Ohio State Post Game Thread

KDB

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Loved what Galloway did tonight and not to be a buzzkill, but it didn’t look like OSU game planned for him at all. He looked like a world beater last year too until his defenders stepped back a few steps to deny any penetration. Teams will force him to shoot or pass and it I’m betting this will happen as soon as the Minnesota game. Hope I’m wrong or I hope he starts to hit shots at a decent clip from the perimeter. Still love the effort tonight and still think he is of great value to this team, just maybe not as much as we are thinking tonight.  

Honestly, I thought his D was his bigger influence. We have not seen a lot of "pick 6" kind of plays since Oladipo and Sheehey were roaming the court.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm confused, im not pushing anything.

That OSU game was the first IU game I took my wife to.  The most fun I had at any IU game since my dad died. 

Since you’re confused let me help you out… you referred to COViD as “China virus” and “Wuhan flu”, both of which are inaccurate and xenophobic terms. I’m sure it was a completely innocent mistake so consider yourself educated

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Awesome win tonight! I've always been a big Galloway, but geez he was phenomenal tonight. 

He brings such a different dimension that nobody else on the roster does. As a sort of "point forward" he get us out in transition better then anyone. 

His effort, energy, defense and ability to push the pace are so important. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This might sound odd, but Trey might be our 2nd most skilled offensively player 😂

He passes well, cuts well, consistently breaks his man down off the dribble, finishes reasonably well, will offensive rebound well with time(maybe does now, not sure)... again.. and overall won't hurt you, often. 

🤷‍♂️

Idk. But tonight felt good for the team, I'm sure. 

• Like 4

Just now, btownqb said:

This might sound odd, but Trey might be our 2nd most skilled offensively player 😂

He passes well, cuts well, consistently breaks his man down off the dribble, finishes reasonably well, will offensive rebound well with time(maybe does now, not sure)... again.. and overall won't hurt you, often. 

🤷‍♂️

I think you're right, he's so skilled, athletic and smart. If Galloway had a jumper, IU would be on an entire different level, I think Galloway is that good. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Awesome win tonight! I've always been a big Galloway, but geez he was phenomenal tonight. 

He brings such a different dimension that nobody else on the roster does. As a sort of "point forward" he get us out in transition better then anyone. 

His effort, energy, defense and ability to push the pace are so important. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

🤷‍♂️

He's consistently decisive in his actions on the court.  None of our other ball-handlers are on a consistent basis.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Bloomington South was 98-13 during Leal's career to be exact.  

I believe there was 8 sectionals, 3 or 4 regional titles, 2 semis and 1 state. 

And Leal got covided out of at least 1 regional.. and I think they would have beaten LN, I really do. At Seymour.. oh yeah BS wins 37-33. Then who knows who wins the state title against Carmel.. but probably Carmel, but that would have been Carmels only game all year where they weren't at a coaching advantage. 

Two of the most underrated HS careers ever. 

Back to Indiana.. Galloway is going to be a very solid player for us, my goodness get your wrists healthy. Leal will find a way to play, meaningful continous mins, at some point, in his career. He's Jared Odle. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

I'm hoping Leal and Galloway are able to get on the court at the same time. Leal isn't a great match-up for a quick, athletic team like OSU, but I hope we get to see them together in some others.

Amazing what smart basketball and playing with energy does for a team. This team continued dumping the ball down low and let it work from there.

I thought Phinisee was very active defensively. He did a great job.

The addition of Galloway makes this team so much better and deeper.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zville Hoosier said:

Since you’re confused let me help you out… you referred to COViD as “China virus” and “Wuhan flu”, both of which are inaccurate and xenophobic terms. I’m sure it was a completely innocent mistake so consider yourself educated

I guess a sense of humor is lost on you. Or maybe I'm just an ass.

BTW the actual definition of xenophobia is a prejudice against the people of another country.  I have no problem the people, I just can't tolerate their form of government.

BTW is an acronym for "by the way"

I've already explained the definition of xenophobia.

Consider yourself educated.  

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

Trey Galloway is Luke Recker with less need to be at the center of things...

Or a better more athletic Coverdale. Either way we have a player that makes a difference. 

Besides him though. TJD coming to play and one of the plays of the game was the pass from TJD to Race to extend the lead. I'm still liking X and Parker....Coach is trying to figure out which guys plays best with each other at different times. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Or a better more athletic Coverdale. Either way we have a player that makes a difference. 

Besides him though. TJD coming to play and one of the plays of the game was the pass from TJD to Race to extend the lead. I'm still liking X and Parker....Coach is trying to figure out which guys plays best with each other at different times. 

I see it, how you see it. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I guess a sense of humor is lost on you. Or maybe I'm just an ass.

BTW the actual definition of xenophobia is a prejudice against the people of another country.  I have no problem the people, I just can't tolerate their form of government.

BTW is an acronym for "by the way"

I've already explained the definition of xenophobia.

Consider yourself educated.  

@Zville Hoosier

Still don't understand why you are confused.  You are clearly misunderstanding the definition of a phobia.