18 games, stopped following after that. CJ 9.6 a game 43% from the floor, 22% from 3 and 66% from the line. Great athlete but so what. this is a shooting Guard that cant shoot. I hope he can find a shot over the next year.

I agree and seems exactly like the prototype that Archie was fired over 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Indykev said:

I’m surprised. I was under the impression that he shot at a more solid clip than that.  You’re correct, under Woodson’s offense, we are going to need shooting almost everywhere, let alone at the shooting guard position.  

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Mr. Brown should be playing at Indiana. They can't talent and commitment like that slip through the cracks! 

9 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

He can prove himself for a year at Stetson then transfer. 

Both are correct although if Stetson makes the tourney his first or second year he may not have any interest in going elsewhere 

• Confused 2
4 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Both are correct although if Stetson makes the tourney his first or second year he may not have any interest in going elsewhere 

That's fine. I'm not sure if I'd want him at IU if he was satisfied with just making the NCAAT. I hope the players IU gets are disappointed by not winning a championship, not happy to just make the tournament.

Besides, nothing wrong with being happy at Stetson. If he wants to stay there for his whole college career because he likes it that's what he should do. 

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

That's fine. I'm not sure if I'd want him at IU if he was satisfied with just making the NCAAT. I hope the players IU gets are disappointed by not winning a championship, not happy to just make the tournament.

Besides, nothing wrong with being happy at Stetson. If he wants to stay there for his whole college career because he likes it that's what he should do. 

Totally agree with the second part and I wasn’t making a statement meant to be an indictment on his competitiveness or overall goal I meant more in line with your last sentiment that if they make a tournament  or two it might be tough not want to see things through your junior and senior year ….it would be much easier if you excelled individually but didn’t appear to get a post season chance to make a change 

6 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Mr. Brown should be playing at Indiana. They can't talent and commitment like that slip through the cracks! 

If he is playing at Stetson there are a lot of schools that evidently let him "slip through the cracks". Did he even have any high level offers? Maybe he is where he should be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1