Maryland Pregame Thread

KenPom: Maryland 72-69, 40% chance of IU victory

Vegas: Maryland -2

ESPN: 40% chance of IU victory

Obviously the main issue preceding the game is the health of Juwan Morgan, which we reportedly will not hear about until some point tomorrow.

Maryland is keyed by Anthony Cowan and Kevin Huerter, who both average double figures and shoot above 40% from 3 (47% for Huerter). Not allowing those two guys to go off from beyond the arc is paramount to our chances in this game.

57 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

KenPom: Maryland 72-69, 40% chance of IU victory

Vegas: Maryland -2

ESPN: 40% chance of IU victory

Obviously the main issue preceding the game is the health of Juwan Morgan, which we reportedly will not hear about until some point tomorrow.

Maryland is keyed by Anthony Cowan and Kevin Huerter, who both average double figures and shoot above 40% from 3 (47% for Huerter). Not allowing those two guys to go off from beyond the arc is paramount to our chances in this game.

Unfortunately we don't do that.  One of them is going to go off big

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

No way we lose this game in Assembly Hall.  We win even if Morgan is unable to play.  For comparison sake, Maryland lost to MSU by 30.  So, it's not like you can hold that loss against us.

I don’t see how we have a good chance to win this game without Morgan.  The offense has been absolutely atrocious every second he’s been off the court in Big Ten play.  We’ll be hard pressed to break 50 points without him.

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I don’t see how we have a good chance to win this game without Morgan.  The offense has been absolutely atrocious every second he’s been off the court in Big Ten play.  We’ll be hard pressed to break 50 points without him.

Secret weapon is about to be unleashed.

Hopefully home court will help with or without. Can't get a good read on Maryland. Close losses to good teams, blowouts....seem to be all over the place. Are they dealing with injuries too?

On a side note. Time to step up IU fans/students. Sick of seeing empty seats on TV. Get tickets to someone who will use them if not interested in going. For those headed to game from Indy please understand that just leaving work or home at 530 means you'll be late. 

What bothers me about this game is the quick turnaround from Friday night, and then another even quicker one to travel to Illinois on Wednesday.

If Morgan cannot play, that means one less player to spread minutes between, and less rest time for those playing. If Smith or McSwain get in quick foul trouble, you'll see guys playing extended minutes without the benefit of Archie's normal rotations.

If Moore is ready, he should be the next guy up. If Priller is called upon to play any meaningful minutes, I am afraid we're in trouble.

I have no idea on this one. If Smith and Moore can provide something and stay in the game and we can shoot better than we normally do and not have many turn overs we might have a chance. If we lose  Smith and Moore to foul trouble and we shoot like normal I don't think we can pull it out. 

unfortunately without Morgan, i say we lose this one.  I just don't see where the extra 16-20 points is going to come from with these guys.  And he is one of our best rebounders and finishes well at the rim.  I think our only hope is that RoJo has one of those 20+ shooting nights, we don't turn the ball over, and they are having an off shooting night.

McBob is going to have to have a big night.   

Archived