Indiana HS football 2022

On 11/20/2022 at 9:38 AM, jv1972iu said:

Sorry, but I have to mention that my HS (in Ohio...sorry) last night won the division IV regional championship for the fourth time in five years.  They are 14-0 with ten shutouts and have scored 528 points while giving up 35 to opponents.  The senior class has a record of 49-3.  The Wyoming HS Cowboys play Steubenville in the state semi finals next Saturday.  Go Cowboys!!   😁

My alma mater, Wyoming HS, defeated Steubenville last night 32-20.  They will face Cleveland Glenville HS next Saturday night for the Ohio HS Division IV state championship.  Glenville is coached by Ted Ginn Sr. whose son Ted jr. played WR for OSU and in the NFL.  Going to be a very tough game.  Each team's offense has scored more than 550 pts while each one's defense has allowed less than 100 pts.  Both teams are undefeated... Wyoming 15-0...Glenville 14-0.  Glenville ranked #1 in Division IV...Wyoming #2.  Sorry!  I know it's not Indiana, but wanted to share.  Thanks.  Go Cowboys !!   😁

17 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

State Finals today scores:

1A 

30-13 Lutheran over Adams Central

3A

34-14 Chatard or Lawrenceburg 

5 blowouts this weekend so far

I only saw highlights but the lefty Jackson Willis didn't look very 1A to me. Almost played a perfect game....one to keep an eye on....and the athletes on that team didn't resemble most 1A teams to me.

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I only saw highlights but the lefty Jackson Willis didn't look very 1A to me. Almost played a perfect game....one to keep an eye on....and the athletes on that team didn't resemble most 1A teams to me.

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The size on their line doesn't look like 1A either 

In football, Indy is just on a different plane from the rest of the state. Adams Central has phenomenal depth (68 players this year), speed and talent for a 1A program...but was still no match for Lutheran. It's crazy how in high school sports, a team can look unbeatable and have all the right pieces, but there's still somehow another team out there that's even better. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

In football, Indy is just on a different plane from the rest of the state. Adams Central has phenomenal depth (68 players this year), speed and talent for a 1A program...but was still no match for Lutheran. It's crazy how in high school sports, a team can look unbeatable and have all the right pieces, but there's still somehow another team out there that's even better. 

Understand I'm just surprised how some of those kids haven't been lured to other city schools or programs.