2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Reds defense is atrocious today. In the 6th inning Gibault came in with runners in 1st and 3rd and one out. Before throwing a pitch he tried to pick off the runner but threw it past first baseman. So far that is the only run SF has scored. In  the 7th inning with a runner on 1st and one out SF hit a grounder back to the pitcher but Cruz had a throwing error to second base. Reds up 2-1 but SF has two runners on.

On 8/29/2023 at 3:18 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were talking about the Yankees!! In last night's game against Detroit, the first 8 batters all struck out!! But the Yanks did manage a 4-1 win with Severino pitching a decent game no less. I think Severino was auditioning for other teams as I don't think he will be back in New York next year, JMO.

Looks like the Tigers and their non-existent offense were just what the doctor ordered for your Yankees. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Hey Reds fans, looks like they have acquired ex-Yankee, Harrison Bader off waivers. They got a good one. Also in the news it looks like the Brewers are interested in recently released ex-Yankee Josh Donaldson!

Ironic, 2 ex-Yanks playing for playoff contenders.....

Reds get Hunter Renfroe too

Reds have 5-4 season lead on Cubs.  A 2-2 split is good for the Reds in that it clinches the tiebreaker, but bad for the Reds because they would not gain ground.  They need a 3-1 outcome.  On the flip side, if the Cubs go 3-1 the Reds for all intents and purposes will not catch them.  And, even if they did, the Cubs would have the tiebreaker in that scenario.

Reds own tiebreaker against D-Backs but lose tiebreaker against Giants.  The reds and Marlins split the season series, so I do not know how that is resolved if they finished tied.  

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me it is hard to believe that the Reds are 11-1 vs the AL West. We need to play them more often.

3-0 Rangers at home

3-0 at the Astros

3-0 at the Angels 

2-1 at the A's

They play at home vs Seattle in the next week I believe.

If they A's weren't such a tough opponent, they could be 12-0.  :coffee:

Yanks lost today in 10 innings to Detroit. But there was history made today when Yankee  Anthony Volpe, became the first rookie in Yankee history to go 20-20 when he hit his 20th homer of the season to go with 20 stolen bases. Volpe did it in dramatic fashion as he smacked a 3 run home run in the top of the 9th with 2 outs to tie the game at 3!!

When you think of Yankee history, that's pretty incredible.... took this off the Yankee web-site...

Anthony Volpe #11 - 20/20 Rookie Season.