Give me more Juwan Morgans

btownqb

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

All I said was it mattered.. didn't say it was the only criteria. 

We'll see....I'll be rooting for him even though selfishly I'd really hate to see him get 1st team all bigten if that somehow convinces him to declare for the draft. I think he'll end up somewhere on the 2nd team and hopefully he comes next year surrounded by more talent (i.e. Romeo) and puts up 20 and 10 a game for an entire season and plays his way into a mid 1st round pick somewhat ala Denzel Valentine. 

3 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

The all-conference teams aren't selected on conference play alone and saying Murphy is a volume scorer and Morgan isn't doesn't make sense. Murphy average 12 shots a game to Morgan's 10. To say someone like Kevin Durant or Carmelo Anthony is a volume scorer would be accurate. A guy who shoots 12 shots a game isn't. I was just mocking your use of the terminology, not actually referring to Morgan as a volume scorer. If we're going to only consider conference statistics they average the exact same amount of shots per game.  

It's voted in by media and coaches who see him in.... Conference games. Conference games matter more and Morgan is dominating competitive games when it matters. At this point he would be on the team over Murphy. 

And same amount of shots in conference resulting in 4 more PPG for Morgan kind of proves my point about Murphy. 

29 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It's voted in by media and coaches who see him in.... Conference games. Conference games matter more and Morgan is dominating competitive games when it matters. At this point he would be on the team over Murphy. 

And same amount of shots in conference resulting in 4 more PPG for Morgan kind of proves my point about Murphy. 

As for voting criteria you’re just guessing. Stop pretending like you know more than anyone else. As for your point about Murphy being a volume scorer, you are wrong and you understand that or ironically you are the one who doesn’t know what a volume scorer is. There’s a lot of basketball left to be played so I don’t see a point in debating this heavily over who’s going to end up with the better season at this point. Time will tell how it all shakes out

3 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

As for voting criteria you’re just guessing. Stop pretending like you know more than anyone else. As for your point about Murphy being a volume scorer, you are wrong and you understand that or ironically you are the one who doesn’t know what a volume scorer is. There’s a lot of basketball left to be played so I don’t see a point in debating this heavily over who’s going to end up with the better season at this point. Time will tell how it all shakes out

I'm not just guessing, but okay.  I am fairly confident you're the one who thinks he knows more than everyone else is Murphy is considered a lock for 1st team all conference. 

Either way, even if you weigh the entire season Morgan is much better than Murphy.  He has a better PER, TS%, EFG%, Win Shares and Plus Minus just to get started with that point.  I'm not really sure what metric you've got to say Murphy is a lock and Morgan is behind him other than rebounds and the fact that he scores more (and since he is less efficient across the board doesn't that make him a volume scorer?) 

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm not just guessing, but okay.  I am fairly confident you're the one who thinks he knows more than everyone else is Murphy is considered a lock for 1st team all conference. 

Either way, even if you weigh the entire season Morgan is much better than Murphy.  He has a better PER, TS%, EFG%, Win Shares and Plus Minus just to get started with that point.  I'm not really sure what metric you've got to say Murphy is a lock and Morgan is behind him other than rebounds and the fact that he scores more (and since he is less efficient across the board doesn't that make him a volume scorer?) 

Me saying my opinion that Murphy is a lock is not knowing more than anyone, it's an opinion. You saying you know the exact criteria as to how the voters select the all conference teams is pretending to know something everyone else doesn't. In any event, being slightly less efficient than one player (in this case Juwan Morgan) doesn't instantly place you into a category of being a volume scorer. I can't believe that has to be explained to you but when you're shooting only 12 shots a game and making 52% of them you're not a volume scorer. You can argue that Morgan is a better player and I honestly wont disagree with you...that wasn't the point I made and what we were debating but when you have a guy who's 1st in rebounding and 4th in scoring I think he gets 1st team honors vs a guy who isn't top 5 in either. Jaren Jackson Jr is better than both of them and will be lucky to make the 2nd team in my opinion. All of this is moot if Carr and Happ continue to have the seasons they are having in the first place.

4 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Me saying my opinion that Murphy is a lock is not knowing more than anyone, it's an opinion. You saying you know the exact criteria as to how the voters select the all conference teams is pretending to know something everyone else doesn't. In any event, being slightly less efficient than one player (in this case Juwan Morgan) doesn't instantly place you into a category of being a volume scorer. I can't believe that has to be explained to you but when you're shooting only 12 shots a game and making 52% of them you're not a volume scorer. You can argue that Morgan is a better player and I honestly wont disagree with you...that wasn't the point I made and what we were debating but when you have a guy who's 1st in rebounding and 4th in scoring I think he gets 1st team honors vs a guy who isn't top 5 in either. Jaren Jackson Jr is better than both of them and will be lucky to make the 2nd team in my opinion. All of this is moot if Carr and Happ continue to have the seasons they are having in the first place.

I never once stated I knew the specific criteria. I did say the guys voting on this see them play in conference games; Juwan has been much better in conference games. Are you really pretending that's not factual?

11 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I never once stated I knew the specific criteria. I did say the guys voting on this see them play in conference games; Juwan has been much better in conference games. Are you really pretending that's not factual?

You didn't say the voters weigh conference games more heavily? and what makes you think they don't see the non conference games? As for your absurd question, you know I never made such a comment and I even said I wouldn't even disagree that Morgan is better than Murphy so if this is what you're going to resort to, deflecting, changing the narrative, denying you said things you said and making up things I said, than I'm not interested in debating with you any further. Hit the ignore button and I'll do the same. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

You didn't say the voters weigh conference games more heavily? and what makes you think they don't see the non conference games? As for your absurd question, you know I never made such a comment and I even said I wouldn't even disagree that Morgan is better than Murphy so if this is what you're going to resort to, deflecting, changing the narrative, denying you said things you said and making up things I said, than I'm not interested in debating with you any further. Hit the ignore button and I'll do the same. 

I said they matter more, not that it's criteria. You really don't think the games matter more that voters see than the ones they don't? It doesn't have to be criteria to matter more. 

You said Murphy was a lock. I pointed out Juwan has been much better in conference games. I stated the fact that the guys voting see them play in conference games which is a fact. Zach Osterman sees Murphy up close when he plays the team he covers, not when he plays a non-conference nobody. That's obvious. I'm fairly certain the only narrative changing is the guy who said Murphy was a lock for first team all conference and now says maybe Morgan is better and that they both may be behind Happ and Carr. 

Feel free to ignore me, I make a habit of not ignoring those I disagree with. I like to learn and have my views challenged; echo chambers don't do much for me. 

Archived