2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Michael Wacha was out there and is having a very good year in SD

It sounds realistic, Wacha, a known winner and vet, was going to sign with the Cincinnati Reds this off season? Cmon now.  

Its honestly ok to say its really no ones fault. You don't just shrug off injuries to 3 starters, especially when you're the Reds. 

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Doesn't mattter.  He is a decent BOR guy now.

The Reds have narrowed down their issues to 4th/5th starters, which is irrelevant if they all get hurt anyway... 

And relief pitcher depth in the Minors? 

Seems like solid problems to have, with where they've been for the last 5-6 years. 

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The Reds have narrowed down their issues to 4th/5th starters, which is irrelevant if they all get hurt anyway... 

And relief pitcher depth in the Minors? 

Seems like solid problems to have, with where they've been for the last 5-6 years. 

Problem is that they DIDN'T have a 4 or 5 starter coming out of ST.  Heck, Cessa ain't even with the team any longer..

I have no ides what relief pitchers they have below AAA.

The Reds made the play-offs in '20 and then dismantled the team.

9 minutes ago, rico said:

Problem is that they DIDN'T have a 4 or 5 starter coming out of ST.  Heck, Cessa ain't even with the team any longer..

I have no ides what relief pitchers they have below AAA.

The Reds made the play-offs in '20 and then dismantled the team.

That team was not good, they got waxed in the playoffs, and were 31-29... 

The Reds were right to blow that up. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That team was not good, they got waxed in the playoffs, and were 31-29... 

The Reds were right to blow that up. 

Waxed in the playoffs?  Your opinion.

They should have kept some of that pitching.  It worked out I suppose.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Waxed in the playoffs?  Your opinion.

They should have kept some of that pitching.  It worked out I suppose.

Those pitchers, Mahle, Gray, Castillo aren't doing much right now.  And mgmt was looking to stock prospects at that time.  If the Reds can play .500 baseball this seaon, then I'm happy.  If they somehow win the division...great!  But I doubt that's going to happen.  The pitching simply isn't there.

I guess on his podcast that former  Him Bowden said the Reds should trade Encarscion-Strand for Max Scherzer. To me that would be a foolish trade for the Reds. To me it could end up like when tbe Astros traded Larry Anderson to the Red Sox for a minor leaguers named Jeff Bagwell. When the Braves traded Doyle Alexander to the Tigers for a minor leaguer named John Smoltz.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess on his podcast that former  Him Bowden said the Reds should trade Encarscion-Strand for Max Scherzer. To me that would be a foolish trade for the Reds. To me it could end up like when tbe Astros traded Larry Anderson to the Red Sox for a minor leaguers named Jeff Bagwell. When the Braves traded Doyle Alexander to the Tigers for a minor leaguer named John Smoltz.

Yeah no. 

3 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Those pitchers, Mahle, Gray, Castillo aren't doing much right now.  And mgmt was looking to stock prospects at that time.  If the Reds can play .500 baseball this seaon, then I'm happy.  If they somehow win the division...great!  But I doubt that's going to happen.  The pitching simply isn't there.

Umm, you seem to forget about Lorenzen, Desclafani, Miley, Garrett, and Iglesias.  All would have been helpful this year.  But as I said it worked out I suppose.

30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Good ole Bowden.  What a tool.

10 minutes ago, rico said:

Umm, you seem to forget about Lorenzen, Desclafani, Miley, Garrett, and Iglesias.  All would have been helpful this year.  But as I said it worked out I suppose.

And held into them from 2020? Thats a lot of very avg baseball players you would have given contracts to. 

Iglesis they flat out dont need, Garrett sucks now, none of the starting pitchers interest me because of what the Reds have now/coming up. 

And basically all of those guys sucked with Reds, or in their last year were poor. Or couldnt stay healthy. 

Edited by btownqb

44 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If I were in charge of the PR department for the Reds I'd be getting this message out early. We will make moves that makes sense but we aren't going to give up our tremendous young nucleus or prospects for a run this year.

Of course still a long ways to go but I think most Reds fans would be understanding of that approach. Spend the $ that comes off the books in free agency for pitchers and bullpen but don't ship the prospects for run that will come up short. I mean the Braves and most of the West are still better. 

If a veteran is available and you can get him on the cheap do it....but don't trade prospects for this year. Next year sure if you acquire offseason pitching. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And held into them from 2020? Thats a lot of very avg baseball players you would have given contracts to. 

Iglesis they flat out dont need, Garrett sucks now, none of the starting pitchers interest me because of what the Reds have now/coming up. 

And basically all of those guys sucked with Reds, or in their last year were poor. Or couldnt stay healthy. 

As I keep saying, it worked out I suppose.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You don't trade a guy who should be your first baseman for 7-10 years for a 39 year old pitcher. The only way I would trade one of the top prospects is for a young pitcher you has a few years before arbitration 

And.. I mean.. CES #s are stuuuuupid good. Yeah no way. 

47 minutes ago, rico said:

Yeah...there were a lot of pitchers.  Teams wanted pitching and as I said the Reds were looking to restock the minors with prospects.  It wasn't perfect, but it never is.  JMHO.  😁

Abbott pitching pretty well through for but ready has 77 pitches. So more than likely that means he has only one more inning since you have to baby pitchers today.

Reds let a good opportunity slip in the top of the 4th having scored 1 and a runner on second and no outs but couldn't score anymore 1-1 top of 5th

• Haha 1