2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

1 minute ago, rico said:

Tip of the hat to the Gnats.

It seems like most of the teams we play have some big arms in the bullpen throwing 97-100. Our guys just seem like they just don't have great arms besides Diaz. Since you only use a reliever for 1 inning you need guys who throw hard and has a good slider

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It seems like most of the teams we play have some big arms in the bullpen throwing 97-100. Our guys just seem like they just don't have great arms besides Diaz. Since you only use a reliever for 1 inning you need guys who throw hard and has a good slider

The Reds did nothing, squat, zilch to bolster their staff last off season.  They did not expect them to be in a pennant race thus they added no pay roll.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

In.their 6 game last song streak the Reds batters have struck out 67 times and only walked 14 times .

In those 6 games our pitchers has walked 27 batters

Yep.  No Grammy awards being handed out to the Reds for this string of musical miscues.  

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Didn't see 3 of 4 from Reds after losing first one and 2 of 3 vs Braves but gosh darn it...good baseball Cubs. 

I'm on record right now that neither the Reds nor the Brewers make the playoffs.  Cubs grab the Central and Padres take the 3rd Wild Card.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I'm on record right now that neither the Reds nor the Brewers make the playoffs.  Cubs grab the Central and Padres take the 3rd Wild Card.  

No clue how it plays out. Was so down on these guys in May/June but when they started playing guys they should it's worked out. Either way....Cubs will get me to football season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yep... My first recollection of MLB was the 1964 NL Pennant race...

Yogi said it right... 

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Before my time.  The 1st pennant race I recall was '78.

I remember streaming every game I could the last week of the 1938 NL Race.  

• Haha 1

I started following MLB in late 1986. I watched the playoff games, remember seeing Dave Henderson save the Red Sox bacon by homering off Donnie Moore when the Angels were up 3-1 in the series. I remember Mike Scott making the Mets look silly but it wasn't enough to get the Astros to advance. The Little League team I played on was called the Astros and had those same colorful uniforms lol.

I bring up 1964 in reference to @rico's proclamation that "there's a lot of ball left to play."

The Phillies blew a 6 1/2 game lead with 12 to go in 64... The Cardinals swooped in and won not only the pennant, but the World Series too...

And there are Phillie fans to this day who despise the Reds Chico Ruiz... 

• Thanks 1