2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Bring him up

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He threw 5IP his last start, all the others have been pretty short, but.. could he be a sept call up? 

He's probably on an innings limit.  Might see him for a game or two to get his feet wet, but doubt he'll be a significant impact THIS season.  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

He's probably on an innings limit.  Might see him for a game or two to get his feet wet, but doubt he'll be a significant impact THIS season.  

My worry is some of our starters right now might be on a innings limit like Abbott, Williamson and maybe Ashcraft. Ashcraft had missed some time so he might not get close to his limit.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My worry is some of our starters right now might be on a innings limit like Abbott, Williamson and maybe Ashcraft. Ashcraft had missed some time so he might not get close to his limit.

Even if Phillips is a sept call up and throws like... 2 4 inning starts, it could be big. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

Even if Phillips is a sept call up and throws like... 2 4 inning starts, it could be big. 

Could always put him in the bullpen. In the past that is how organizations would develop starters is bringing them up and put them in the bullpen so they can get use to pitching in the big leagues 

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Could always put him in the bullpen. In the past that is how organizations would develop starters is bringing them up and put them in the bullpen so they can get use to pitching in the big leagues 

I'd prefer to see him used as an opener if you're going to just role with him an inning or two (which is fine)... I'd just keep him in the same "role", if that makes sense, for the duration of this year because 100% come March, he's a starter. 

But regardless.. eating up any innings in Sept would be beneficial for the Reds, undoubtedly, in any role. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Expect a ton of runs again tonight. Smyly has been bad and Williamson doesn't present a big challenge....although I realize he has 2 strong starts in a row. Winds out to left tonight. Has the makings of a 11-8 type game.

Last 25IP Williamson- 2.45ERA 1.15ERA 

Prior to that-- 38IP 5.82ERA 1.50WHIP 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Last 25IP Williamson- 2.45ERA 1.15ERA 

Prior to that-- 38IP 5.82ERA 1.50WHIP 

month of July stats:

25.2 IP, 19 H, 7 R, 2 HR, 1 BB, 5 K, 2.45 ERA

Opponents:

Padres, Dodgers, Giants, Nationals, Dbacks: Without looking up offensive stats I would guess 3 of those are bottom half, one average, and one good....? Not sure though

5 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

month of July stats:

25.2 IP, 19 H, 7 R, 2 HR, 1 BB, 5 K, 2.45 ERA

Opponents:

Padres, Dodgers, Giants, Nationals, Dbacks: Without looking up offensive stats I would guess 3 of those are bottom half, one average, and one good....? Not sure though

Not sure. I'll take his average outing tonight, though. 🤷‍♂️.. he's had 19K 10BB in those innings. So kinda walks have been just a little issue. 

Farmer, Sims, Diaz all still got the night off last night... so we'll see. 

8pm starts have been great for me. Not home until 715 most nights right now. 

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not sure. I'll take his average outing tonight, though. 🤷‍♂️.. he's had 19K 10BB in those innings. So kinda walks have been just a little issue. 

Farmer, Sims, Diaz all still got the night off last night... so we'll see. 

8pm starts have been great for me. Not home until 715 most nights right now. 

yah I messed up the BB and K's somehow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

Yeh.  Garbage time.  Did the cubs roll out their best bullpen guys to close down that game in the late innings. 

The Reds rolled out Luke Maile.  Would have loved to see him try to strike guys out instead of pitching to contact (and hard contact it was).

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Expect a ton of runs again tonight. Smyly has been bad and Williamson doesn't present a big challenge....although I realize he has 2 strong starts in a row. Winds out to left tonight. Has the makings of a 11-8 type game.

Don't sell Williamson short.  And, being a lefty could help against Bellinger and the other LH batters.

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Don't sell Williamson short.  And, being a lefty could help against Bellinger and the other LH batters.

You'll see almost every righty we have tonight. Regarding Cody...he's batting .347 with 7 dongs and 19 rbi vs lefties this year. OPS of 1.042

I was surprised that EDLC is sitting vs Smyly.