Is This 1936 All Over Again?

IUFLA

17 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Putin is a weak little bitch who knows he’s beat. He’s desperate. I don’t see a good way out of this for Russia. Winter won’t save them. I just can’t see a scenario where Ukraine’s support evaporates among Western countries. This is the part where it’s beyond obvious that Little Poot miscalculated. His own army knows it and the West definitely knows it. 

The dangerous part is what does a weak man backed in a corner with nukes at his disposal do? We’ll find out soon. 

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That's the scary part. I think so Putin has already screwed himself big time, but does he sacrifice his whole country (and himself) by using a battlefield nuke, or does he spare Russia with his demise? 

Once again I will bring up that assassination thingy.

35 minutes ago, rico said:

Once again I will bring up that assassination thingy.

33 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Best outcome for the world for sure.

You'd think the world, and Russia in particular, would learn from history...

Of course, German officers did try to take out Hitler, but failed...

If Putin's inner circle comes to the conclusion that he's taking them down with him, they'll act... Hopefully... 

I do see things escalating further. While Russia is being pushed back now, and being exposed as a weak fighting force, they can play the long game. Ukraine is losing good people that will not easily be replaced.

One new wrinkle is the bombing of Nordstream in which there is strong evidence the US was involved. This will make Germany mad at us and serve to splinter the EU and NATO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

I do see things escalating further. While Russia is being pushed back now, and being exposed as a weak fighting force, they can play the long game. Ukraine is losing good people that will not easily be replaced.

One new wrinkle is the bombing of Nordstream in which there is strong evidence the US was involved. This will make Germany mad at us and serve to splinter the EU and NATO.

That coupled with Jong going off the rails by shooting missiles and skirting airspace with fighters sounds like another 2 front war in the making

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That coupled with Jong going off the rails by shooting missiles and skirting airspace with fighters sounds like another 2 front war in the making

You could add in the strengthening dollar stressing out a bunch of emerging market countries, and food and fuel scarcity ratcheting up tensions across the globe. 

• Like 1

We could just invest heavily in domestic oil production and flood the market with US energy driving the price down and hitting Russia right in the GDP.

Then, shove Putins annexation up his kiester, tell him to withdraw his forces or we bomb all the infrastructure on the Ukrainian side of the border and leave his forces stranded and let the Ukrainian army wipe them out. 

Tell the Norks to quit playing in their sandbox or we'll make the 3 light bulbs they are able to turn on go dark. 

And before we are finally done make the northern Mexican states an inhospitable hellscape.

Whew, good thing I'm not in charge. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

We could just invest heavily in domestic oil production and flood the market with US energy driving the price down and hitting Russia right in the GDP.

Then, shove Putins annexation up his kiester, tell him to withdraw his forces or we bomb all the infrastructure on the Ukrainian side of the border and leave his forces stranded and let the Ukrainian army wipe them out. 

Tell the Norks to quit playing in their sandbox or we'll make the 3 light bulbs they are able to turn on go dark. 

And before we are finally done make the northern Mexican states an inhospitable hellscape.

36 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I got a good chuckle out of the rant. Nobody in power now wants low gas prices. Driving up the price to reduce consumption is the current energy policy. As I've said before, the wealthy don't really care about the price of gas. The poor on the other hand have to make difficult choices and often have to do without something essential.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The BRICS countries are still at it. 

BRICS nations talk on reserve currency to reduce dependence on dollar, euro

"The possibility and prospects of setting up a common single currency based on a basket of currencies of the BRICS countries is being discussed," Knyazev, Russian Sous Sherpa said.

The reserve currency will be based on a basket of the currencies of the five major emerging economies of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, according to media reports.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Anyone else notice Xi sitting down with Putin the other day?  China is trying to position themselves as a mediator and peacemaker in the Russian-Ukraine war.  I think a Russia-China alliance is concerning.  Should be interesting to watch.

You also have China colonizing Africa and gobbling up all the resources needed for green energy initiatives.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is pretty funny..

“The paradox would be that, overcome with panic, we believe we are just America’s followers,” Macron said in the interview. “The question Europeans need to answer … is it in our interest to accelerate [a crisis] on Taiwan? No. The worse thing would be to think that we Europeans must become followers on this topic and take our cue from the U.S. agenda and a Chinese overreaction,” he said."

Maybe the US should have said the same thing in 1940... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

This is pretty funny..

“The paradox would be that, overcome with panic, we believe we are just America’s followers,” Macron said in the interview. “The question Europeans need to answer … is it in our interest to accelerate [a crisis] on Taiwan? No. The worse thing would be to think that we Europeans must become followers on this topic and take our cue from the U.S. agenda and a Chinese overreaction,” he said."

Have to admit I only read a few paragraphs. This is just so wrong on every front! Europe with their elevated self elitism (France being the worst) seems to forget it was Europe that brought the world to Two world wars! Not to mention how many other wars? What are they going to do join hands with China and sing kumbia? All the while China buys up all of the world’s resources?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

This is pretty funny..

Macron has been screwing the pooch on all fronts for a bit. Not a fan of his.