Stories That Make You Shake Your Head At The World

On 7/11/2022 at 9:10 PM, jv1972iu said:

NASA said, "This slice of the vast universe covers a patch of sky approximately the size of a grain of sand held at arm's length by someone on the ground" when describing the photo.   That's hard to wrap your head around.

Supernovae explode on an average once every 100 years in a galaxy. CRACKED.COM Assuming there are 170 billion galaxies in the universe, there are 53 supernovae exploding every sin- gle second.

• Like 1

Pretty sure this is someone who lives nearby pissed off about the filming parking restrictions. It’s annoying as hell to have all of these film crews messing up the block, but you can’t just shoot someone if you are mad about it.

This guy worked for Law & Order and is now dead b/c someone was angry about parking restrictions.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/19/entertainment/law-and-order-organized-crime-set-shooting/index.html

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Apparently we are now teaching violence at our high schools. 

https://www.theepochtimes.com/worksheet-at-boston-high-school-suggests-assassinations-as-legitimate-form-of-resisting-oppression_4604614.html

Teacher needs to be fired yesterday. Our education system is causing some of these problems in society. We need to stop /fix this. 

They want my e-mail addy?

Here is a link to read without your email-

https://www.theepochtimes.com/worksheet-at-boston-high-school-suggests-assassinations-as-legitimate-form-of-resisting-oppression_4604614.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=ZeroHedge

Read it all, look at the source materials from the Boston teachers union website... here is just a snippet-

"In a second example, depicting crosshairs on the chest of President Nixon, Friedrichs said this type of image is “extremely dangerous in the mind of a child.”

“When children are being encouraged to view assassination as a legitimate form of resistance, we’ve entered into some very, very dangerous territory,” Newman said. “The blatant encouragement of assassination as a tactic of resistance to oppression is how this image needs to be understood.”

Images such as this are “paving the way to more widespread violence in society,” he said, noting that “there are very, very powerful forces that want to see America break out into some very significant violence.”

“In America, there’s a centuries-old tradition of tolerance for peaceful protest, for peaceful assembly, [and] for peaceful seeking of redress of grievances that’s being lost,” Newman said. “A lot of these children are being indoctrinated to believe that the alleged oppression they are facing is so severe that violent rebellion is not only justified, but necessary.”"

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Reacher said:

these children are being indoctrinated to believe that the alleged oppression they are facing is so severe

"alleged oppression" is the key phrase. 

Certain groups of people are told they are victims, and their so-called oppressors are the enemy.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Pretty sure this is someone who lives nearby pissed off about the filming parking restrictions. It’s annoying as hell to have all of these film crews messing up the block, but you can’t just shoot someone if you are mad about it.

This guy worked for Law & Order and is now dead b/c someone was angry about parking restrictions.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/19/entertainment/law-and-order-organized-crime-set-shooting/index.html

My 16 year old daughter is a huge fan of Law & Order SVU.  She has been pestering us to visit NYC during the time of year they are filming the show.  Wonder if this will change her mind.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

My 16 year old daughter is a huge fan of Law & Order SVU.  She has been pestering us to visit NYC during the time of year they are filming the show.  Wonder if this will change her mind.

Law and order is probably my all time favorite series. Smart young lady you have

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I hope not. A very isolated incident. I’m sure. Some people get REALLY worked up about the filming crews taking over their block/neighborhood. Am surprised there aren’t more interactions between residents and film crews. We realize it’s just part of living here. 

Don't rent a car from Hertz.  Several stories in the link.  I copied one below.  But, the main story is at the end and involves an Indiana man.  It's several paragraphs, so I did not copy and paste..  Pretty scary stuff.   

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/investigations/13-investigates/hertz-accused-of-ruining-innocent-lives-by-filing-false-stolen-car-reports-against-customers-13-investigates-rental-agreement-price-arrest-attorney/531-d1cc68f1-5f20-473c-939e-c612034e33d1

image.png.c52759235498f39daed57f24ee9ac6a8.png

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Don't rent a car from Hertz.  Several stories in the link.  I copied one below.  But, the main story is at the end and involves an Indiana man.  It's several paragraphs, so I did not copy and paste..  Pretty scary stuff.   

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/investigations/13-investigates/hertz-accused-of-ruining-innocent-lives-by-filing-false-stolen-car-reports-against-customers-13-investigates-rental-agreement-price-arrest-attorney/531-d1cc68f1-5f20-473c-939e-c612034e33d1

Image result for oj hertz image

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Hertz use to be my "go to" when I traveled a lot simply because I liked skipping rental car lines by being in their little club. No more I guess...

One thing I'd advise anybody to do though is go over any rental car with a fine toothed comb before you drive off and have an attendant annotate any dings, scratches, or other anomalies.

I rented one once that smelled like the inside of a pool hall. Someone had obviously been smoking in it. I told the attendant to annotate that before I left. Sure enough, on the other end they tried to charge me for smoking in the car. That 2 minutes I took to inspect it saved me about $100 bucks. 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Do not give these crazy people your email! 

The Epoch Times is a far-right international multi-language newspaper and media company affiliated with the Falun Gong new religious movement.

This is the same trash that floods NYC with Shen Yun advertising. They are batshit crazy cultists. 

Lemme guess... they infiltrated the Boston teachers union to post those materials on their website? Wow! You are far out there. For once, try focusing on the story instead of the messenger.  The story includes source materials for those who may want more details. A big improvement over "unnamed sources" that your favorite sources rely on.

I worked with a guy that when he turned in his car I believe it was in Belgium, they charged him for a speeding ticket!! Quite pricey if I remember. Seems the car kept track of its speed and location and they then had evidence of the speeding?