Movies

MoyeCowbell

12 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Movie trailers are an art form.

Here's the Battle for Sevastopol.  About a sniper with over 300 kills.  Amazing music.

‘All quiet’ was mandatory reading when I was in school, and Pavlichenko killed more than 400 fascist’s as she said. Very good movie.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Planes,Trains and Automobiles.

Nuff said.  The only Thanksgiving movie. 

13 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Nope... Shawshank Redemption is THE only Thanksgiving movie,

as well as 23dec20xx , 27DEEC20xx and 72 more days through out the year of 20xx. mic drop. :)

Naughty Nurses at Night - A Holiday Feast 

You'll be thankful you watched  

• Haha 3

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Saw where Tom Sizemore had a brain aneurysm as result of a stroke and probably wont make it.

Not the most famous of actors but solid and was great in the movies Heat, Saving Private Ryan, and Blackhawk Down. 

Always liked him in his roles. That dude packed a lot into a life and not all of it good. Hope he can go peacefully. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2023 at 8:14 AM, mrflynn03 said:

Saw where Tom Sizemore had a brain aneurysm as result of a stroke and probably wont make it.

Not the most famous of actors but solid and was great in the movies Heat, Saving Private Ryan, and Blackhawk Down. 

damn. I loved him in those two. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We were soldiers. Starring Mel Gibson.

The reason I bring it up besides it being a good movie. I just read Ft Benning, where the movie was filmed had been renamed after Lt. General Harold Moore Gibson’s character. Spent a lot of time on Ft Moore as a civilian contractor.

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

The reason I bring it up besides it being a good movie. I just read Ft Benning, where the movie was filmed had been renamed after Lt. General Harold Moore Gibson’s character. Spent a lot of time on Ft Moore as a civilian contractor.

I just saw that too. At least they chose a good name.

As for the movie I liked it but cannot stand the ending. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

I didn't know they'd renamed it...

Benning used to be where the Army Paratrooper school was (may still be)...

One of our regular missions at Eglin was for a USAF C-141 full of Army Paratroopers from Benning to come over to a range (B-70) within Restricted area R2915A and drop them...

5 minutes after the 141 cleared the airspace you could count on 2 or 3 medevac helicopters to follow up, picking up the injured and the guys hung up in trees... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

One of our regular missions at Eglin was for a USAF C-141 full of Army Paratroopers from Benning to come over to a range (B-70) within Restricted area R2915A and drop them...

5 minutes after the 141 cleared the airspace you could count on 2 or 3 medevac helicopters to follow up, picking up the injured and the guys hung up in trees... 

watched several drops, but don’t remember the helicopters! Maybe they were just on standby as Ft Moores airfield was only a few miles from where they typically dropped?

25 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The airborne school is still there and the ranger school too. 

Moore was part of a unit that tested experimental parachutes. So it's aptly named. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

watched several drops, but don’t remember the helicopters! Maybe they were just on standby as Ft Moores airfield was only a few miles from where they typically dropped?

Maybe...B-70 was heavily wooded with those tall pine trees common to NW Florida...So the medevacs had their work cut out for them...

24 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The airborne school is still there and the ranger school too. 

Moore was part of a unit that tested experimental parachutes. So it's aptly named. 

I was working the night this happened...

The fog was so bad, even helicopters, who have vastly lower takeoff visability requirements (1/4 mile if I remember right) couldn't immediately launch whe we got the call...Camp Rudder was commonly called Field 6 in the Eglin numbering system...

Dying of hypothermia in Florida...Sad day...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

It was 39 years ago today that these words were first uttered by Louis Tully...

"I am Vinz, Vinz Clortho, Keymaster of Gozer. Volguus Zildrohar, Lord of the Sebouillia. Are you the Gatekeeper?"

Who ya gonna call?

To easy I’ll leave it for someone else.

Can anyone think of a sequel that was actually better than the original?

I'm looking forward to seeing the next Spiderverse movie in the theaters. But the first movie is one of my favorites so I'm prepping myself ahead of time that this new one won't be as good as the original. That's just too high a standard.

I felt the same way about How To Train Your Dragon. Genuinely, even as a 40 year old man, that's my favorite movie. The two sequels were fine, but couldn't reach the heights of the first.

I guess everyone acknowledges Empire Strikes Back as better than Star Wars. And the Dark Knight was better than Batman Begins. Not sure there are many others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

Can anyone think of a sequel that was actually better than the original?

I'm looking forward to seeing the next Spiderverse movie in the theaters. But the first movie is one of my favorites so I'm prepping myself ahead of time that this new one won't be as good as the original. That's just too high a standard.

I felt the same way about How To Train Your Dragon. Genuinely, even as a 40 year old man, that's my favorite movie. The two sequels were fine, but couldn't reach the heights of the first.

I guess everyone acknowledges Empire Strikes Back as better than Star Wars. And the Dark Knight was better than Batman Begins. Not sure there are many others.

A lot of people don't know it, but "Silence of the Lambs" was actually a sequel to a 1986 movie called "Manhunter" that was based on Thomas Harris's novel "Red Dragon" (it was remade as "Red Dragon" in the early 2000s)...

That said, "Manhunter" was a pretty good movie, but "Silence of the Lambs" is an iconic movie...